PDA

View Full Version : terry clipboard connor

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:21
how has terry connor stayed at wolves for so long ?? he's mick's number 2 so will do alot of the coaching in training , i used to go to alot of training sessions for research purposes BUT was never inspired by watching him doing the coaching/training , were generally poor all over the park , think its time terry connor went and we got another coach in , maybe ray wilkins ??

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:23
how has terry connor stayed at wolves for so long ?? he's mick's number 2 so will do alot of the coaching in training , i used to go to alot of training sessions for research purposes BUT was never inspired by watching him doing the coaching/training , were generally poor all over the park , think its time terry connor went and we got another coach in , maybe ray wilkins ??

Might have the same agent as McCarthy because both seem charmed.

liquidatorwolf
01-02-2012, 15:26
Bully have you been to other teams training sessions to compare mate? I don't think that's a fair shout.

churchdowner
01-02-2012, 15:27

I've been saying the same for years. Get Butch in and we may have a chance of turning things around. Its ashame we can't email Morgan with our views.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:27
I dont know how hes been here so long but from what I have seen on the pitch this season God knows how he is still in a job!

saturday boy
01-02-2012, 15:29
And what has happened with Zele.

Groundhog Day.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:30
Bully have you been to other training sessions to compaer mate? I don't think that's a fair shout.

personally no , but i was with a bloke who has been to quite a few training sessions of other clubs and he wasnt impressed either .

if you look at players of other clubs they shoot from outside the box and 90% of the time hit the target,they have a very good 1st touch and are quick on the ball

all of the above were poor at and the coach is terry connor , now tell me its not a fair shout

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 15:30
Don't forget Pat Mountain... I wonder if Hennessey ever wakes up and thinks to himself...I'm gonna learn a lot today off this ex-Newport, Barry town and Gloucester City Keeper.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:32
Don't forget Pat Mountain... I wonder if Hennessey ever wakes up and thinks to himself...I'm gonna learn a lot today off this ex-Newport, Barry town and Gloucester City Keeper.

Hennessey must be inspired by him!:rolleyes:

Bostin
01-02-2012, 15:34

Worst thing we ever did was get rid of Bobby Mimms. Done well to get Robinson back into form at Blackburn.

I can't even talk about TC, it winds me up.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

sorry but wayne hennessey is having a great season and has come on leaps and bounds under mountain , just because he played for a few non league clubs dont mean he's not a good coach

Mutchy

Hennessey must be inspired by him!:rolleyes:

Hennessey has undoubtedly improved. You don't have to have played at top level in order to be a good coach or manager.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:35
I am not in the get rid stable however we really do need to add some really good coaches.
This is one area that does not cost millions and millions and could really make a difference this year to our chance of survival
We need a really good defensive coach and some one to add fresh ideas to our playing staff
I would keep Mick because he gets the best out of the players but we are desperate for new ideas

SuperTigerWolf
01-02-2012, 15:38

Same as Ronaldo, Kaka etc are probably thinking "I'm gonna learn a lot off this translator bloke......."

SuperTigerWolf
01-02-2012, 15:38
all of the above were poor at and the coach is terry connor , now tell me its not a fair shout

what?????

Wonder Boyo
01-02-2012, 15:39
All I can go on is my very limited window into the work of Terry Connor. A few years back I watched the reserves play up in Sunderland, led by Terry Connor. He was brilliant before the game with the young lads and throughout the game shouted advice and help that really seemed to inspire confidence and demonstrate some tactical nous. The players really liked him and respected him. In the second half I sat in the stand next to Kevin Ball, Sunderland's ex-captain who was then a coach at Sunderland but now heading up their academy. He told me that Connor was an outstanding coach, one of the best in the country and that he'd love him up at Sunderland if he'd be prepared to leave. Apart from that I know nothing of him. However, he's a ex-professional and a long-standing coach - all of those with absolutely no management, coaching or playing experience that insist on calling him 'clipboard' need to show some respect.

bod101
01-02-2012, 15:40
has anyone ever thought connor has kept his job because he does exactly as is asked of him by the management? which i would have thought if you are a manger is exactly what you would want.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:41
what?????

from one of my earlier posts in this thread

if you look at players of other clubs they shoot from outside the box and 90% of the time hit the target,they have a very good 1st touch and are quick on the ball

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:45
All I can go on is my very limited window into the work of Terry Connor. A few years back I watched the reserves play up in Sunderland, led by Terry Connor. He was brilliant before the game with the young lads and throughout the game shouted advice and help that really seemed to inspire confidence and demonstrate some tactical nous. The players really liked him and respected him. In the second half I sat in the stand next to Kevin Ball, Sunderland's ex-captain who was then a coach at Sunderland but now heading up their academy. He told me that Connor was an outstanding coach, one of the best in the country and that he'd love him up at Sunderland if he'd be prepared to leave. Apart from that I know nothing of him. However, he's a ex-professional and a long-standing coach - all of those with absolutely no management, coaching or playing experience that insist on calling him 'clipboard' need to show some respect.

Couldn't agree more.

Just smacks of ignorance and disrespect from the uneducated and fickle section of our supporters, which unfortunately seems to get larger by the day.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 15:47

as a bloke who ran a football team on a much smaller scale for 5 yrs i know all about tactics etc , people call terry connor ''clipboard'' because its like a scene out of the movie the water boy , when wolves are about to make a sub he and mccarthy stand next to the touchline holding a red clipboard , when subs are made it takes 10 mins to consult the said clipboard, no sub is made without consulting it , nothing is done between him and mccarthy on the spur of the moment hence the expression clipboard connor , as for respect well thats a different matter

SuperTigerWolf
01-02-2012, 15:55
as a bloke who ran a football team on a much smaller scale for 5 yrs i know all about tactics etc

Keep going kidder, youre winning!

GY Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:58
What is so bad about having a clipboard??

Gold Umbro
01-02-2012, 15:58

Well said sir.

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 15:59
Sir Alex ferguson freshens up his number twos :) every few seasons . Keeps things fresh and different ideas. Not down the mol. Think terry connor must have some secret photos of moxey in a thong or some hold over him.

HowfenWolf
01-02-2012, 15:59
We need a complete overhaul of the lot. Most of the dinosaurs have gone. We have technology like IPADS & headsets available (& statistics) - why persist with pen & paper?

derbyrameater
01-02-2012, 16:05
has anyone ever thought connor has kept his job because he does exactly as is asked of him by the management? which i would have thought if you are a manger is exactly what you would want.

Where does the buck stop, the manager, the CEO or the owner?

PS I`m sure I`ve seen other coaches use a clipboard so not a reason to have a pop by anyone IMO.

Ulver
01-02-2012, 16:07
We need a complete overhaul of the lot. Most of the dinosaurs have gone. We have technology like IPADS & headsets available (& statistics) - why persist with pen & paper?

Oh the fundamentals of coaching :rolleyes:

kidder_wolf_II
01-02-2012, 16:08

Am I? :D

Sharples
01-02-2012, 16:10

:embarassed: :D

Sharples
01-02-2012, 16:11
as a bloke who ran a football team on a much smaller scale for 5 yrs i know all about tactics etc ,

You're lucky Im on thin ice with The Mutch!!

:D

Wonder Boyo
01-02-2012, 16:11

You've been watching that new iPad advert with the football coach on haven't you?!

While we're at it we can get McCarthy and Connor in a matching set of headphones and microphones ala Sammy Lee - it worked for him.

bod101
01-02-2012, 16:18
Where does the buck stop, the manager, the CEO or the owner?

PS I`m sure I`ve seen other coaches use a clipboard so not a reason to have a pop by anyone IMO.

regarding the team, the way we play etc. is the managers domain.

OldWolvesfart
01-02-2012, 16:21
What is being said here and has been discussed on a number of other threads is that there appears to be a problem with our tactics and therefore probably our training. We seem incapable or unwilling to adapt or change tactics within a game when our style of play is not having the desired effect.

As was mentioned elsewhere Liverpool changed their game plan in the 2nd half with some success but we seemed unable or unprepared to change ours with any success.

I'm not pointing the finger at Mick or Terry Connor or other members of the management team or at individual players for under performing but there has to be an answers to what is appearing obvious to many if we want to have any chance of staying up.

MK Panther
01-02-2012, 16:25
Sorry Clipboard is staying as Clipboard in my book. I do not care if he is the best coach in La Liga, The Premiership and the Bundesliga, whatever he is doing does not transalate onto the pitch one iota or it is I have no idea. Clive Sinclair was a brilliant inventor and what happened to him and his inventions. The stats speak for themselves it does not put these two men in a good light. When we had "shock and awe" it worked until injuries too their toll, now every team out there are out muscling, out playing and outskilling the lads and we have no answer, when someone can come up with a great reason why he should have my undying respect, then Clippy will earn my eternal respect, until then he should go!!

cooper_J
01-02-2012, 16:31
Playing devils advocate here:

What about all the players we have signed from a 'lower' level who are now plying their trade in a higher standard of English football? Has the coaching not helped them to improve?

Would Foley, Kightly, Jarvis, Ward and Edwards have made it without coaching?

MK Panther
01-02-2012, 16:36

What about all the players we have signed from a 'lower' level who are now plying their trade in a higher standard of English football? Has the coaching not helped them to improve?

Reverse devils Advocate:
From what I recall we are one from bottom of the league our perennial position for most of our Premier League lives. They will walk into other Premiership teams or would they?

Poztin
01-02-2012, 16:45
as a bloke who ran a football team on a much smaller scale for 5 yrs i know all about tactics etc

You must be well familiar with the Diablo formation then I assume?

Citizen Erased
01-02-2012, 16:48

Were you even allowed to kick the ball over head height in the goals 7-a-side league? You just can't compare the two.

If you managed an 11-a-side team for 5 years I hold my hands up to my ignorance.

Oldgold Wolfcub
01-02-2012, 16:52
Yes i know according to some of you if we oppose your views we are the lowest of the low so for a change I will go along with you. We have the best manager in the league and the best coach.
So what's the reason then we are poor on the pitch and second from bottom?

cooper_J
01-02-2012, 16:53
Reverse devils Advocate:
From what I recall we are one from bottom of the league our perennial position for most of our Premier League lives. They will walk into other Premiership teams or would they?

I was purposely careful with my phrasing there - higher standard not top division.

But I get your point, I think it's a fair comment. There would be questions marks on all bar Ward, who I think would get a game for most teams in the bottom half.

Oldgold Wolfcub
01-02-2012, 16:57

Yes maybe. Many can coach themselves especially by being in the league we are in and having to play at a standard is a way of being coached.
However to reach that next stage a good coach can help a player to get more out of himself. With a top class coach I think each of those players could be far more effective.

Jalwolf
01-02-2012, 17:18
I don't understand why Connor gets so much abuse by the fans. He's a very good coach and clearly knows the club like the back of his hand. Give the guy some respect. If he wasn't up to the standard he would have gone ages ago. There's much bigger problems at this football club than our assistant manager.

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 17:30
He's called "Clipboard" because he uses one and his name is Connor, so it's Clipboard Connor which easily slips off the tongue..............simples!
Just like Mad Mick is called that, because his name is Mick and.... er....he's mad........also simples!

If Connor is such a great coach, how come the players consistantly play without the ability to trap and pass the ball and move into space?
Perhaps he's being stifled by Mick and should be given until the end of the season to manage the club, and prove once and for all that he's not just the yes man he appears to be!

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 17:57
Were you even allowed to kick the ball over head height in the goals 7-a-side league? You just can't compare the two.

If you managed an 11-a-side team for 5 years I hold my hands up to my ignorance.

7 a side or 11 a side its still running a football team

and yes the over head height and headers were and are allowed

whats that got to do with anything ??

has everything i post have to come with an insult towards me ??

YAWN

Westport Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:26

Spot on Mate. People's obsession with removing Terry Connor is due to their desire to lay the blame somewhere when things go wrong. What praise did he have when things were going right? I've heard before that he's a well respected coach amongst all clubs.

The Ray Wilkins suggestion is an interesting one though. I made a similar suggestion on a post a week or two ago. Only half an hour ago, before coming on here I stated on a Facebook forum that I felt Mick should be moved up stairs and made Director of football, with Ray Wilkins as 1st team coach and Terry Connor as his assistant.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 18:28
Spot on Mate. People's obsession with removing Terry Connor is due to their desire to lay the blame somewhere when things go wrong. What praise did he have when things were going right? I've heard before that he's a well respected coach amongst all clubs.

+1 i've also heard from a number of sources that he's well respected in the game

Citizen Erased
01-02-2012, 18:35

has everything i post have to come with an insult towards me ??

YAWN

Wasn't having a dig then just think it is ridiculous that you are comparing your 7's tactics to Mick's Premier League tactics.

Maybe I'm wrong, and you, with your infinite seven-a-side football wisdom, could replace Terry Connor...could even save some wonga, especially if you could squeeze into his tracksuit what with you having the same initials n'all, Eh Tommy Chops?

PeteWolf
01-02-2012, 18:37

Just so tempted, so tempted!!! Oh god.

Wonder Boyo
01-02-2012, 18:42
I wish TC would move with the new technology a bit as suggested above. If he got himself a bit of Apple tech, every time he got up to sort out a substitution we could all shout "booo sit down iPad, you're useless." I like the idea of an organic nickname that changes with the times.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 18:42
If Connor is so good and so well respected in the game why are we such a poor footballing side who cant even seem to get the basics right?

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 18:43
Wasn't having a dig then just think it is ridiculous that you are comparing your 7's tactics to Mick's Premier League tactics.

Maybe I'm wrong, and you, with your infinite seven-a-side football wisdom, could replace Terry Connor...could even save some wonga, especially if you could squeeze into his tracksuit what with you having the same initials n'all, Eh Tommy Chops?

i wasnt comparing my old 7 a side team to a premier league outfit and your a fine one to take the $$$$ aint you son , hardly a slim jim and hardly on the gifted and talented list ay crip ;)

Akaman
01-02-2012, 18:47
Worst thing we ever did was get rid of Bobby Mimms. Done well to get Robinson back into form at Blackburn.

I can't even talk about TC, it winds me up.

Not strictly true is it? I'm pretty sure Blackburn approached him and being an ex Blackburn keeper for a very long time it was going to be nigh on impossible to keep him.

which is also my take on it.

wolvesandbooze
01-02-2012, 19:07
If Connor is so good and so well respected in the game why are we such a poor footballing side who cant even seem to get the basics right?
This all day long.

loopy lupine
01-02-2012, 20:05
i wasnt comparing my old 7 a side team to a premier league outfit

No but you were intimating you knew about premier league professional football and the tactics involved.

I ran a U8's 11 a side team for a few seasons does that make me more qualified than you because we had more players in the side and played on the same size pitches?

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 20:21
Either Clipboard is a great and well respected coach, who is being held back by Mad Mick' s policies, or he's actually carp.

Now I don't think that anyone knows the truth, despite the claims of his fan club, so how will we ever find out?

HowfenWolf
01-02-2012, 20:44
You've been watching that new iPad advert with the football coach on haven't you?!

While we're at it we can get McCarthy and Connor in a matching set of headphones and microphones ala Sammy Lee - it worked for him.

Responses:
1. No I Haven't
2. The IPAD would be useful to pull up stats as to where the other team are killing us, and who hasn't been pulling their weight (johnson for example). Instant tactics rather than waiting for a minute or two until TC draws a picture of the formation shape, so that Mick understands what he's telling him.
3. The headsets were mentioned with regard to privacy, because both Mick & TC are quite vocal when discussing tactics before our players even get on the pitch
4. Sammy Lee - Porky Pig in Lycra (not a pretty sight)

WonderWolf
01-02-2012, 20:59
Stop trying to blame TC.

Number '1' dictates what number '2' does......'2' is not in the main responsible for tactics and player purchases. '2' is also not responsible for defensive $$$$-ups...

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 21:17
No but you were intimating you knew about premier league professional football and the tactics involved.

I ran a U8's 11 a side team for a few seasons does that make me more qualified than you because we had more players in the side and played on the same size pitches?

no and i take my hat off to you for running a kids team

Ogerp
01-02-2012, 21:34

I'm not.

Who can ever forget Glenn Waddle coaching Mel Eves :D

she wolf
01-02-2012, 21:36
+1 i've also heard from a number of sources that he's well respected in the game
Perhaps it something as simple as "moving with the times" we still play an old fashioned game like we were still in the 80's/90's while other teams seem to be trying to using more upto date styles of play with a little bit more creativity, I'm sure TC and MM must both be good coaches but they need to step out side their "stubborn comfort zone" style of play and try a little 2012 football ,"putting a good shift in" just ain't enough for the modern game.

Still Proud
01-02-2012, 21:41
For those old enough to remember the 70's TV show "Play Soccer Jack Charlton's Way" I can't shift this vision of Mick coaching sessions being exactly the same as Wor Jackie's back in the day

Space Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:54
I felt Mick should be moved up stairs and made Director of football

:eek: Would you really want him overseeing youth development etc with his philosophy of effort and workrate above all else?

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 21:55

YAWN

Brilliant, this has made me howl!!!

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 22:01
Brilliant, this has made me howl!!!

good for you ;)

derbyrameater
01-02-2012, 22:09
Perhaps he just need some help, is he the only non goalkeeping coach?

Oldgold Wolfcub
01-02-2012, 22:20
That's a little bit hard for the love in brigade to understand. Is it possible to make it a little simpler.

Oldgold Wolfcub
01-02-2012, 22:24
Either Clipboard is a great and well respected coach, who is being held back by Mad Mick' s policies, or he's actually carp.

Now I don't think that anyone knows the truth, despite the claims of his fan club, so how will we ever find out?
If Connor is responsible for the training then no matter how bad Mick's tactics might be the players would still be able to perform better than they are.

Quirkafleeg
01-02-2012, 22:51

Just so tempted, so tempted!!! Oh god.

At least Mick McCarthy won a league.......;-)

goldeneyed
01-02-2012, 22:53
McCarthy and Connor are a team. The mess on the pitch has to be a reflection of their ability as coaches, man managers and tacticians. The team seem to play with no discernible consistent pattern. They are unable to retain possession for more than a few seconds. A few passes are exchanged within our half and the legendary HOOF in the very general direction of a Wolves striker surrounded by opposing defenders.

Swansea and Norwich have shown these two up big time this season. There can be no excuses. Both may be 'admired' in the game but I see very little evidence on the field to justify this. It is not just the appalling results but the dreadful performances. In particular also the way key players like Doyle and Johnson have faded so badly. Apart from Ward noone has shown any real improvement this season with the possible exception of Hennessey who has had plenty of practice behind a faltering defence in front of him.

Connor is no doubt a nice guy and dedicated to the cause. But when players cannot pass accurately, have poor ball control, seem confused on the game plan etc the buck has to stop with the coach and manager. The fact is they have run out of ideas and should be 'rested' permanently. I want to see a team that is more positive, takes far more pots at goal and which plays without fear. It should be a team where flair and spontaneity are encouraged not squashed at birth, particularly in the centre of midfield.

The facts are there on display every week on the pitch. If Connor was so great a coach these 'unacceptable ' performances would not be taking place. But they are and again and again the players don't seem to have a plan B to turn to when things aren't working out. Also tellingly the same mistakes get made again and again, particularly when it comes to tracking players closely when they are attacking from centre midfield.

Overall poor management and poor coaching. Simple.

It's Mixu Paatelainen
02-02-2012, 01:12
Now I don't think that anyone knows the truth

This thread in a nutshell. Absolutely no-one is qualified to comment on what Terry Connor does, in either a positive or a negative way. We may as well be here talking about Higgs-Boson.

Timberwolf
02-02-2012, 02:59
I used to be in the 'Clipboard Out' camp. However, i was speaking to a friend of mine who is currently doing his UEFA coaching something or other. Anyway, apparently Connor is very highly respected amongst his peers. So now I'm thinking it's the set-up of the club. Does he do too much, spread too thin, needs support from other coaches?
It does seem ridiculous that professional footballers can't control a football or pass it 10 yards. But that shouldn't be the job of a Premier League coach to teach that. That's the fault of the players that the basic skills are being ignored. Beckham used to practice free-kicks every day for 3 hours after training because he had commitment. He didn't have a coach with him.
I'm not a professional footballer but I know how to play. I know how to pass, control and shoot as do our players. If they can't show the commitment to improve every aspect of their game personally, there's $$$$-all Terry Connor can do about it.

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 07:49

An informed opinion about him, which is interesting, rather than the guesswork generally prevailing on here. All I shall say is that like the majority of managers, coaches perhaps have a shelf life and maybe he has reached that at Wolves.

Papper
02-02-2012, 08:01
I couldn't care less how Mick and Connor are received and what great blokes they are. I want to see a telling improvement on the pitch that isn't reliant on huff puff and tried and tested patterns. The whole thing is predictable and stale.

Sharples
02-02-2012, 08:06

no and i take my hat off to you for running a kids team

I run two kids teams too and I once met Ian Holloway so think how knowledgable I am!!! Im a super $$$$ing Premier League genius!!! :rolleyes: :stupido3:

saturday boy
02-02-2012, 08:10
I play manager mode on FIFA, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Citizen Erased
02-02-2012, 09:31
I once won a game of Draughts against someone twice my age.

I think as a tactician that ought to put me on par with Alex Ferguson.

kizza
02-02-2012, 09:38
I'm pretty awesome on Angry Birds.

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 09:41
McCarthy and Connor are a team. The mess on the pitch has to be a reflection of their ability as coaches, man managers and tacticians. The team seem to play with no discernible consistent pattern. They are unable to retain possession for more than a few seconds. A few passes are exchanged within our half and the legendary HOOF in the very general direction of a Wolves striker surrounded by opposing defenders.

Swansea and Norwich have shown these two up big time this season. There can be no excuses. Both may be 'admired' in the game but I see very little evidence on the field to justify this. It is not just the appalling results but the dreadful performances. In particular also the way key players like Doyle and Johnson have faded so badly. Apart from Ward noone has shown any real improvement this season with the possible exception of Hennessey who has had plenty of practice behind a faltering defence in front of him.

Connor is no doubt a nice guy and dedicated to the cause. But when players cannot pass accurately, have poor ball control, seem confused on the game plan etc the buck has to stop with the coach and manager. The fact is they have run out of ideas and should be 'rested' permanently. I want to see a team that is more positive, takes far more pots at goal and which plays without fear. It should be a team where flair and spontaneity are encouraged not squashed at birth, particularly in the centre of midfield.

The facts are there on display every week on the pitch. If Connor was so great a coach these 'unacceptable ' performances would not be taking place. But they are and again and again the players don't seem to have a plan B to turn to when things aren't working out. Also tellingly the same mistakes get made again and again, particularly when it comes to tracking players closely when they are attacking from centre midfield.

Overall poor management and poor coaching. Simple.

I think that the following have improved

Hennessey
Ward
Berra
Kites
Jarvis
Fletcher
Doherty
Forde

KiwiWolf
02-02-2012, 10:14
http://tinyurl.com/7r4mbu7

Terry Connor has indeed been with us for a very long time. Watch this clip, at 48 seconds you can see a shadowy character (definitely carrying a clipboard under his coat) emerge from the dressing room and hiding his face from the camera! What more proof do you need? :D

Citizen Erased
02-02-2012, 10:20

I'd argue that a 5 minute session of Angry Birds relates more to Premier League tactics than 5 years of 7-a-side football management ever could.

FLEET WOLF
02-02-2012, 10:28
http://tinyurl.com/7r4mbu7

Terry Connor has indeed been with us for a very long time. Watch this clip, at 48 seconds you can see a shadowy character (definitely carrying a clipboard under his coat) emerge from the dressing room and hiding his face from the camera! What more proof do you need? :D

Thought I spotted Jody Craddock on the pitch as well!

loopy lupine
02-02-2012, 10:28

One of my friends was briefly ranked number one in the world on the high scores, does that make him Mourinho??

Gamblingwolf
02-02-2012, 11:33
But I get your point, I think it's a fair comment. There would be questions marks on all bar Ward, who I think would get a game for most teams in the bottom half.[/QUOTE]

Without doubt Ward has improved but watching our recent conceding of goals and because he is pushing forward so much he is way out of position when it comes back quickly at us. The villa penalty was a $$$$ up between Jarvo and Berra and Carroll was being marked by Johnsson were both in left back positions with Ward nowhere near. I know players are supposed to cover each other but his priority,especially in our circumstances and with our constant leaking of goals should be defending and both of these goals were the first of the game so not when we were chasing things late on.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
02-02-2012, 14:17
I run two kids teams too and I once met Ian Holloway so think how knowledgable I am!!! Im a super $$$$ing Premier League genius!!! :rolleyes: :stupido3:

2 kids teams ? Fair play

Timberwolf
02-02-2012, 14:32
I once had a game of Subbuteo...Jules Rimet Trophy Edition!!!
When Berra and Johnson are out of position I could just give them both a nudge! Easy peasy!!!

Citizen Erased
02-02-2012, 16:18
I once had a game of Subbuteo...Jules Rimet Trophy Edition!!!
When Berra and Johnson are out of position I could just give them both a nudge! Easy peasy!!!

Bit of a risky tactic that, Berra would probably try to wrestle your finger and Johnson would mouth off at it.

wolf97
02-02-2012, 16:31
I am god on Football Manager.

CodsallWolf
02-02-2012, 16:59
Sorry Clipboard is staying as Clipboard in my book. I do not care if he is the best coach in La Liga, The Premiership and the Bundesliga, whatever he is doing does not transalate onto the pitch one iota or it is I have no idea. Clive Sinclair was a brilliant inventor and what happened to him and his inventions. The stats speak for themselves it does not put these two men in a good light. When we had "shock and awe" it worked until injuries too their toll, now every team out there are out muscling, out playing and outskilling the lads and we have no answer, when someone can come up with a great reason why he should have my undying respect, then Clippy will earn my eternal respect, until then he should go!!

I don't follow the comparison but for what it's worth he's a self-made millionaire who, at 69 years of age, married a 30 something year old lap dancer last year. Not bad really. As for his inventions, he invented the the first affordable home computer and transformed the concept of home computing. Pretty impressive all round really.

Hatch End
02-02-2012, 19:05
Yes Codsall, but poor old Sinclair also invented the C5, probably the worst vehicle ever designed to travel on a public road!

Quite similar to Mad Mick, who has designed the most unsuitable, tactically inept, Premiership teams of the modern era!

liquidatorwolf
26-02-2012, 09:47
Well?

Bjorn Star
26-02-2012, 10:54
Stop being so smug and bringing up old threads - hindsight is a great thing, isn't it? Also, great start for TC but you might want to wait for the end of the season before you start laughing at topics like these.

Monkey Man
26-02-2012, 10:58
Stop being so smug and bringing up old threads - hindsight is a great thing, isn't it? Also, great start for TC but you might want to wait for the end of the season before you start laughing at topics like these.

Bang on. we shall at the end of the season.

liquidatorwolf
26-02-2012, 11:31

I think making presumptions is a lot worse than using the benefit of hindsight. Some things said on threads ie the team selection before yesterday's match just isn't worth it.