PDA

View Full Version : Who is to blame..

CannockWolves_Jay
01-02-2012, 13:52
Who do you guys think is ultimately to blame?

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 13:52
Can't vote on the poll because I don't think any one person or persons are to blame, it's a culmination of factors.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:54
they all have to share the blame for different reasons

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:55
Can we add an all three to the list???

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:55

i voted for all three

CannockWolves_Jay
01-02-2012, 13:56
they all have to share the blame for different reasons
Vote all 3 then :top:

Bend It Like Dennison

:congrats:

This.

Sandwell Wolf
Where is the option, 'the players'?

OldWolvesfart
Can't vote on the poll because I don't think any one person or persons are to blame, it's a culmination of factors.

I concur.

Black Coffee
01-02-2012, 13:57

Indeed.

CannockWolves_Jay
01-02-2012, 13:58

Come's under MM because he should sort them out :p

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 13:59
The players must shoulder part of the blame, as do the three in the poll, although I'm not quite so sure what influence Jez may have had?

I think on the whole it's just a case of circumstances.

Dewsburywolf

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm it never is their fault though is it? It's the way the manager sets up the team. Just like it was the Manager/CEO/Chairman's fault that Jarvis cleared the ball straight to Robbie Keane the other week (just for one example) still at least he got an assist I suppose

luckyjim

Mick signed them, trains them, tells them how to play, tells them what positions to play in?

O.W.E.I
01-02-2012, 14:00
Jezus is as equally culpable as MM.

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 14:02
Mick signed them, trains them, tells them how to play, tells them what positions to play in?

But Mick can only buy the players funds can allow.

Mick can train them 'til the cows come home, but Mick can't control them individually for 90 minutes on the pitch. Mick has no control over an individual error any one player makes at any one time. Mick's not controlling them with TC's magic clipboard-shaped joypad...

O.W.E.I
01-02-2012, 14:03
Who stifles any last bit of creativity out of them?

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 14:04

So it's Mick fault when they have a shocker then? Glad we've cleared that up, I mean Mick obviously TELLS them to go out and have a stinker doesn't he.

OK then, great.

Seasider
01-02-2012, 14:13
Ultimately one man...the man in charge of our club. He has the power to make things happen. Mr Morgan, I hope you've got a plan.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:06
Morgan deserves credit but he also deserves some of the flack that he got last night.

Morgan and Moxey set the strategy. They set the transfer fee allocation and they set the wage limits.

After last season, Morgan quoted we would not be here again. Meaning he wanted to make sure Wolves were safe from relegation.

I think that Morgan, Moxey and McCarthy thought that Swansea, Norwich and one from Blackburn and Wigan would go down this season and that we needed minimal strengthening. Well we all knew in the summer transfer window that just adding Rodge the Bodge was not enough. That strategy is the big mistake. So yes Morgan has to shoulder some of the blame

Secondly we had our January transfer sorted out long before January and we added Eggert and Frimpong on 1st January and that was it. After announcing the delays to the Steve Bull, Morgan under fire added extra funds (4.5M). Second mistake that was never enough to get the sort of players (more than one) that was needed.

We tried to get Micks targets but we did not have sufficient in the pot and our wage limits preclude too many who could do a job. After much puffing and panting we get another loanee in Bassong.

Yes Morgan has to take some of the blame

1. Poor transfer window in the summmer - under funded
2. Poor strategy funds and wage limits
3. PR on Steve Bull
4. January transfer window although the two loan players will add some needed spark

Last night he got sight of the fans anger with some of the South Bank chanting about the houses and by other accounts fans in the Billy Wright giving abuse. If we dont get anything out of the QPR game and things go bad against Baggies then he will be in for a whole shedload of more.....

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:14
Morgan for me all the way.

Moxey works for Morgan and will invaribly do as he is told.

McCarthy works for Morgan and has been left, far far too long, to manage the team and made a right mess of it in the process.

Morgan could and should have fired McCarthy long ago but decided for whatever reason not to do so and as such we arrive at the state the club are now in.

As the top man who makes the final decisions Morgan has the power to make changes. Fact he has not now sees the club facing relegation.

Timbli
01-02-2012, 15:36
The fans

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:37
The fans

You're not Jez in disguise are you?:D

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:39
The fans

Thats funny!:D

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:39
Can I vote for all three?

Shergar
01-02-2012, 15:42
Can I vote for all three?

What? All three fans?

Danwolf
01-02-2012, 15:44
You have to ultimately blame the manager. He picks the team, he oversees training, and he chooses the tactics. Whether it is all his fault or a combination of factors, in football the manager is the one who has to take the blame. If Morgan had given him nothing to spend then it would de different but IMO he has given him plenty to spend and the players we have should be good enough to compete in this division. I like Mick and would love to see him turn it round but unfortunately even those like me that have backed Mick in the past have run out of patience.

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:46
You have to ultimately blame the manager. He picks the team, he oversees training, and he chooses the tactics. Whether it is all his fault or a combination of factors, in football the manager is the one who has to take the blame. If Morgan had given him nothing to spend then it would de different but IMO he has given him plenty to spend and the players we have should be good enough to compete in this division. I like Mick and would love to see him turn it round but unfortunately even those like me that have backed Mick in the past have run out of patience.

And if after seeing that manager make one $$$$ up after another you stand by and do nothing and let him continue to make a mess are you not responsible in some way?

Danwolf
01-02-2012, 15:47
And if after seeing that manager make one $$$$ up after another you stand by and do nothing and let him continue to make a mess are you not responsible in some way?

I'm not saying the owner is blameless. Im just saying that ultimately the manager has to take the blame.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:57
Can I blame the Premier League, we aren't operating on an even playing field, our club isn't prepared to stretch itself too far.

I wouldn't be happy as a QPR fan knowing they'yve got players on 60k a week!!

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:05
I'm not saying the owner is blameless. Im just saying that ultimately the manager has to take the blame.

And if that's your opinion Dan you stick with it but would you then accept Morgan needs to fire him?

If so he is damaging the club further by leaving Mick in post.

Danwolf
01-02-2012, 16:16
And if that's your opinion Dan you stick with it but would you then accept Morgan needs to fire him?

If so he is damaging the club further by leaving Mick in post.

Yes I do think Morgan should fire him and sooner rather than later (if it's not already too late).