PDA

View Full Version : John Terry trial date July 9th

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 15:09
Why are they stringing it out so long? Should he still be England captain?

Big Saft Kid
01-02-2012, 15:13
Why are they stringing it out so long? Should he still be England captain?

For a whole host of reasons, Terry should not be captaining England. As a role model he is a total disaster. But the main thing is he is no longer a particularly good footballer. I wouldn't have him in the team on the latter ground, first and foremost.

Arcadius
01-02-2012, 15:21
Why wasn't Suarez charged by the Police??? And why hasn't Terry been charged by the FA????

Wandsworth Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:21
I'll leave my personal opinions of him to one side for now, but I think he'll 'retire' from international football after the tournament and therefore the captaincy debate during his trail will be a non-issue.

Jonny De Wolf
02-02-2012, 18:14
Why wasn't Suarez charged by the Police??? And why hasn't Terry been charged by the FA????

Suarez wasn't charged by plod because there was no public complaint.
The FA charged him because they received a complaint from Evra.
Terry was charge by the police after an investigation instigated by complaints from members of the public.
The FA have not instigated proceedings as they are awaiting the police investigation now trial. They have said they will take appropriate action upon the conclusion of the trial

Arcadius
02-02-2012, 18:16
Terry was charge by the police after an investigation instigated by complaints from members of the public.
The FA have not instigated proceedings as they are awaiting the police investigation now trial. They have said they will take appropriate action upon the conclusion of the trial

Thanks JDW! Thats clear now!

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 18:17
For a whole host of reasons, Terry should not be captaining England. As a role model he is a total disaster. But the main thing is he is no longer a particularly good footballer. I wouldn't have him in the team on the latter ground, first and foremost.

This

After the last debarcle we should have started using the kids and get rid of the has beens. They have had their go and failed miserably, time for new blood

FRAZ-WOLF
02-02-2012, 18:31
Because the courts are busy?

HE IS INNOCENT TEAM TERRY

EdwardLoxdale
02-02-2012, 18:32
Since Terry has been involved in England my interest for England has faded. I would detest seeing that bloke lifting the world cup. How he is England captain I will never know. I would hate for my kids to look up to him.

Hatch End
02-02-2012, 18:50
If he played for us we'd be sympathising with him.

Because he is successful and plays for Chelski he's getting a load of po-faced critisism.

Note: It's an accusation, not proof and under English Law he's innocent until proved guilty in a Court of Law.

I can't take to him either, he seems to be a bit of a thug, but that changes nothing.

There are a lot of people jumping on this particular band-wagon, notably Darren Roberts, who seems to have decided that now his career is coming to an end there might be a nice little earner in "anti-rascism"!

saturday boy
02-02-2012, 18:58

I wouldn't sympathise with him.

Oxford Wolf
02-02-2012, 19:08
John Terry won't be facing trial for racial abuse until after Euro 2012, so he's free to lead his country into Poland.

Just like his hero did.

EdwardLoxdale
02-02-2012, 19:20
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/02/2882454/wolves-midfielder-emmanuel-frimpong-hits-out-at-the-fa-over-john-?

Frimpongs thoughts on situation.

gtleighsr3
02-02-2012, 22:56

Conspiracy theory is that the Public complaint to OB was made by a member of the FA so they dont have to deal with it.Hes as guilty as sin,he did similar to L King at Spurs a few years back.Whole family are wrongerns.
Also anyone think Cahill was bought to out Terry if found guilty?

It's Mixu Paatelainen
02-02-2012, 23:00

These are my thoughts, basically. I would rather have Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Smalling and Jagielka ahead of him in the reckoning.

Edgmond Wolf
02-02-2012, 23:25
These are my thoughts, basically. I would rather have Cahill, Jones, Lescott, Smalling and Jagielka ahead of him in the reckoning.

Agree it is the youngsters time now not the has beens

GoldenHorseshoe
03-02-2012, 05:09
I've always thought that one of the failings of player selection for the England team, is the heavy favouring of players based on which team they play for, and past reputation rather than current form.
Just look at Bully for example, should have played many more games.

howling wolf
03-02-2012, 07:52

Because he is successful and plays for Chelski he's getting a load of po-faced critisism.

Note: It's an accusation, not proof and under English Law he's innocent until proved guilty in a Court of Law.

I can't take to him either, he seems to be a bit of a thug, but that changes nothing.

There are a lot of people jumping on this particular band-wagon, notably Darren Roberts, who seems to have decided that now his career is coming to an end there might be a nice little earner in "anti-rascism"!
It's Jason Roberts, but I agree...he's another average footballer and as a pundit IMO he doesn't cut it, but somehow he's gotten on the BBC payroll, and has to make himself heard on every issue that arises. Can't TV and radio stations find better than the likes of Roberts and Savage?

I'm sure the Ferdinands' relationship with Terry wasn't so good in the first place - with Rio and Terry possibly vying for the England captaincy in the summer - so while I, like most others, don't like Terry, I don't think Anton is to be 100% trusted. The whole situation is now in danger of becoming a mess that can be blamed for our poor Euro showing...that is of course, if we don't lift the trophy!

KiwiWolf
03-02-2012, 07:57
...that is of course, if we don't lift the trophy!

Fear not HW there is absolutely zero chance of that happening!! :D

BridgnorthWolf Inc
03-02-2012, 10:02
Stripped. Great News.

FetishWolf
03-02-2012, 10:05
I doubt we will take him at all now. Public humiliation twice won't be easy for Terry to take either...

Inky
03-02-2012, 10:10
The FA have had the balls to strip him of the captaincy/

StefanWolves
03-02-2012, 10:11
Fair play to the FA, don't like the bloke so loving this news. :)

PumpKing
03-02-2012, 10:18
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/02/2882454/wolves-midfielder-emmanuel-frimpong-hits-out-at-the-fa-over-john-?

Frimpongs thoughts on situation.

Sod the courts, I`d send Frimpongs` mum round to Terrys house.

Job done.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:29
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149

Official

PumpKing
03-02-2012, 10:30
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149

Official

Good news, couldn`t have happened to a nicer racist thug.

big-blue-wolf
03-02-2012, 10:40
Good news, couldn`t have happened to a nicer racist thug.

Nothing has been proven yet.

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 10:41
Nothing has been proven yet.

How about, good news couldnt have happened to a nicer thug.

Jonzy54
03-02-2012, 11:07
Stripped. Great News.

He just needs to be tarred and feathered now followed by a burning tyre round his neck and then hung drawn and quartered.:D

FLEET WOLF
03-02-2012, 11:20
I really don't give a toss about Terry and I am starting to feel that way about England as well!

BridgnorthWolf Inc
03-02-2012, 13:35
I really don't give a toss about Terry and I am starting to feel that way about England as well!

Indeed. Terry and Cole (A) are two of the main reasons I lost enthusiasm in supporting the national side.

howling wolf
03-02-2012, 13:38
I'm surprised that everyone is so anti-Terry. As I said, don't like him, but he's probably no worse than half the England team...Gerrard, Cole, Rooney etc. Not exactly role models.

I guess if he's found guilty it'll be seen that they took the right decision but if he's found innocent who knows what the repercussions might be. I wonder what kind of effect it will have on the rest of the squad? From the impression we the general public get, you imagine half will be pleased and half will not be happy bunnies. Interesting to see how Capello will react as well, as it would seem his position has been undermined. Could be quite a soap opera!

Edgmond Wolf
03-02-2012, 14:04
I'm surprised that everyone is so anti-Terry. As I said, don't like him, but he's probably no worse than half the England team...Gerrard, Cole, Rooney etc. Not exactly role models.

I guess if he's found guilty it'll be seen that they took the right decision but if he's found innocent who knows what the repercussions might be. I wonder what kind of effect it will have on the rest of the squad? From the impression we the general public get, you imagine half will be pleased and half will not be happy bunnies. Interesting to see how Capello will react as well, as it would seem his position has been undermined. Could be quite a soap opera!

He is a complete and utter $$$$

FLEET WOLF
03-02-2012, 14:12

It all bodes badly for the Euros, with the possibility of Wilshere being unavailable for that and Rooney missing the first two games adding to the mess. Still, none of us now realistically expect England to do anything in tournaments anyway.

Dewsburywolf
03-02-2012, 20:38
He is a complete and utter $$$$

Is that $$$$ with a c or a t?

PREM.L.L
03-02-2012, 21:28

Agreed lad. He's a slower than whale $$$$ (whale $$$$ being Gareth Barry) and has had his day.

Metal Wolf89
03-02-2012, 22:29
Who cares, club before country.