PDA

View Full Version : Start building for the championship

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 09:22
Might as well right this season off and start building for the next one.

Always felt confident last season cos we were always in games, different story now.

So, lets not waste anytime and risk being mid table championship this time next year, start building now to make sure we come back stronger.......

Big Mack
01-02-2012, 09:27
Having seen the 'performance' last night, I thought we were preparing for division 2.

Sharples
01-02-2012, 09:31
Start preparing for the Fizzy pop league? We are one point of safety?! Do you think Blackburn fans said the same a month ago??

WV10Wolf
01-02-2012, 09:34
You want us to build for the Championship the day after the transfer window closed?

Can you see the point I'm trying to make?

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 09:36
Exactly, because we didnt do anything in the transfer window to try and prevent relegation.

I am talking about the coaching specifically, new ideas desperately required

tipton81
01-02-2012, 09:48
Exactly, because we didnt do anything in the transfer window to try and prevent relegation.

I am talking about the coaching specifically, new ideas desperately required

Impart some of your coaching wisdom then.

What should we do?

FRAZ-WOLF
01-02-2012, 09:52
Sign Fotheringham

Dewsburywolf
01-02-2012, 10:05
Impart some of your coaching wisdom then.

What should we do?

Blood some of the kids perhaps?

On the plus side we wouldn't necessarily need to name them in the 25

MolineuxMixer
01-02-2012, 10:16
Championship!

More like Non League Football.

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 13:06

Started one day after the end of last season when they were tearing the seats out of the North Bank. Should be adequate enough for second flight football.

mikic
01-02-2012, 13:08
I'll kick it off, sack MM to make sure we dont get relegated to League 1

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:21
Lets wait untill mathematically we can not survive! Untill then can we concentrate on staying in this league even though it is painful

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:28
lets wait untill mathematically we can not survive! Untill then can we concentrate on staying in this league even though it is painful

+1

Wonder Boyo
01-02-2012, 13:35

Always felt confident last season cos we were always in games, different story now.

So, lets not waste anytime and risk being mid table championship this time next year, start building now to make sure we come back stronger.......

Yeah I agree, lets all give up, pack up and go home. The disappointment hurts too much to fight. My son came home with poor feedback from his last school assessment last week. He'd slipped down the class, he's in the top set at the moment. I told him he was best off giving up and mentally preparing himself to be in the lower set next year and then crack on from there. Prepare to fail son, that'll make you a real man.

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:36
I'll kick it off, sack MM to make sure we dont get relegated to League 1

Yes because he took us down to League One didn't he when he first came. $$$$'s sake.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:37
yeah i agree, lets all give up, pack up and go home. The disappointment hurts too much to fight. My son came home with poor feedback from his last school assessment last week. He'd slipped down the class, he's in the top set at the moment. I told him he was best off giving up and mentally preparing himself to be in the lower set next year and then crack on from there. Prepare to fail son, that'll make you a real man.

:d

Wonder Boyo
01-02-2012, 13:43
:d

I guess I could have tried to instill some confidence in him, told him to work harder, that's he's capable of doing it and that he should be proud to be the top set and he should focus on the next assessment and give it all he can, fight tooth and nail to stay there.

Tettenhall Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:48
To a certain extent we've been doing that gradually during the last 3 years! After promotion and first survival, we have effectively gone backwards. Well, we've stayed the same, while everyone else got better, which effectively means going backwards. The only ones who we improved ahea of already went down, except Wigan.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:52
the problem is that once we overachieved once it then became the benchmark for future seasons, sadly life doesn't work out like this

tipton81
01-02-2012, 14:20
Blood some of the kids perhaps?

On the plus side we wouldn't necessarily need to name them in the 25

We're already blooding Griffiths, Baath, Davis, Doherty, Vokes, Winnall on loan at various levels across the country.

Not sure it'd be a good idea to drop any of those left (except Forde and Mendez Laing) into an unforgiving Premier League relegation scrap for the obvious confidence battering reasons.

O.W.E.I
01-02-2012, 14:24
We could still survive, IF our owner takes this dire situation by the scruff of the neck and bloody well does something about it.

Ulver
01-02-2012, 14:36

Grow a pair you loser.

We're not 20 points cut adrift ffs!

HowfenWolf
01-02-2012, 14:38
Theres been too much talk of building this season :D

OoohRobbieRobbie
01-02-2012, 14:43
Lets wait untill mathematically we can not survive! Untill then can we concentrate on staying in this league even though it is painful

This.

Everyone's frustrated, last night was a terrible performance. I am still fuming but I've calmed down a bit. We lacked creativity, fight and ideas. That was down to tactics and personnel. We severely missed O'hara and Henry. Although Milijas was poor against Blues, I was pretty shocked to see he didn't start, he has the ability to find space to give himself time to look up, Eggert does not. As Edgmond says we need to concentrate on survival now, not banging on about the Championship until we are actually doomed.

The only things I can think positively about at the moment are the prospect of Bassong shoring up our defence, Kevin Foley hopefully improving game by game, Zubar coming back to fitness, O'hara (please hurry back) getting fitter, and Henry returning from suspension.

Come on me babbies.

Hoganstolemywife
01-02-2012, 14:43
4 points from our next two games and we MIGHT stay up.

Otherwise...:S

OoohRobbieRobbie
01-02-2012, 14:46
And also...'Start building for the Championship', what does that even mean? What does that entail or what are you suggesting we do right this very second to achieve this? We are in the Premier League, and we're not mathematically down, I know we're poor and are in the relegation zone...but that doesn't even make sense.

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 14:48
Ok i'll make it a bit clearer start preparing for the championship, its about being realist, not about being deafeatist

Hoganstolemywife
01-02-2012, 14:51
What does preparing for the Championship entail exactly?

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 14:52
De Vries

Foley
Johnson
Berra
Ward

Kightly
Henry
Ohara/Milijas
Hammill

SEB
New Striker

Should be enough to see us come back up with a new manager.

can only see us losing Hennessey, Jarvis, Fletcher & Doyle.

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 14:53
Er....get used to the fact that it is impending!

Wolv3nsam
01-02-2012, 14:53
Same here GoldForever - maybe O'Hara too. I'm not sure who would want Doyle to be honest.

goldeneyed
01-02-2012, 14:54
Pointless thread for a pointless team. There is still a chance. Support the team. We just desperately need a win quickly in the next two games. Get that and we have a chance. Don't kick them when they are already down. Protests and boos at the end of a match please.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 14:55
Pointless thread for a pointless team. There is still a chance. Support the team. We just desperately need a win quickly in the next two games. Get that and we have a chance. Don't kick them when they are already down. Protests and boos at the end of a match please.

This

No boos at half time and no boos during the match.

Do your booing and protesting at the final whistle

Hoganstolemywife
01-02-2012, 14:59

:top:

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 15:00
Originally Posted by goldeneyed http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=1279773#post1279773)

Also refrain from having an opinion and having the temerity to spout it on the message board!

MonkeySpanner
01-02-2012, 15:06
Don't think we've ever taken our eye off the Championship and there in lies the problem.

luiandlui
01-02-2012, 15:29
Ok i'll make it a bit clearer start preparing for the championship, its about being realist, not about being deafeatist

Preparing for relegation when we are one point from safety with fifteen games to go is the definition of defeatism.

goldeneyed
01-02-2012, 15:43
Preparing for relegation when we are one point from safety with fifteen games to go is the definition of defeatism.

Well spoken.

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 15:44

go tell the 11 players that were on the pitch last night, they smacked of a team who knew they had no idea and were heading for the Chump.