PDA

View Full Version : whom was johnson telling to shut up ?

arctic rime
01-02-2012, 01:00
us or mick ?:rolleyes:

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 01:00
Now let me take a wild guess? The fans?

StefanWolves
01-02-2012, 01:02
When was this

EdwardLoxdale
01-02-2012, 01:02
Hennessey had a go at Johnson after the 2nd or 3rd goal and Johnson started waving his hands around not taking responsibility. He was getting bit of abuse from the north bank at the time as well.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 01:03
Hennessey had a go at Johnson after the 2nd or 3rd goal and Johnson started waving his hands around not taking responsibility. He was getting bit of abuse from the north bank at the time as well.

Good ole captain Rog!

MonkeySpanner
01-02-2012, 02:41
Well the second goal was defiantly Hens fault.

However, Johnson with all the hype before he signed has been very disappointing. Berra is no better. Intact I just don't think they get on as you see them constantly going at each other. No partnership there I would say. Hopefully who ever Bassong fills in for will spark something, but I think Johnson is another bad signing to be honest.

BlackBully
01-02-2012, 04:29
Hennessey had a go at Johnson after the 2nd goal and Johnson had a go back saying he should've saved it and telling him to shut up. It's a bloody farce and has been for months now.

Wolf Pack leader
01-02-2012, 08:15
Hennessey should have saved Bellamy's shot however if Johnson had closed him down properly then he would not have had the chance to shoot

waveney wolf
01-02-2012, 08:30
ive never seen a defence run backwards so quickly since schooldays,,,he is RUBBISH!!

HowfenWolf
01-02-2012, 08:39
Hennessey had a go at Johnson after the 2nd goal and Johnson had a go back saying he should've saved it and telling him to shut up. It's a bloody farce and has been for months now.

The problem has been/continues to be: we don't have a vocal leader on the pitch. Until that is addressed, we'll always struggle. Henry was captain, then its roger the dodger.

The players body language is shocking - None of them look comfy playing in the shirts. Time for a major shake up & get the feel good back

Sharples
01-02-2012, 09:01
The defending for the second was a farce. The handbook says to do the exact opposite of what we did. However, Bellamy has pace...and we dont like pace...

WV10Wolf
01-02-2012, 09:14
People noticed this, yet nobody noticed it when he had a slanging match with a middle aged woman in the North Bank when we played Stoke (At least I think it was Stoke)

shiby
01-02-2012, 10:07
The problem has been/continues to be: we don't have a vocal leader on the pitch. Until that is addressed, we'll always struggle. Henry was captain, then its roger the dodger.

The players body language is shocking - None of them look comfy playing in the shirts. Time for a major shake up & get the feel good back

Couldn't agree more. We so lack an inspirational leader on the pitch. There is no vocal encouragement, no pointing and shouting at who should be where at corner kicks. Nothing. We need an older experienced Ince/Rae type of player who bosses areas and gobs off.

We continue with this signing players for the future, younger types with plenty of years left in them etc. It can work well if they're playing alongside good experienced players who can nuture them on.

We need a balance.

Pengwern
01-02-2012, 10:46
I now have the strong suspicion that Mick's biggest mistake was bringing Johnson in. It disrupted a settled captain and, once his lack of pace was clear, meant that we could not play a high line and press opposition because their pace would catch us out on the counter attack, which didn't happen so much when Stearman was paired with Berra for much of last season. Bringing Johnson in has also persuaded Mick to go back to playing Stearman at RB, which has affected his development and meant we lack attacking flair down that flank.

Now we have Bassong, we can try a high line again and put pressure on the opposition in the final third, which is what worked for us against the top teams last season and looked like working in the first half even last night. Stearman should become 3rd choice and RJ told to work on his sprinting if he wants to stay at the club.

Mick took responsibility for the 3rd goal and performance in the last 35 minutes last night, for changing it to 4-2-2 to chase the game and leaving us unable to get the ball back off Liverpool. What he didn't say is that leaves us exposed because, with Johnson in the team, playing a high enough line to compress the game and give us a better chance of getting the ball back is too high a risk to take.

If I could point to one think which explains why we look weaker at this stage of the season than in the previous two, I think it would be this. It means the whole team worry about being caught on the break, which affects their confidence in one another.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:51
Johnson has not demonstrated that he's worthy of being team captain

hambaps
01-02-2012, 10:54
I remember about a year back, Hunt and Doyle were on Goals on Sunday. Doyle actually said something along the lines of "we are told that if he wants to shoot from that far out, let him"

Sounds unbelievable but there are clear examples of it every week.

Golden_Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:55
It was $$$$ defending and $$$$ goalkeeping that led to that 2nd goal.

RJ & Hen (and a few others) should be taking the blame for it.

Shergar
01-02-2012, 11:00
us or mick ?:rolleyes:

I honestly thought Relegation Roger was looking straight at you, telling you to **** off.

They must have got his medication wrong last night, he was much more twitchy and was ticcing all over the place.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 11:54
Rodger was woeful last night, Berra got him out of the $$$$ time and time again in the first half. His passes were either over hit or played others into trouble.

A leader on the pitch my $$$$

Hennessey I believe could and should have done better with Liverpools second goal however WHO let Bellamy run from the half way line un challenged. Where was Rodge the Bodge??

Big mistake putting him as Captain.

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 12:10
Rodger was woeful last night, Berra got him out of the $$$$ time and time again in the first half. His passes were either over hit or played others into trouble.

Hennessey I believe could and should have done better with Liverpools second goal however WHO let Bellamy run from the half way line un challenged. Where was Rodge the Bodge??

Hennessy is constantly under pressure and I think there are stats which show he has made the most saves of any keeper in the PL this season. Inevitably he will make mistakes and his confidence must be dropping like mad playing behind our defence week in week out!

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 12:11

I always thought it was wrong to make him captain and that we should have kept Henry as captain. Being captain may have affected his game, but it really shouldn't do, it is not like cricket!

Shergar
01-02-2012, 12:36
Whether in interview or on the pitch he always seems drowsy.

Jonny De Wolf
01-02-2012, 12:40
Roger the ball dodger became roger the blame dodger last night.
Everything was someone elses fault - the 2nd goal being prime example.
Hen should've done better with the shot but the shot should never have happened - backing off and backing off as usual.
After their spat Roger didn't speak to hennessey for the rest of the bloody game!
Great captaincy

There were several other instances of Roge passing the blame including having a pop at Berra when the attck had come down Liverpools left side - nowhere near Berra! Probably helped explain berra's positioning for the 3rd.

Turned out to be a shocking buy

Arcadius
01-02-2012, 12:49
I now have the strong suspicion that Mick's biggest mistake was bringing Johnson in. It disrupted a settled captain and, once his lack of pace was clear, meant that we could not play a high line and press opposition because their pace would catch us out on the counter attack, which didn't happen so much when Stearman was paired with Berra for much of last season. Bringing Johnson in has also persuaded Mick to go back to playing Stearman at RB, which has affected his development and meant we lack attacking flair down that flank.

Now we have Bassong, we can try a high line again and put pressure on the opposition in the final third, which is what worked for us against the top teams last season and looked like working in the first half even last night. Stearman should become 3rd choice and RJ told to work on his sprinting if he wants to stay at the club.

Mick took responsibility for the 3rd goal and performance in the last 35 minutes last night, for changing it to 4-2-2 to chase the game and leaving us unable to get the ball back off Liverpool. What he didn't say is that leaves us exposed because, with Johnson in the team, playing a high enough line to compress the game and give us a better chance of getting the ball back is too high a risk to take.

If I could point to one think which explains why we look weaker at this stage of the season than in the previous two, I think it would be this. It means the whole team worry about being caught on the break, which affects their confidence in one another.

Good post! I agree with that! I would like to see Craddock and Bassong play!

doog
01-02-2012, 12:59
I do not like the McCarthy style of defending one bit, and have been critical of is defensive style for some time, at times its desperate stuff.
we rarely man mark, we only mark space, this invites people to take shots from outside or around the edge of the box. we concede far to many golas this way. In my opinion this must come from the training ground.
Backs to the wall again....

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 13:01
How is mcarthy still in a job today ?

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 19:47
Good post! I agree with that! I would like to see Craddock and Bassong play!

I am warming to this too

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 19:49
Roger the ball dodger became roger the blame dodger last night.
Everything was someone elses fault - the 2nd goal being prime example.
Hen should've done better with the shot but the shot should never have happened - backing off and backing off as usual.
After their spat Roger didn't speak to hennessey for the rest of the bloody game!
Great captaincy

There were several other instances of Roge passing the blame including having a pop at Berra when the attck had come down Liverpools left side - nowhere near Berra! Probably helped explain berra's positioning for the 3rd.

Turned out to be a shocking buy

I have noticed Rodge blaming other at several games but yesterday was worse than ever. When he has a bad game he ducks the issue and blames others

I do not think the players respect him as a Captain. Hennessey, you know the mild mannered one even had a go at him for his crap defending

He is a poor captain for sure

Monkey Man
01-02-2012, 20:28
How is mcarthy still in a job today ?

I have no idea. No idea at all.

He must have pictures of Morgan and Moxey noshing each other off.

those were the days
01-02-2012, 20:40

Good point and v true. We could do with a Keith Curle or Paul Ince type character right now to provide a bit of steel and leadership. Presumably MM thought RJ could bring that to the table. In hindsight, a big ask and mistake making RJ captain. I'd honestly rather see JC or KH given the armband for the rest of the season.

freezin
01-02-2012, 22:14
People noticed this, yet nobody noticed it when he had a slanging match with a middle aged woman in the North Bank when we played Stoke (At least I think it was Stoke)

He should have thumped her in the gizzards

Whether in interview or on the pitch he always seems drowsy.

The lad is dead behind the eyes...

.....and infront of the eyes it would seem

Costin_wolf
01-02-2012, 22:18
Would love to see Ohara captain may be disliked by some fans but he is always making himself heard and telling people what should be happening anyway and would let johnson work on just defending.

Stratford Wolf
01-02-2012, 22:21
Henn was upset/frustrated after conceeding the second had a pop at RJ for allowing Bellend run that far without anyone closing him down - we seemed to back off all night when they ran at us - how many times did Foley do the same......