PDA

View Full Version : The thoughts of Captain Rodge

Big Saft Kid
01-02-2012, 12:46
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2596424,00.html

Golden_Wolf
01-02-2012, 12:48
heard it all before. until they prove it on the pitch it is more empty words.

The Guvnor
01-02-2012, 12:49
Big words from cpt marvel.

'Saturdays game is a must win and we will be up for it'. - I bloody well hope so because if you don't turn up you'll know about it.

Jonny De Wolf
01-02-2012, 12:50
Can't put his finger on reason why we conceded - bit like not being able to put your foot on it Roge!

Strats
01-02-2012, 12:51
To be fair, he's hardly likely to come out and say something along the lines of ... "we think the gaffers gash, he's got no idea" is he?

Pretty standard words (from any player in his position). :D

mikic
01-02-2012, 12:53
standard and to be expected - I want to here from Morgan as to why the $$$$ MM is still in the job

Big Saft Kid
01-02-2012, 12:53
Can't put his finger on reason why we conceded

Yes, I loved that bit too. I can't believe he actually said that, as a professional footballer. The whole thing sound invented, probably by Jez's PA ("I just can't put my finger on why I prefer the Capuccino in Starbucks")

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 12:57
Blah blah blah! Just shut up Johnson! The same old excuses being trotted out about not closing down, the next game is must win. We've heard it all season Johnson and nothing ever improves! You may feel you have to come out and back McCarthy but a lot of us have had enough of this appalling style of football and constant dreadful defending and backing off players.

Poztin
01-02-2012, 12:58
I've said it many times, the players have got to take their fair share of blame for our plight.

Stop giving them too much credit. I really rate Foley but last night he was terrible. Is that McCarthys fault? Is it McCarthys fault Doyle has gone missing?

Forget formations and tactics, once they cross that white line it's up to them, and they haven't performed to the standards we know they're capable of this season.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 12:59
Why oh Why do we get comments like this from players. I don't give two s#### what they say as the club have probably typed it for them. I want to hear from the man at the top Morgan .

Henry's Tackle
01-02-2012, 13:00
Blah blah blah! Just shut up Johnson!

"Molineux Mixer in not realising players are made to talk to the media shocker"

mikic
01-02-2012, 13:02
After that performance, I'd of had more respect if none of them had talked to the media, and had gotten ready for saturday, rather than spout that usual $$$$ about "we need to improve", "the next game is a must win", "We are all in this together and back the manager" $$$$$$$$.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:03
What a load of $$$$$$$$

Sorry I am normally a glass half full sort of guy but......arrggghhh

"I can not put my finger on it"

You were $$$$ing useless at defending!!!

Berra got you out of the $$$$ in the first half so many times I lost count. You are $$$$ing useless at heading, clearing, passing.....

Who made this useless $$$$ the captain

Rant over :D

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 13:08
"Molineux Mixer in not realising players are made to talk to the media shocker"

I couldnt give a stuff. I'm sick of hearing the same excuses every week. The players must think we are mugs.
Actions speak louder than words!

shiby
01-02-2012, 13:21
"I can not put my finger on it" I ******* can, the defence is appalling and has been for the 3 seasons we've been in this league.

He signed Van Damme as left back as we desperatley needed one and hasn't had the nous to replace him for starters. That's ok though because we've got a centre forward from the Irish league who loves playing at left back.

The only other right back is Doherty who's been sent to Hibs. But don't fear everyone, if Foley gets injured, we have a championship centre half who loves playing at right back.

Berra and Johnson give at least one goal away per game between them.

The best defender is Craddock FFS, yes Craddock Mick, the bloke you sent surplus to requirements on loan to Stoke.

It wasn't until the Chelsea defeat that Mick realised the defending was "disgraceful". Ha ha, wake up you idiot.

He said on WM yesterday before kick off that if we continue to play like this we'll be ok!!!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. 2 wins out of 21, you just can't make it up!

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 13:34
http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2596424,00.html

Wonder what this interview will be like next week when he has been dropped and Bassong has taken his place...still be behind the gaffer then?

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 13:40
Wonder what this interview will be like next week when he has been dropped and Bassong has taken his place...still be behind the gaffer then?

Last time when he was dropped he didn't complain, got his head down in training and came back in, Man Utd away aside, fantastic form and comfortably our best defender, so yes I think he will be.

Strats
01-02-2012, 13:58
“Changing the manager isn’t going to change what the players do on the pitch,” said Johnson.
Really? ... I wonder if Sunderland (players and fans) would agree. :dong:

Paul76
01-02-2012, 15:44
The biggest waste of money in my lifetime I reckon.

The_Blade
01-02-2012, 16:00
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Roger. Big $$$$$$$*n YAWN!

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:03
More talk from a player that has been a massive flop.

Shut up Roger and start playing to a level us supporters were led to believe you could play at.

-ShuWolf-
01-02-2012, 16:10
He doesnt want the manager changed incase the new man in realises hes not in form and is not captain material and drops him and changes the captaincy...

I'd rather O'Hara be captain or even give it back to Henry

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 16:13
“Changing the manager isn’t going to change what the players do on the pitch,” said Johnson.
Really? ... I wonder if Sunderland (players and fans) would agree. :dong:

Exactly. Add Albion and QPR to that aswell. Total and utter tosh from Johnson and the club spin machine.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY
01-02-2012, 16:14
do your talking on the football pitch roger then people will start to listen

Big Saft Kid
01-02-2012, 16:16
Exactly. Add Albion and QPR to that aswell. Total and utter tosh from Johnson and the club spin machine.

If you remember what Steve Morgan said about not chopping and changing, this is exactly what Rodge is repeating in slightly different words. The Lion King speaks, and it is then rehashed by the Jackal (Moxey) who gets the mice like Johnson to repeat it.

Paul76
01-02-2012, 16:33
I heard Kevin Phillips talking about Roger Johnson not so long ago when he was talking about Wolves at half time. I can't remember the game to be honest. It was the game where he got dropped and craddock was bought in to replace him.

They were talking about the big surprise that he'd been dropped. Kev was saying he was different class and was a really good defender. He did say so that he was a confidence player. Maybe sometimes he needed a shoulder around him, pat on the back.

I don't think he's got the bottle to be a captain. You're expected to lead by example if you're a leader. What image does he portray to the rest of the lads if he's struggling with confidence? Lacking in belief and confidence isn't the best trait of a leader.

Strip him of the captaincy. Drop him again and pair Bassong with Berra.

Big Saft Kid
01-02-2012, 16:36
I heard Kevin Phillips talking about Roger Johnson not so long ago when he was talking about Wolves at half time. I can't remember the game to be honest. It was the game where he got dropped and craddock was bought in to replace him.

They were talking about the big surprise that he'd been dropped. Kev was saying he was different class and was a really good defender. He did say so that he was a confidence player. Maybe sometimes he needed a shoulder around him, pat on the back.

I don't think he's got the bottle to be a captain. You're expected to lead by example if you're a leader. What image does he portray to the rest of the lads if he's struggling with confidence? Lacking in belief and confidence isn't the best trait of a leader.

Strip him of the captaincy. Drop him again and pair Bassong with Berra.

This

Bankswolf II
01-02-2012, 16:38
I think Micks biggest mistake was to make him captain too early to come to a new club and be given the responsibility of leading a team with no experience of doing so in the past is a difficult one. Dont get me wrong I never really rated Henry as captain either but least hes a leader for all his lack of footballing ability

Even now we have no real leaders so the responsbility falls on Johnson and he is struggling big time with it. If we had gone and signed someone experienced like Keane maybe it would make things easier but alas it all falls on him and its affecting his game badly

Drop him for a game give the captancy to Ward who has already shown great resolve as captain or give it back to Henry then reintroduce Johnson without the captancy arm band, perhaps all he needs is to concentrate on his game and not on playing the leader.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:55
Bodge needs dropping again preferably onto his big mouth

Please shut up and start playing football

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 17:00
I know that the Wolves' spin Dept insist on rolling out some poor sap from the dressing room, to give embarrassing interviews, but why don't the players just refuse?

If they all refused, what could the club do about it?