PDA

View Full Version : no PLAN B

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:53
everytime we attack we always goe down the left flank ,teams have started to put 2 players on jarvis as soon as he gets the ball and it stops the attack , this also happened last night with kightly

wolves need a plan b , would love us to start attacking down the middle but i dont think we have the creative midfielder to do it ?? maybe o'hara when fit ??

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:54
You've answered your own question.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:55
You've answered your own question.

was looking for other mixers opinions too mate ;)

bod101
01-02-2012, 15:56
everytime we attack we always goe down the left flank ,teams have started to put 2 players on jarvis as soon as he gets the ball and it stops the attack , this also happened last night with kightly

wolves need a plan b , would love us to start attacking down the middle but i dont think we have the creative midfielder to do it ?? maybe o'hara when fit ??

i disagree. i have noticed however we tend to do the majority of our attacking down whichever flank is next to the dugout.

TonySoprano
01-02-2012, 15:58
We've never had a plan B under Mccarthy. :confused:

SuperTigerWolf
01-02-2012, 16:02
I thought PLAN B was like a rapper type, but then things really took off for him when he went a bit like a male Amy Winehouse, left me with a kind of 'sell out' feeling about him.

He's good in Harry Brown though, total scumbag!

Ponty
01-02-2012, 16:07
Said this on the verdict thread. We are so predictable. If we can see it perhaps it's not surprising opposition teams can see it and set up accordingly.

Keep are wingers quiet and defend set pieces well and they know it will be Wolves 0 at the end of the game. Thank God some teams are as poor defending set pieces as we are or we'd be bottom, with a points tally in single figures.

Pengwern
01-02-2012, 16:13
We attacked down the right a lot in the first half last night!

hambaps
01-02-2012, 16:15
To have Plan B, you need Plan A

Tarcisio Mifsud
01-02-2012, 16:15
My friends, we do not even have plan A let alone plan B.

Fletcher with all due respect, is good when we play 4-4-2, Doyle would always remain a better option when we play 4-5-1, as he can hold the ball better than Fletcher.

Besides we have Hennessey he makes hundreds of saves, but then gives away 3 goals. In my opinion he had a 50/50 fault in the first goal, the other 50 shared by Ward. He was totally at fault for the second one, and share a good percentage on the third for he should have firstly covered the post from that angle. It is high time we give a chance to De Vries.

wallace
01-02-2012, 16:26
how can we be so pathetic at basic defending time and time again. week in, week out we leave the keeper totally exposed as our defence goes missing. the goals we let in last night was a total cockup by the central midfielders and defenders. bassong needs to be able to organise us quickly as the team lacks any leadership on the pitch or do we have to recall jody before its too late.

SimplyTheWolves
01-02-2012, 16:46
Ive said this a few times, we just don't seem have any tactical flexibility. Most teams seem to be able to adapt quite readily to suit, most of the time we go out with a game plan and stick with it no matter what.

It still makes me wonder why we constantly play one up front, OK some times it's called for, but to play like this at home is somewhat baffling, especially when we need the three points so desperately. By playing a one man front line you immediately limit your attacking options, as well as giving the oppositions defence a lot less to worry about, it puts too much of a burden on the lone striker. And lets face it we don't exactly pepper the oppositions goal from midfield to compensate either.

Weve got to be more adventurous and add more adaptability throughout, predictability is so easily overcome by any side that has the ability to change.

dbox22420
01-02-2012, 16:57
. It is high time we give a chance to De Vries.

My god!!

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 17:00
I think it boils down to not having good enough players .We have possibly 7 players in our whole squad good enough for the prem IMO

Poztin
01-02-2012, 17:04
We are over reliant on wing play, but it was the same in the Dave Jones era.

A slotted ball through the middle is a rare thing at Wolves and always has been, even before McCarthy.

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 17:06
Playing to a rigid plan is great, where all the players know their job and train for that tactical plan........that's if it's successful, like Pulis' Potties maybe or George Graham's Arsenal.

Mick's Wolves team play to a plan, but unfortunately it's too easy to nulify and once it is they are easy to beat. Mick doesn't seem to have realised this.

There are some very bright people managing clubs in the Greed League ( in a footballing sense! ), they constantly observe the other clubs and change their tactics to suit the way the opposition play.

richiej95
01-02-2012, 17:06

Fletcher with all due respect, is good when we play 4-4-2, Doyle would always remain a better option when we play 4-5-1, as he can hold the ball better than Fletcher.

Besides we have Hennessey he makes hundreds of saves, but then gives away 3 goals. In my opinion he had a 50/50 fault in the first goal, the other 50 shared by Ward. He was totally at fault for the second one, and share a good percentage on the third for he should have firstly covered the post from that angle. It is high time we give a chance to De Vries.

Surely Eggert Jonsson has to be blamed more than anyone for that goal for letting his man in behind and not getting a foot in or doing anything when the cross came in, just letting Carroll tap in. How Hennessey can get any blame at all for that first is beyond me!

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:09

I'm sorry but I'll take Fletcher over Doyle in whatever formation we put out. As for De Vries if gets in our goal we may as well book our tickets to the Championship now. Swansea let him go without a fight. Hmmmm I wonder why that was?

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 17:10
We are over reliant on wing play, but it was the same in the Dave Jones era.

A slotted ball through the middle is a rare thing at Wolves and always has been, even before McCarthy.

This

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 17:11
Although Frimpong did try a through ball down the middle last night. I nearly fell out my seat in shock

Taffywolf
01-02-2012, 17:13
Although Frimpong did try a through ball down the middle last night. I nearly fell out my seat in shock

Don't worry that'll be coached out of him whilst he's at Wolves.

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 17:51
Plan B is hoping three teams are worse than us. Or was that Plan A?

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:52
Plan B is hoping three teams are worse than us. Or was that Plan A?

Plan A - The Strategy

Papper
01-02-2012, 18:02
We do not play with wingers they are wide players who sit too deep. We play with two central midfielder who also sit deep. Notice the difference between the Frimpong who played Villa and the one last night ? We always look for Jarvis or Kightly and to interchange with the full backs and are slow and predictable and hardly ever catch teams on the break or stretch them. We play a game of attrition in the middle of the park and there is no great variation in our play because we struggle to pass the ball quickly or directly with any nous or guile. The first half against Villa is as good as it gets but sods law says that will happen every so often.Somebody analyse and present on Mol Mix how we score our goals ?

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 18:32
Wing play or hoof ball. Hardly anything through the middle. I said this the other week - the last time when a Wolves player scored from a through ball, or outside of the area? Stale all over the place.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 18:36
There is no plan b under McCarthy! In fact I cant even see a plan at the moment!

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 18:42
the last time when a Wolves player scored from a through ball

We probably have done it more recently but Milijas to Jarvis against Tranmere in one of the cups a few years back

Jungleee
01-02-2012, 18:44
Did Doyle not score from a through ball against West Ham away?

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 18:44
Did Doyle not score from a through ball against West Ham away?

That long ago? Just about sums it up!

Adrian_Monk
01-02-2012, 18:48
The only one that immediately springs to mind is Frankowski vs Watford....

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 19:17
Think it turned out to be Fletcher v WBA last spring, although that was purely down to a calamitous defensive mistake, it wasn't exactly an inch perfect through ball.

Monkey Man
01-02-2012, 19:19
Our Plan B has always been the same, HOOF. Plan A is pass to wings and cross, the problem is that our wingers can rarely beat the first man.

Our problems are crystal clear to most people.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 19:46
The fact people are struggling to think of one proves my point.

No way does the Fletcher goal against the $$$$ count!

Ponty
01-02-2012, 19:49
We do not play with wingers they are wide players who sit too deep.

Jarvis, Kightly and Hammill are all wingers who do not sit deep. They all have a tendency to concentrate on the attacking part of their game. The 1st goal last night summed it up - Liverpool break, Berra covers well but despite not taking a particularly quick throw Liverpool still managed to create a simple 2 on 1 because Kightly was ambling back. Result - Adam had all the time in the world to play a pin-point cross.

I think we often do well against the odds - Arsenal and Spurs away for instance - because the wide men know they've cannot neglect their defensive duties.

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 19:49
The fact people are struggling to think of one proves my point.

No way does the Fletcher goal against the $$$$ count!

Correct, that was a *get rid quick* punt by Foley and a $$$$ up by Meite.