PDA

View Full Version : We could win any of our remaining fixtures (positive thread).

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:12
The odds are obviously $$$$ing astronomical on winning all of them and I am going to get called a maniac who needs sending to a mental asylum no doubt about it but I am prepared to put my neck on the line and say this 'cause there's still a bit of fight and passion left in me yet ladies and gentlemen!

We only have 3 games left against the top 6, all of which are at home! Two of them against Manchester United and City (we beat both of them last season at home, it will be $$$$ing hard but we could do it again!!!) and the other one is against Arsenal who are quite frankly average at best and it's about time we took 3 points off 'em!

The rest of our fixtures are as follows:

QPR (away)
Albion (home)
Fulham (away)
Newcastle (away)
Blackburn (home)
Norwich (away)
Bolton (home)
Stoke (away)
Sunderland (away)
Swansea (away)
Everton (home)
Wigan (away)

You telling me that we couldn't beat all of them on our day? We could win any of these games if we want it, all 12 of them are perfectly winnable. Atleast 36 points up for grabs there, perfectly doable.

Now is the time to get behind the lads, now is the time to stand up and be counted, now is the time we show the club and the team we have the faith in them, if we can translate this passion and emotion and feel good factor onto the pitch the players will perform. This is the time to keep your teeth gritted, when Henry misplaces a pass, when Jarvis puts in a $$$$e cross, when Hennessey makes a $$$$ up, when Berra pulls someones $$$$ing shirt, let's just grit our teeth and keep on singing and keep the $$$$ing faith "WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED" I want to hear loud and proud for the next 15 matches, I will be trying to get it going even if I'm on my $$$$ing own, come on lads let's get behind 'em!

Now is the time for a clean slate, Morgan, Mick and Moxey have $$$$ed all of us off time and time again this season, the players have let us down at times and we the fans have let them down but from now we need to be united and going forward as one! We can survive again, if we want it enough. Morgan won't sack Mick, so we're gonna have to stick with him even if we don't want him and then re-access the situation at the end of the season. The time has come to stick together.

WE ARE WOLVES AND WE AY GOING DOWN. COME ON ME BABBIES LET'S $$$$ING SHOW 'EM!

greco wolf
01-02-2012, 16:15
+1

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 16:17
There you go McCarthy - pin this up on the dressing room cos Sandwell Wolf has done your team motivational job for you

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:21
SW, positivity is great but you need to look at current form and peformances whilst not forgetting the teams inability to keep clean sheets.

As it is Wolves would do well to win 3 of the games you list let alone all of them.

IrchyWolf
01-02-2012, 16:28
Best post of the day SW. As you say, hopelessly optimistic but still there are points there which are easily plunderable. It's definitely against the current trend but a lot of testosterone has been needlessly expended on the club today. I'm buying into the dream/delusion.*

*Delete according to taste...

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 16:28
Men in white coats urgently required in Sandwell!

Apocalypse Now
01-02-2012, 16:37
Why have you omitted two fixtures whom we beat last season, United and Citeh at home, and Arsenal are hardly invincible.

There you go, another nine points to go for.

The Guvnor
01-02-2012, 16:38
I think it may be our away form that could save us.

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 16:42
Christ, I wish I could feel like SW does, I really do.

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:42
Why have you omitted two fixtures whom we beat last season, United and Citeh at home, and Arsenal are hardly invincible.

There you go, another nine points to go for.

Mentioned them in the above paragraph as tough fixtures but not impossible. The rest of all winnable!

Burton Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:44
Mentioned them in the above paragraph as tough fixtures but not impossible. The rest of all winnable!

Basically he couldn't be bothered to read your post properly.

chasman62
01-02-2012, 16:44
Only one question. Why does someone of such an optimistic tone have one of the most miserable and pessimistic human beings of the last couple of generations as their avatar.

Other than that...wonderful stirring stuff...complete $$$$$$$$ of course...just like when the officers told the lads that all the Germans were already dead right before they went over the top.

Anyone think 30-31 points will be enough to survive because thats about the maximum number I can dredge up from that fixture list barring a miraculous turnaround.

Paul76
01-02-2012, 16:45
We could quite easily win enough games too stay up, you're correct. We probably have enough in the team now that we've got Bassong, Frimpong, JOH and Kightly back.

The only problem being, we've not got the belief, mentality or confidence to do so. Added to the fact, we can't defend for toffee, then It's highly unlikely.

But, we do have Bassong now, he could make a massive difference with the return of JOH. The QPR game is massive. If just somehow, we could actually defend for the 90 minutes, we could win there. Then we'll be heading into the Albion game with a much better mindset.

It's not over yet, but it's getting to the point of no return. If Bolton win tonight, and they're more than capable judging by recent form, then we're staring down the barrel.

BlakemoreWolf
01-02-2012, 16:50
Definitely, if we play like we did against Villa first half we can compete with any team in Prem, i cannot wait to see what Bassong can do for us, will he save us?

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:52
Only one question. Why does someone of such an optimistic tone have one of the most miserable and pessimistic human beings of the last couple of generations as their avatar.

He's actually quite witty, sarcastic, charming and pleasant when he wishes to be, although he does have that dark side to him - bit like myself!

It's good to have a balance I guess! I'm quite pessimistic with most things in life, but my love for Wolves and faith in them will never be anything but optimistic.

Apocalypse Now
01-02-2012, 16:54
Basically he couldn't be bothered to read your post properly.

No, I couldn't see why they were not classed as winnable when they definitely are.

wolvesandbooze
01-02-2012, 16:55
I used to live in Sandwell (Blackheath) still making the beer to strong there I see. Joking aside I have to agree with Essex, your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air. If you would have gave me them fixtures after the Villa away game I would have had faith...BUT it's current form that counts and we aint getting any better. As a bloke I love Mcarthy but he will never be able to move us forward. Lets assume we do survive, please let that be so, what then. IMO we have players that are capable of getting us to midtable, but I just get the impression they are being taken out of their comfort zone with Micks tactics, they're better technically than Mick is able to coach.

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 16:58
No, I couldn't see why they were not classed as winnable when they definitely are.

We only have 3 games left against the top 6, all of which are at home! Two of them against Manchester United and City (we beat both of them last season at home, it will be $$$$ing hard but we could do it again!!!)

Please read the bold

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:58
I used to live in Sandwell (Blackheath) still making the beer to strong there I see. Joking aside I have to agree with Essex, your enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air. If you would have gave me them fixtures after the Villa away game I would have had faith...BUT it's current form that counts and we aint getting any better. As a bloke I love Mcarthy but he will never be able to move us forward. Lets assume we do survive, please let that be so, what then. IMO we have players that are capable of getting us to midtable, but I just get the impression they are being taken out of their comfort zone with Micks tactics, they're better technically than Mick is able to coach.

I find it quite staggering that you suggest many of our players are capable of taking us to midtable and that they are better technically than Mick is able to coach.

Ward, Foley, Jarvis, Kightly, Henry, Berra and so forth were all signed from poor teams and under McCarthy have gone on to become decent Premier League players. How can you say that Mick's tactics have hampered them when without Mick they wouldn't even be where they are now?

We signed most of them from League One/Two, the Scottish Premier League and in Kightly's case even Grays Athletic in the Conference!

wolvesandbooze
01-02-2012, 17:10
I find it quite staggering that you suggest many of our players are capable of taking us to midtable and that they are better technically than Mick is able to coach.

Ward, Foley, Jarvis, Kightly, Henry, Berra and so forth were all signed from poor teams and under McCarthy have gone on to become decent Premier League players. How can you say that Mick's tactics have hampered them when without Mick they wouldn't even be where they are now?

We signed most of them from League One/Two, the Scottish Premier League and in Kightly's case even Grays Athletic in the Conference!
Ward was bought as a striker. All Berra can do is grab hold of peoples shirts, Kites was wanted by Manure and could have gone there if Grays manager didn't stick to his word. If you think Micks tactics are spot on you are $$$$in deluded in the extreme.
Alsothe likes of Berra and ward and Henry shouldn't even be here now if you want progression.

Pengwern
01-02-2012, 17:13
4 home game and 8 away on that list.

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 17:14
Stoke at home.
Swansea at home.
QPR at home.
Newcastle at home.
Norwich at home.
Villa at home.

not many points gathered from those games yet were expected to take points off Man u,City,Arsenal? do me a favour.

i honestly believe last nights game, we would of won last season, were a different team all together now, even our spirit has gone.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:24
Good post Sandwell keep the faith we are not dead yet

Come on the Wolves

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:41
In reply to GoldForever

Stoke at home. - Robbed. Woodgate should of been red carded and we never deserved to lose that one, no way.

Swansea at home. - Played dire first half but came back well and will give them a game in Wales.

QPR at home. - Didn't turn up, Barton outclassed ourmidfield. Will be wanting revenge on Saturday no doubt about it.

Newcastle at home. - Robbed by the referee, deserved to win let alone draw this one.

Norwich at home. - Could have won it at the end.

Villa at home. - Were the better team apart from Robbie Keane scoring 2 of the best goals of his whole career (typical). Should of gone in at half time 4-1 up.

We can give anybody a game on our day, we're not dead yet, keep the faith.

Bevan
01-02-2012, 19:56
Did the predictor and had us finishing on 29 points. Close but no cigar.