PDA

View Full Version : Mick's post match comments on BBC website

Tettenhall Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:57
Wolves manager Mick McCarthy:

"We were doing OK, had a corner and didn't mark on the edge of the box and defended poorly for it. That lifted them.

"We've had so many knock-backs that it's bound to be a huge disappointment and the reaction was that. I was trying to get fresh legs on - because of the shape we couldn't get the ball back.

"[The fans' reaction] is fully understood and the last 35 minutes were unacceptable. We were getting a real chasing but they're a great bunch of lads, work their socks off for me and the club, and the shape that I had was making it difficult.

"But I was never going to accept keeping it 4-5-1, defend, and lose 2-0 so I take the blame for the last 35 minutes."

Phys Ed Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:00
No Mick. You should take the blame for the whole season so far. I've finally snapped. Time to go Mick.

Thank you Sir Jack

"We were doing OK, had a corner and didn't mark on the edge of the box and defended poorly for it. That lifted them.

"We've had so many knock-backs that it's bound to be a huge disappointment and the reaction was that. I was trying to get fresh legs on - because of the shape we couldn't get the ball back.

"[The fans' reaction] is fully understood and the last 35 minutes were unacceptable. We were getting a real chasing but they're a great bunch of lads, work their socks off for me and the club, and the shape that I had was making it difficult.

"But I was never going to accept keeping it 4-5-1, defend, and lose 2-0 so I take the blame for the last 35 minutes."

What shape was the ball? Round, I presume. Lame excuse.

Hsvwolf
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

he's lost it....

Burlton Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:02
taxi for mick enough thank you

Hatch End
31-01-2012, 23:03
He sounded dreary, dismal and resigned....but unfortunately he hasn't actually resigned!

wolf97
31-01-2012, 23:03
$$$$ off McCarthy.

Bumbamuffin
31-01-2012, 23:04
Sick of reading his tired rubbish.

Golden_Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:07
Nothing is going to change so who cares.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:08
Sick of the excuses and waffle. Thanks for getting us promoted Mick but please go now!

Professional
31-01-2012, 23:09
Seriously, $$$$ off Mick. $$$$ offf

Super Ted
31-01-2012, 23:16

I think Liverpool worked harder than us tonight. They closed us down, forced mistakes and got men up to support their attacks.

Oaky65
31-01-2012, 23:19
Thanks for all you've done Mick
but I don't think you take us any further

SmokeyGB
31-01-2012, 23:23
Off to bed, I hope to see the news that either
a) Mick has been sacked.
b) Press con for 10 am to say Mick has been sacked

Stratman Wolves
31-01-2012, 23:23
I'm done being angry and calling for Mick to go. It's just not going to happen, so whatever. $$$$ off Mick, I'm tired of reading his comments.

Stafford Elvis
31-01-2012, 23:25

I agree I cannot understand the attitude of gratitude that we owe Mick!

He was paid to get us promoted and he did a great job!!

He's past it now we need to move on, we might as well play Bully ahead of Fletcher!!

mrbiffolives
31-01-2012, 23:27
Just seen in on MOTD, the last part of his interview he looked genuinely upset... first time I've seen his face like that...

I almost felt sorry for him.

Thank you Sir Jack
31-01-2012, 23:28

Oh yes he can - still not bottom.

MK Panther
31-01-2012, 23:30
He has to go that was poor and whenever people say who could we get that is better it was plain to see on Match of the Day. Marking poor, people not tracking back and realising the danger. Allowing players to run into the heart of whatever defence we have. Mick and Clippy have been sussed, but that is not going to happen. Players respond to strategy, tactics, ambitions and enthusiasm from their manager, Mick seems to have lost it all.

wolf97
31-01-2012, 23:30
If he is as down as he looked then why doesn't he just resign??

WV8 Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:31
from the match of day interview think he knows hes off

London Wolves
31-01-2012, 23:31
I was thinking tonight he might walk.

Lose the next 2 games and that will be it!

WV8 Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:33
who knows tomorrow morning i might choke on me cornflakes if he does resign

306NOTOUT
31-01-2012, 23:33
Can I just say something totally $$$$ing stupid and laughable.

But I blame the Ball boy for the first goal. What the $$$$ was he doing throwing the ball straight back to Bellamy when they were 2 on 1 against Foley. The cross come over and bang 1-0

Everyone round me was laughing at me for going mental as soon as he gave Bellamy the ball but try weren't 20 seconds later

mexy
31-01-2012, 23:34
bye bye mick

JOSWolf
I'm afraid I cant see any reason for Mick or Clipboard being here any longer. Please leave now as if this keeps up I hate to think how the crowd will react to you if we play like that against the $$$$!
Why is he still here? Can Morgan please answer me that.

wolf97

But I blame the Ball boy for the first goal. What the $$$$ was he doing throwing the ball straight back to Bellamy when they were 2 on 1 against Foley. The cross come over and bang 1-0

Everyone round me was laughing at me for going mental as soon as he gave Bellamy the ball but try weren't 20 seconds later

Are you being serious?

Lanky Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:36
To be honest, I admire him for admitting to the error he made tactics wise in the last 35 minutes. After tonight I also believe it's not just the manager who deserves a clip round the ear, but the players deserve one too! I don't agree with the abuse the fans gave the board and manager at the end by the tunnel however. Absolutely disgraceful.

Henry Palfrey
31-01-2012, 23:43
He said that 35 mins in the 2nd half were unacceptable...but didn't say what he was going to do about it.

But then so was Swansea, Newcastle and QPR and they were months ago.

Papper
31-01-2012, 23:43
Not much he could say. Cometh the hour cometh the man and all that. The worst thing any of them can do is drop their heads and feel self pity. McCarthy has to pick them up, cajole them and lead them to survival. They can do it - I don't have any of them down as cowards. Fight for your lives.

PS What sort of a cretin takes a Mac Out banner to the game before we even kick off ? I'm up for it and so should we all. Get behind them more than ever.

Bankswolf II
31-01-2012, 23:45
I don't agree with the abuse the fans gave the board and manager at the end by the tunnel however. Absolutely disgraceful.

I think the fans have been very patient and even Mick has said minus the swansea game they have been fantastic

Yet we are still 19th and with no real idea on how to improve its only right for the fans to demonstrate the way they did, it cost a lot of money to go to games nowadays and I honestly watching the game today would react exactly the same way if I could get tickets

Surrey Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:46
not much he could say. Cometh the hour cometh the man and all that. The worst thing any of them can do is drop their heads and feel self pity. Mccarthy has to pick them up, cajole them and lead them to survival. They can do it - i don't have any of them down as cowards. Fight for your lives.

Ps what sort of a cretin takes a mac out banner to the game before we even kick off ? I'm up for it and so should we all. Get behind them more than ever.

+1

Bull Army
31-01-2012, 23:46

Least someone at the club is getting the right training. Just saw the highlights, don't even think he was given the ball straight back, Bellamy had time to have a little sign andpat a LP sub on the back before throwing it out.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:47
I think the fans have been very patient and even Mick has said minus the swansea game they have been fantastic

Yet we are still 19th and with no real idea on how to improve its only right for the fans to demonstrate the way they did, it cost a lot of money to go to games nowadays and I honestly watching the game today would react exactly the same way if I could get tickets

+1. Morgan and McCarthy fully deserved the stick they got tonight.

Padraig
31-01-2012, 23:47
To be honest, I admire him for admitting to the error he made tactics wise in the last 35 minutes. After tonight I also believe it's not just the manager who deserves a clip round the ear, but the players deserve one too! I don't agree with the abuse the fans gave the board and manager at the end by the tunnel however. Absolutely disgraceful.

A clip round the ear isn't going to keep us up

Clapham Wolf
31-01-2012, 23:51
These comments from the Guardian seem pretty telling as well, especially the last two sentences. Knows he's on his way?

"Watching that second half was unacceptable," said McCarthy. "The lads are hurting as well. We've been beaten by a considerably better side who've just beaten Manchester City and Manchester United. After the last game there were rumours I wasn't going to be here. I can't imagine there being any less this time."

wolf97
01-02-2012, 00:09
These comments from the Guardian seem pretty telling as well, especially the last two sentences. Knows he's on his way?

"Watching that second half was unacceptable," said McCarthy. "The lads are hurting as well. We've been beaten by a considerably better side who've just beaten Manchester City and Manchester United. After the last game there were rumours I wasn't going to be here. I can't imagine there being any less this time."

One can only hope.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 00:11

McCarthy conveniently forgets there that this Liverpool side, including Gerrard, lost 3-1 at Bolton a couple of weeks ago.

Bull Army
01-02-2012, 00:14

Yes Mick, 2 games in 4 days where they run themselves into the ground to win those games, whilst we were out effing paintballing. What should have been a tough away game against a refreshed team fighting for their lives turned out to be another leisurely stroll round Molineux.

Pengwern
01-02-2012, 00:21
I've just seen their 3rd goal and Berra initially chased after Kaut, who had far too much space wide on the right. Then, when Kaut passed the ball inside, Berra followed the ball, like Primary kids do. It was then passed out to Kaut again and Berra turns to run in that direction. When the pass was made out to Kaut, THREE defenders had been sucked into the middle, leaving Kaut loads of time and space.

Now, I am sure Mick must point out this kind of mistake when they go through the vid of games, so either he doesn't and should go or he does and Berra and co just can't learn.

We now have Bassong and maybe he can tell his partner DURING THE GAME where to run and where not to run.

I've now called for Mick to go, which will surprise some, but whether he does or not, this kind of schoolboy defending has to be cut out.

luckyjim
01-02-2012, 00:35
Mick $$$$ off, Bob the Builder $$$$ off, Moxey $$$$ off

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 00:46
I've just seen their 3rd goal and Berra initially chased after Kaut, who had far too much space wide on the right. Then, when Kaut passed the ball inside, Berra followed the ball, like Primary kids do. It was then passed out to Kaut again and Berra turns to run in that direction. When the pass was made out to Kaut, THREE defenders had been sucked into the middle, leaving Kaut loads of time and space.

Now, I am sure Mick must point out this kind of mistake when they go through the vid of games, so either he doesn't and should go or he does and Berra and co just can't learn.

We now have Bassong and maybe he can tell his partner DURING THE GAME where to run and where not to run.

I've now called for Mick to go, which will surprise some, but whether he does or not, this kind of schoolboy defending has to be cut out.

It wont be corrected. We never seem to eradicate constant poor defending under McCarthy.

hristisenas
01-02-2012, 01:05
After almost 3 years in the premiership our nakedness was plain for everybody to see tonight. Slow, cumbersome, no movement off the ball and more than half of the team unable to control the ball or pass forward to a team mate. Our sole strategy is hoof and run aimlessly. This is a terrible indictment of the McCarthy reign and it pains me no end. I can't remember feeling this low and being totally devoid of hope under this manager. Enough is enough.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 01:07
After almost 3 years in the premiership our nakedness was plain for everybody to see tonight. Slow, cumbersome, no movement off the ball and more than half of the team unable to control the ball or pass forward to a team mate. Our sole strategy is hoof and run aimlessly. This is a terrible indictment of the McCarthy reign and it pains me no end. I can't remember feeling this low and being totally devoid of hope under this manager. Enough is enough.

I agree with you. Its sad in a way as Mick did get us promoted but I think he has certainly reached his sell by date. We look very stale!

Timberwolf
01-02-2012, 02:03
Let's not forget his time in the Premier League with Sunderland Papper. Mick has had 5 or 6 seasons in the top flight and when has he produced a side to comfortably compete. You're wishing for a polished turd I'm afraid.
Mick has had enough chances, we'll always back The Wolves but not the way it's run.

nobull
01-02-2012, 07:44
I blame Morgan in part for last nights performance. The decision to cancel the rebuild of the stadium [shouldnt have started it until the team was better placed] has had a negative impact on all aspects of the club. It is also a slap in the face for the players as it is basically the Chaiman saying we are down and I need to rethink our plans.

Lack of confidence from the top is not good busines! Hardly a rallying call to the troops when the Chairman throws in the towel.

we love jez moxey
01-02-2012, 08:11
i really don't know what the answer is to be honest, but if Morgan were to sack him now he'd look a right idiot.

At the start of the season everything looked so positive, dig out some threads after the Fulham game..

I really like Mick, I think he is exactly what the football club needed. If I were him I seriously would consider throwing the towel in, lost the fans (mac out??? WTF is what all about?? i'd have set fire to it if i'd have seen it), and all he gets is a could of loans and a very poor midfielder from hearts.

If ever there was a time to take the shackles off and back him properly, this was it. I'm not one for conspiracies, but Morgan has left me scratching my head, he had 2 options, give Mick some proper cash, or sack Mick and give it to someone else. He did neither and now we are in a whole heap of crap.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 08:18
Sometimes you just get Stale as a club and need fresh ideas. Look at Sunderland under Bruce they were sliding down the league. A change of direction and ideas has done them no harm has it?. Also I think if a new manager was to come in it would give the squad a kick up the bum. We all know roughly 8/9 of the 11 that play every week . A new manager coming in then those players may just up the level a few percent .

we love jez moxey
01-02-2012, 08:24
Sometimes you just get Stale as a club and need fresh ideas. Look at Sunderland under Bruce they were sliding down the league. A change of direction and ideas has done them no harm has it?. Also I think if a new manager was to come in it would give the squad a kick up the bum. We all know roughly 8/9 of the 11 that play every week . A new manager coming in then those players may just up the level a few percent .

Maybe you're right. I just can't think of a manager thats available.

freezin
01-02-2012, 08:28

Im very much pro Mick but last night wasnt good enough by a lobg long way. im resigned to going down after that but i cant think of anyone better to manage at champ level... unless it is the 'stale' factor.

Papper
01-02-2012, 08:36
Let's not forget his time in the Premier League with Sunderland Papper. Mick has had 5 or 6 seasons in the top flight and when has he produced a side to comfortably compete. You're wishing for a polished turd I'm afraid.
Mick has had enough chances, we'll always back The Wolves but not the way it's run.

I think many a manager would have failed with what he had to work with at Sunderland so it's a bit of a red herring. I felt they should have made a change a few weeks before christmas and I based that on the back end of last season and the first ten or so of this. I now believe our only hope of staying up is with Mick and those players need to respond to him. He needs to start pulling a few rabbits out of the hat and get some help in alongside himself and Connor. Extra inspiration instead of a reliance of perspiration. We were picked off like turkeys last night, after our usual first half rush of wind.

Brandons gramps
01-02-2012, 08:39
Struggle to see a manager available that will keep us up now.

If we're doomed, we might as well stick with Mick and he'll get us back up next season - then replace him !

HowfenWolf
01-02-2012, 08:57
Times are changing - if we went down, we'd struggle in the chumpionship. Even that league has been 'blessed' with cash. Leicester, Southampton, now Reading etc.
Our 'football' has little/no place in the modern game

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 09:12
Not much he could say. Cometh the hour cometh the man and all that. The worst thing any of them can do is drop their heads and feel self pity. McCarthy has to pick them up, cajole them and lead them to survival. They can do it - I don't have any of them down as cowards. Fight for your lives.

PS What sort of a cretin takes a Mac Out banner to the game before we even kick off ? I'm up for it and so should we all. Get behind them more than ever.

He looked a cretin and is probably unable to spell McCarthy.

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 09:14
Im very much pro Mick but last night wasnt good enough by a lobg long way. im resigned to going down after that but i cant think of anyone better to manage at champ level... unless it is the 'stale' factor.

I have some sympathy with what you are saying, but even though he might well get us straight back up (but I am far from certain about that), I think it has all gone a bit stale to say the least and even if we stay up, I would be inclined to get rid of him, much as I like him.

Marvin
01-02-2012, 10:27
He looked a cretin and is probably unable to spell McCarthy.

To be fair, he did well to misspell "Mc" :)

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 10:33
I don't think he'll get us back up next season.
Mick and Clipboard's brand of pre-historic football will be out of place in the top half of the Championship......if they get us up that high!

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:34
I think Liverpool worked harder than us tonight. They closed us down, forced mistakes and got men up to support their attacks.

This

I was surprised but they worked much harder than us in all departments of the pitch. They ran their socks off more than we did, they tracked back and there movement at all times to create space was a world away from where we are today.

Yes they have better quality players but they always seemed to have an extra man, a counted them twice and they didnt they just worked harder than us.

Bellamy ran the show, showed eergy just like Edwards but also had the end product as well with both pass and touch. He is a fine footballer and showed what we miss. His movement, touch, pass, shoot on goal and raw speed ripped us apart.

But it was Liverpools desire to win that shone through. They won every 50 50 ball and they worked as a team to stamp us out. They were stronger on the ball.......

I think I will stop now...I am getting even more depressed

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 10:38
I blame Morgan in part for last nights performance. The decision to cancel the rebuild of the stadium [shouldnt have started it until the team was better placed] has had a negative impact on all aspects of the club. It is also a slap in the face for the players as it is basically the Chaiman saying we are down and I need to rethink our plans.

Lack of confidence from the top is not good busines! Hardly a rallying call to the troops when the Chairman throws in the towel.

This

Poor PR has affected the troops and the plaayers on the pitch. Should have just announced the North Bank re-development and left the Steve Bull as a later project.

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 10:44
To be fair, he did well to misspell "Mc" :)

Indeed, was probably struggling after 'M'!