View Full Version : Team for the rest of the season

Hoganstolemywife
31-01-2012, 22:14
Right, 4-2-3-1 hasn't worked, back to 4-4-2 again :stupido3:

Hennessey

Foley/Zubar Johnson Bassong Ward

Kightly Frimpong O'hara Jarvis

Fletcher SEB/Doyle

I've got a funny feeling that this will be the best Wolves team I'll see for quite some time. I hope I'm wrong!
That is, in my humble opinion, a good team. It's such a shame that we find ourselves in such a perilous position...sigh:vollkommenauf:.

Anyway, we'll need to beat QPR. If we do, it's back on.

Dorset DeWolf
31-01-2012, 22:16
.........................hennessey................ ....
Zubar............................................W ard
..........Johnson...........Bassong............... ....

.............frimpong............O'Hara........... ....
Kightly........................................... .....jarvis

.........Ebanks Blake.........Fletcher.................

Papper
31-01-2012, 22:25
The season starts next week at QPR and he has to pick his best eleven players (on paper) and come up with a strategy and game plan that utilises their strengths and exploits opponents weaknesses. It's a big ask.

Hennessey, Craddock, O'Hara, Frimpong, Fletcher and Doyle.

The rest are much of a muchness. Maybe Kightly and Ward being the most reliable at this point in time.

StefanWolves
31-01-2012, 22:27
People need to realise this to avoid any future dissapointment -

WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING 442. WE ONLY HAVE 3 STRIKERS.

Read it back again. And again. And again.

Also think of this, if we do go back to 442, Ward moves back to a striker, Elekobi plays left back. Now we don't want that, do we?

AndyP
31-01-2012, 22:29
I genuinely believe a midfield of Jarvis Frimpong Ohara Henry and Kightly is good enough to keep us in this division. What is going to give us the freedom to start playing football again though??

Jonny Bull
31-01-2012, 22:30
It might be the best team you (and me) can come up with, but as Stefan says we won't play 4-4-2 and where the hell is Edwards???!!! Mick cannot start a team without him.

bod101
31-01-2012, 22:42
ohara in a four man midfield?
you're kidding right?
you must be.
in a 5 or a 3 as the advanced midfield player yes, anything involving tracking back forget it.

The Professor
31-01-2012, 22:51
This is why I'm not all doom and gloom. A midfield 5 of Henry, O'Hara, Frimpong, Jarvis and Kightly has good balance to it. Wayne has been playing well, Fletcher knows where the goal is and hopefully Bassong will improve what is a terrible defence. Got to be him, Johnson, Foley and Ward (if only we had a decent left back instead). We can do it.

Papper
31-01-2012, 22:56
ohara in a four man midfield?
you're kidding right?
you must be.
in a 5 or a 3 as the advanced midfield player yes, anything involving tracking back forget it.

O'hara hasn't got the engine so I would play him deeper where he can pass the ball around far more quickly and thoughtfully than Karl Henry could dream of. Frimpong playing in the advanced role. I would tell our full backs to forget getting forward and play our wide midfield players much further forward. We can't defend with five in midfield so far better to press further up the pitch. We have to pass the ball far more quickly and directly and get some pace in behind defences. There has to be a cataclysmic change to our tactics.

Sandwell Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:01
Why drop Berra?

goldfish
31-01-2012, 23:06
O'Hara is an intelligent player when he's got the ball; he's not when we haven't. That's why he'd be a massive risk in a midfield two in this league. I would, perhaps, be tempted to encourage him to play a bit deeper in a midfield three so he could influence the game more - leaving Frimpong to run around in an upmarket Mo Camara sort of way, but I fear that would cut out O'Hara's goalscoring threat.

One thing I think we need to think about harnessing is O'Hara's link up play with Doyle. The two seem to have excellent understanding. I wonder about trying Doyle on the right: whilst he's not going to hug the touchline he does a lot of his best work down the channels (he's set up quite a few goals for us with good crosses) and Kightly could perhaps start on the left.

DawleyWolf
31-01-2012, 23:36
Why drop Berra?

he's been the most consistent defender all season - good again tonite

Arcadius
31-01-2012, 23:51
Berra should not be dropped, he's had a decent season!

StefanWolves
31-01-2012, 23:52
he's been the most consistent defender all season - good again tonite

Yet we conceded three goals