PDA

View Full Version : Edwards

JW
01-02-2012, 09:38
For all the good work he does getting in the box, supporting strikers and using his energy.

He's not a footballer :confused:. In fact most of our team other than Frimpong, Ward, Fletcher and Kightly occasionally are unable of distributing the ball as soon as they get it. This slows down all our play and minimises the space for us IMO.

Second point is his finishing. Is there any point in him being in the team if when he does get in these positions he misses. Tonight he had 2 really good opportunities, again scuffing a shot then a poor header.

Against Chelsea IIRC he scuffed a shot straight to check. At tottenham he couldnt get a volley or half volley on target anywhere near the target from inside the box in space.

Its so frustrating watching because when we miss these chances, its inevitable for the other team to score one sometime.

Is it even worth having him in the team? I wish Doyle would show a bit more passion and energy and make it look like he wants to be here so he could play instead of Edwards. :mad:

North West Wanderer
01-02-2012, 09:40
He does a job but that role gives you the chance to finish and score which he struggles with

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 09:42
The issue for me is that Edwards is the only Wolves player that makes these intelligent runs and gets into these positions, ok he can't finish but everyone else is so static it's untrue. Frimpong has the ball and ther is literally no one for him to pass to...it's embarrasing. Edwards was one of our better players last night.

FRAZ-WOLF
01-02-2012, 09:53
Played well I thought Foley looked poor and yet again Johnson and Eggert Jarvis too

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 10:07
The issue for me is that Edwards is the only Wolves player that makes these intelligent runs and gets into these positions, ok he can't finish but everyone else is so static it's untrue. Frimpong has the ball and ther is literally no one for him to pass to...it's embarrasing. Edwards was one of our better players last night.

This is so true, Edwards only fault (which is a great one admittedly) is he can't finish

jrpb-3
01-02-2012, 10:22
This is so true, Edwards only fault (which is a great one admittedly) is he can't finish

he's still our joint second highest scorer with 3 (along with O'Hara, SEB , Ward and Hunt, and from less starts than Hunt Ward or O'Hara)

Show most of the rest of the team are no better finishers than Edwards
or don't even get into positions where they can take a shot.

but yes he can't finish

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 10:25
but yes he can't finish

My point being that he's good at getting into positions - of which other players don't seem capable - but it's unfortunate that when he gets into said position .................................................. ...

ice cream head
01-02-2012, 10:30
The timing of his runs are as good as Lampard's who imo is the best in the league at arriving at just the right time. Lampard can finish though and as has been said, Edwards can't.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:33
At least he gets into the right positions unlike others

jrpb-3
01-02-2012, 10:35
My point being that he's good at getting into positions - of which other players don't seem capable - but it's unfortunate that when he gets into said position .................................................. ...

actually I was agreeing with you mainly, it' didn't really come accross like that in my post though. If he finishing was better he'd probably have 3 or 4 more. Great that he gets in those positions and will always score a few even with poor finishing, just a pity that we don't have ther players who can find the space, make the runs he does, kightly is probably the only other player we have who does this to some degree

Pengwern
01-02-2012, 10:38
Watch the match 'highlights' from last night and see who passed a defence-splitting ball to put Kightly in on goal in the first half. He has added forward-passing to his game, which is a large part of what an attacking midfielder is supposed to do.

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 10:39
And yet he gets abuse like Duracell Dave or headless chicken

Opinions eh?

Polish Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:40
He can run and do it even intelligently but he can't kick the ball. Would be better in cross country running.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:43

This

Just wish he had the extra bit of skill and could finish or place the killer pass

Bostin
01-02-2012, 10:45
I rate Dave Edwards, he's like Lampard, but err....a bit worse?

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 10:46
Watch the match 'highlights' from last night and see who passed a defence-splitting ball to put Kightly in on goal in the first half. He has added forward-passing to his game, which is a large part of what an attacking midfielder is supposed to do.

Just wish he had the extra bit of skill and could finish or place the killer pass

See above

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 10:53
He won't get into the team when we get a new manager..........as long as Morgan doesn't promote Clipboard!