PDA

View Full Version : Zubar is back

StefanWolves
31-01-2012, 22:52
"Thank you all for your message, I train normally so hopefully I be in the squad Saturday...zub is back"

More good news

Surrey Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:52
hurrah!

Hoganstolemywife
31-01-2012, 22:53
Foley was god-awful tonight. I'd honestly put him in the XI.

We need a huge defensive rejig. Culling half of a backline that has just conceded 3 in successive home games seems reasonable.

goldfish
31-01-2012, 22:54
I'd be tempted to stick him in at right back and play Foley in midfield in place of Jonsson - at least until Henry's back from suspension.

Surrey Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:54

We need a huge defensive rejig. Culling half of a backline that has just conceded 3 in successive home games seems reasonable.

I think anyone would have struggled against Bellamy in his current form

StefanWolves
31-01-2012, 22:55
I'd be tempted to stick him in at right back and play Foley in midfield in place of Jonsson - at least until Henry's back from suspension.

This entirely. Foley was dreadful tonight.

Surrey Wolf

Agreed

EdwardLoxdale
Great news. Welcome back Zub's!

goldfish
(I would suggest playing Zubar in place of Henry - he was a defensive midfielder for Caen when he interested Arsenal, after all -but I think Frimpong and Zubar would probably run into each other at full speed after about 25 seconds).

goldfish
31-01-2012, 22:56
Foley was dreadful tonight.

Aye, he was - though I trust him to come good (I'd move him more because Jonsson was poor and doesn't look ready).

EdwardLoxdale
31-01-2012, 22:56

Agreed. It is the worst I ever seen Foley tonight. His passing was all over the place.

Netherton Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:57
Still think Foley is a better defender than Zubar

Bostin
31-01-2012, 22:58

Rather have Bassong there

WV10Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:00
(I would suggest playing Zubar in place of Henry - he was a defensive midfielder for Caen when he interested Arsenal, after all -but I think Frimpong and Zubar would probably run into each other at full speed after about 25 seconds).

That would cause a Tsunami in the Pacific Islands

goldfish
31-01-2012, 23:00

Yeah. I'd only do this as a temporary measure to cover for Henry. But at the moment I'd prefer Zubar at right-back to Jonsson in midfield. Assuming Zubar's fit, that is.

MonkeySpanner
01-02-2012, 01:50

Agree

Agree

Salisbury Wolf
01-02-2012, 05:24
I'd like to see Foley in the 2 with Frimpong and Zubar at RB. Two DM's who will get forward when we're in possession and though I think Foley is a better RB I'd feel more confident in him with Foley giving him some cover when we're defending.

Henn

Zubar - Bassong - Johnson - Ward

Foley - Frimpong

Kites - O'Hara - Jarvis

Fletcher

Mugwump
01-02-2012, 05:32
The big problem we have had with both Zubar and Foley is that they have probably both been thrown into the team before they were ready fitness wise.

SanFranWolf
01-02-2012, 05:48
The big problem we have had with both Zubar and Foley is that they have probably both been thrown into the team before they were ready fitness wise.

I'd agree with this Mugwump - there's an argument to be put forwards for resting Foley for a game if Zubar is fit.

Ashley
01-02-2012, 06:26
Need him back in at RB. Sorry folks but he's a class above foley

DJW
01-02-2012, 07:15
Play him alongside Bassong anyone?

Foley..........Zubar..........Bassong...........Wa rd

Just musing, like arranging the deck chairs on the the Titanic. :mad:

Poole Wolf
01-02-2012, 07:15
Henn

Zubar - Johnson - Berra - Bassong

Frimpong - Milijas

Kites - O'Hara - Ward

Fletcher

waveney wolf
01-02-2012, 07:33
must must MUST split Johnson and Berra up,,,surely if you ve not kept a clean sheet in 21 games, its not bloody working??? Zubar in middle

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 07:53

So do I and no doubt Zubar will be injured again within a month and that is why I would offload him in the summer, irrespective of which league we are in!

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 08:20
Foley's definitely better by a long way!

He was very poor last night. Don't remember seeing him struggle so much, but no was that great and he had a better excuse than most as he was up against one of the best players in the league on current form.

As said, Foley in Eggert's place and Zubar at right back is an option if Zubar is actually fully fit, which I doubt. Zubar's defending scares the life out of me.

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 08:39
Sorry, i like zubes but he is a crock. I'll give him 2 games before he's out injured again

TheRetroChief
01-02-2012, 09:01
"Thank you all for your message, I train normally so hopefully I be in the squad Saturday...zub is back"

More good news
Oh, big whoop(!)

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 09:17
I'm a Foley fan but he was poor last night, constantly backing off and panicky clearances. He does have a good understanding with Kightly but this was outweighed by some dreadful first touches. Cant help thinking if Zubar had played that Liverpool would not have been allowed to dominate down the right, he's a big old unit is Zubar and wouldn't think twice about a crunching tackle.....probably why he gets injured so much.