PDA

View Full Version : Eggert Jonsson

Sedgley Gold N Black
31-01-2012, 21:23
$$$$ me he's $$$$e. He must be on drugs cos he seemed to be passing to people I couldn't see on the pitch.

When he fell over the ball was just comical. I didn't know wether to laugh or cry it was that bad.

He's the only player we've spent money on this window what a way to show our ambition.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 21:24
Laughable signing. He wasnt even getting regular games for Hearts!
Who else wanted him apart from us?

PREM.L.L
31-01-2012, 21:26
$$$$ me he's $$$$e. He must be on drugs cos he seemed to be passing to people I couldn't see on the pitch.

When he fell over the ball was just comical. I didn't know wether to laugh or cry it was that bad.

He's the only player we've spent money on this window what a way to show our ambition.

He was bloody poor tonight. It throws me back to DJ's time when he thought "Here we go we'll have a good go" then to be told "Nah Dave you've only got a couple of million, but hey that guy from the FA cup final's available!"

Skonsengwolf
31-01-2012, 21:28
We was awful tonight. A shame really, I so hoped he would be good, but no...

Black Coffee
31-01-2012, 21:29
He was just as bad as the other 9 donkeys on show tonight a bit unfair to pick on him solely they were all $$$$.

sedgwolf1980
31-01-2012, 21:30
Name me one other premiership side since its conception in 1992 that eggbert and Edwards would get into?

I defy anyone to be able answer this question.

I'm better than both of them and I'm $$$$.

Monkey Man
31-01-2012, 21:31
He was awful but so was our saviour Frimpong tonight. A right pair of Aces picked up in the window.

nobull
31-01-2012, 21:31
Shocking debut no pace cant pass and looks lost going forward. Big hole in the middle and missed Henry.

JakeWolves
31-01-2012, 21:39
Name me one other premiership side since its conception in 1992 that eggbert and Edwards would get into?

Derby 07/08
Watford 99/00
Leicester 01/02

Take your pick.

I was going to say Sunderland as well but was worried that would play into your hands.

hollo
31-01-2012, 21:43
Eggert ******* jonnson. crock of ****

Dorset DeWolf
31-01-2012, 21:46
Yeah $$$$ off egg you're $$$$

sedgwolf1980
31-01-2012, 21:46
Derby 07/08
Watford 99/00
Leicester 01/02

Take your pick.

I was going to say Sunderland as well but was worried that would play into your hands.

Sorry mate, but I disagree. Maybe one of them, occasionally. But no way both at the same time.

Dave Edwards pretty much encapsulates everything that is wrong with MMs management. Effort over talent all day long. He is truly the ultimate headless chicken.

Wulve5
31-01-2012, 21:48
What do you really expect from second rate team in a pub league . He is so crap it's laughable.

Bugsy911
31-01-2012, 21:52
OMG how bad was he tonight....

Surrey Wolf
31-01-2012, 21:53
tonights game was not the one for him to make his league debut in

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 21:54
Eggy wouldnt get in many championship sides, never mind the prem. I cant believe we have signed this player!

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 21:55
tonights game was not the one for him to make his league debut in

Your right. Maybe send him on loan to Stevenage?!

yateleywolf
31-01-2012, 21:56
Have to agree...be back up to Scotland soon i suspect as he`s awful.

Hsvwolf
31-01-2012, 21:57
Not his fault he is here.....but FFS, what does Mad Mick see in players that no one else does.........

Can't get me head round why send a guy, who knows the set up and played OK at this level, on loan to Forest to be replaced with an unproven novice from a pub league

Stafford Elvis
31-01-2012, 22:00
Shocking debut no pace cant pass and looks lost going forward. Big hole in the middle and missed Henry.

I don't think Eggy is all he's cracked up to be:goodnight:

EdwardLoxdale
Give him a run of games. Liverpool is hardly the team to judge your premiership debut against. I still think he will be a good signing. His versatility will come in use.

Netherton Wolf
So do some on here still not want Henry to pull on a Wolves Shirt again????

We missed him tonight, god help us if the Egg is playing against QPR and WBA:goodnight:

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 22:09
Give him a run of games. Liverpool is hardly the team to judge your premiership debut against. I still think he will be a good signing. His versatility will come in use.

No. He will not get better, he was $$$$ing awfull. When he had the ball, even in space he panicked, didn't even look up and smashed it anywhere...he reminded me of an 8yr old playing in a team for the first time.

Karl Henry looked like Xavi compared to this "one for the future"

Dewolf
31-01-2012, 22:11
Sorry mate, but I disagree. Maybe one of them, occasionally. But no way both at the same time.

Dave Edwards pretty much encapsulates everything that is wrong with MMs management. Effort over talent all day long. He is truly the ultimate headless chicken.

Swindon as well. Rather than try and justify it, can't you just admit you didn't make a very good point?

EdwardLoxdale
31-01-2012, 22:14
No. He will not get better, he was $$$$ing awfull. When he had the ball, even in space he panicked, didn't even look up and smashed it anywhere...he reminded me of an 8yr old playing in a team for the first time.

Karl Henry looked like Xavi compared to this "one for the future"

That's your opinion and my opinion is he has potential and I like some of the passes/runs I have seen him do. The great thing about football is everyone sees different things in different players.

those were the days
31-01-2012, 22:15
This might be all wrong but my hunch is part of the Berra fee was club/international appearance related, which hadn't yet been triggered/paid. Hearts came to us in desperation asking if we could pay early. They may have also offered to give-up any sell-on clause. We declined but they came back and offered to chuck in a player, essentially for free/minimum amount. We agreed as we were short in cover at DM, in case the Frimpong loan fell through and because we figured the guy should have some re-sale value.

Rhoswolf
31-01-2012, 22:15
Seen some poor mid-field players in my time Dale Rudge, Ian Cartwright et al, but take a bow eggy in 54 years - you are the worst!!

Thank you Sir Jack
31-01-2012, 22:16
But he was cheap as Jez ("the vulture")* Moxey would say - "never mind the quality feel the width."
* (from his habit of swooping on dead or dying clubs to steal bargains)

Saltyjim
31-01-2012, 22:25
This might be all wrong but my hunch is part of the Berra fee was club/international appearance related, which hadn't yet been triggered/paid. Hearts came to us in desperation asking if we could pay early. They may have also offered to give-up any sell-on clause. We declined but they came back and offered to chuck in a player, essentially for free/minimum amount. We agreed as we were short in cover at DM, in case the Frimpong loan fell through and because we figured the guy should have some re-sale value.
Not a bad theory, but I suspect it was more likely that Jez followed our trend of signing players from clubs in financial difficulties, or looking to offload following relegation. Loads of examples - Vokes from Bournemouth, Foley and Edwards from Luton, Hunt and Mouyokoulo from Hull and Rog from Blues. Unfortunately, such a policy limits the clubs we are buying from.

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 22:44
The guy has not had a chance. It was his PL debut at home against Liverpool. You could see he was nervous and took an extra touch just to make sure that he had control.

It really didn't help that people were shouting abuse at him 10/15 minutes into the game.

Some of our so called supporters are SPL class too.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:45
The guy has not had a chance. It was his PL debut at home against Liverpool. You could see he was nervous and took an extra touch just to make sure that he had control.

It really didn't help that people were shouting abuse at him 10/15 minutes into the game.

Lets all blame the fans!:rolleyes:

EdwardLoxdale
31-01-2012, 22:46

+1. Good post.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 22:50

You keep deluding yourself, he wasn't a bit part player for Hearts for no reason. This isn't an 18yr old making a debut, he is in his twenties and offered absolutely nothing, compare that to 19yr old Frimpong that looked better than anyone else in the team tonight.

You seriously want him to have a run of games? you think that all of a sudden he wont stop panicking and belting the ball anywhere, getting rid as soon as he could....this may have been a Premier League debut but he looked equally as ineffective against the Blues.

wolf97
31-01-2012, 22:50
Your right. Maybe send him on loan to Stevenage?!

We'll be playing against them next season so no point

Rhoswolf
31-01-2012, 22:52

Yep, all the fans fault! he had no positional sense, just marked space, little movement, no involvement just "marked" the centre circle but why not blame the fans.

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 22:56
Yep, all the fans fault! he had no positional sense, just marked space, little movement, no involvement just "marked" the centre circle but why not blame the fans.

I didn't blame the fans, I am just pointing out that the guy needs to have a chance as much as anyone. He has come into a struggling team. All I am saying is give him a break

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 22:57
yep, all the fans fault! He had no positional sense, just marked space, little movement, no involvement just "marked" the centre circle but why not blame the fans.

+1

jackdusty
31-01-2012, 23:00
I didn't blame the fans, I am just pointing out that the guy needs to have a chance as much as anyone. He has come into a struggling team. All I am saying is give him a break
I am not blaming him for being poor,i will blame the man who signed him and put him in that position in the first place,but it doesn't luck good for the championship either as he didn't pull up any trees in 2 games against blues.

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 23:02
I am not blaming him for being poor,i will blame the man who signed him and put him in that position in the first place,but it doesn't luck good for the championship either as he didn't pull up any trees in 2 games against blues.

You may be proved right, he may end up at ICT, who knows?

On the other hand....give him a few months...and then who knows?

goldfish
31-01-2012, 23:08
He looked very handsome when he was sat on the bench after being substituted. He and Berra are really rocking the side parting. Perhaps Scott Parker would like to join us to complete the dapper 50s gentleman look.

Oldgold Wolfcub
31-01-2012, 23:22
Its not Eggies fault. We know that for years we have needed a midfield general to hold the team together. Most of our defensive problems come from a lack of leadership and these are the areas that need sorting.
This transfer in should never have happened.

luckyjim
31-01-2012, 23:39
Thrown in at the deep end and didn't disgrace himself. Ok that's not what we need right now, but his performance wasn't much worse than many of Henry's.

woolleybear
31-01-2012, 23:43
Whether he is good enough or not we cant tell yet, lets not slate the bloke unti he has had a good go. Its not case of blaming the fans, but we need to support our players, particularly new ones tht necessarily haven't done anything wrong yet.

If he is out of his depth, its not the players fault anyway!

Barnet Wolves
31-01-2012, 23:49

I defy anyone to be able answer this question.

I'm better than both of them and I'm $$$$.

Swindon, Derby, Sunderland when Mick was in charge

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 23:50
Thrown in at the deep end and didn't disgrace himself. Ok that's not what we need right now, but his performance wasn't much worse than many of Henry's.

You can't be serious.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 23:52
Whether he is good enough or not we cant tell yet, lets not slate the bloke unti he has had a good go. Its not case of blaming the fans, but we need to support our players, particularly new ones tht necessarily haven't done anything wrong yet.

If he is out of his depth, its not the players fault anyway!

Yeah, lets all have a group hug and be touchy , feely. lets give him until the end of the season and we are relegted before deciding. Not saying its his fault at all but it is patently obvious that he isnt what we need now.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:57
Does anyone think David Davis or Guedioura would have been better than Eggy tonight?

woolleybear
01-02-2012, 00:05
Yeah, lets all have a group hug and be touchy , feely. lets give him until the end of the season and we are relegted before deciding. Not saying its his fault at all but it is patently obvious that he isnt what we need now.

Not saying that. Clearly saying that the lad doesn't need the fans on this back before he has had proper chance to prove himself.

I know we dont necessarily have time to let him bed in, but if mick chooses him lets get behind him rather than slating him. I do agree fully that he is not the player to turn us around, and does show lack of ambition from the club generally.

Adrian_Monk
01-02-2012, 00:13
On par with Paul Jones, the frizzy haired midfielder we brought in from Walsall a few years ago. He is about as bad as it gets.

MK Panther
01-02-2012, 00:15
It could have been Messi, would have made no difference, we have reduced Doyle, Milijas, Hunt, Johnson, Hammill, SEB and Jarvis to passengers, leave the guy alone Wolves went hunting for him, nothing we can say or do can ease the pain of him knowing this is possibly one of the worst footballing sides in all four leagues at the moment. I would back virtually all teams to beat us at the present time.

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 00:26
yeah lets all slag off the new lad.
if Henry was playing we would have won like we did last Saturday and have been all season .....................oh wait...........

We could have Messi, wouldn't make a difference, give it a few games and Frimpong will start resembling Dave Edwards.

The team is shot, no idea, devoid of idea, no pass and move, no one two's, no creativity, no forward drive, $$$$ all, zilce, nada, RELEGATION.

arctic rime
01-02-2012, 00:28
not good enough

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 00:30
He surely cant play on Saturday can he?

sedgwolf1980
01-02-2012, 05:15
Swindon, Derby, Sunderland when Mick was in charge

Not that I agree with the sides you and a few others have mentioned, but it would appear the general consensus on here is in 20 years if this league existing there are only 3-4 sides maximum that 2 of our starting midfield would get into. One of which was a side created by our esteemed manager.

Throw in the fact that eggbert has been signed as the answer to our prayers in the jan window and that chicken Dave could lose both legs, sight in one eye, suffer from severe vertigo yet mick would still start him next game then you will have to forgive me for not feeling too upbeat about our chances.

Mugwump
01-02-2012, 05:30
I dont know why, but i feel really sorry for Eggert. He has been thrown to the Wolves ( no pun intended ) by McCarthy. He is going to cop the fans frustrations at our lack of transfer market activity as he clearly isnt cut out for the Premier League. ITs not his fault and all he can do is his best.

Akaman
01-02-2012, 05:39
Swindon as well. Rather than try and justify it, can't you just admit you didn't make a very good point?

Didn't Swindon have Hoddle as manager? There's no way he'd pick either of those clowns. For all his faults he liked to play FOOTBALL.

SanFranWolf
01-02-2012, 05:42
Its not Eggies fault. We know that for years we have needed a midfield general to hold the team together. Most of our defensive problems come from a lack of leadership and these are the areas that need sorting.
This transfer in should never have happened.

I agree with this - it's not the poor blokes fault at all, the transfer should never have happened in the first place.

If anything Mick and whoever scouted him should be getting all the carp on this thread delivered to their door.

Hopefully we'll have O'Hara back soon.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 05:48
Guedioura has been judged by 2 starts and 8 sub appearances . Jonnson has had 3 starts and not looked much different. I hope the lad does well for us but you can normally see an extra bit of quality when you have it straight away. Look at Robbie Keane, Lescott and Frimpong . You can see they have an extra level of class something I don't see in Eggbert .

nobull
01-02-2012, 06:02
Guedioura has been judged by 2 starts and 8 sub appearances . Jonnson has had 3 starts and not looked much different. I hope the lad does well for us but you can normally see an extra bit of quality when you have it straight away. Look at Robbie Keane, Lescott and Frimpong . You can see they have an extra level of class something I don't see in Eggbert .

+1Z
Agree 100% from behind the goal i thouight it was an own goal. I still cant understand why we played so poorly last night. Its almost as if the players have thrown the towel in because they feel like they are down.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 06:07
+1Z
Agree 100% from behind the goal i thouight it was an own goal. I still cant understand why we played so poorly last night. Its almost as if the players have thrown the towel in because they feel like they are down.

To many players that are inconsistent in the squad. All our players apart from Hen ( shocking last night though) Ward and Fletcher have blown hot and cold all season . Frimpong has looked good in the games played . So if you say 3 decent players and your goal keeper that leaves 7 inconsistent players on the pitch , which will not keep us up IMO.

reanswolf
01-02-2012, 06:47
I can't imagine a Stoke or WBA side puchasing a squad midfielder from Hearts and playing him V Liverpool. Not his fault, this is typical Wolves. Expecting a punto engine to run a Rolls Royce.

WBA or Stoke fans would be equally as disllusioned as us.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 06:50
Eggert Jonsson (Off 61') - 5
Jonsson had an awful game and offered absolutely nothing to the Wolves attack going forward. He was overrun and dominated in midfield by Liverpool's central pairing and it was no surprise to see manager Mick McCarthy hauling him off from the match after an hour.

Rocky_Balllboa
01-02-2012, 07:08
He will not even make the squad as soon as players return, what a waste of the palty fee we paid

Numpty
01-02-2012, 07:13
I hope any player we sign does well , I just think this bloke is the sort of signing a struggerling champ side would have made that did not have a lot of funds. I don't see the logic in getting a player as back up for Henry. Surely we should be buying a player so Henry is the back up.

Bend It Like Dennison
01-02-2012, 07:39
THE WORST PLAYER TO PULL ON A WOLVES SHIRT SINCE KEVIN O'CONNOR.

God knows what Hammill, Gued, Milijas and even the on loan Davis must think of the fact that this guy has virtually walked into our first 11.

Anyone still glad Henry is out for another 2 games?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Careful what you wish for.

$$$$ing terrible player.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 07:52
I didn't think he was the worst player for us by a long chalk, as usual many fans had made their minds up before he'd kicked a ball. He played some nice passes, got into good positions, he messed up on the opening goal a little, but aren't centre halfs meant to pick up centre forwards?

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 07:53
. I don't see the logic in getting a player as back up for Henry. Surely we should be buying a player so Henry is the back up.

Agree totally with that point though!

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 07:58

We shouldn't be signing players who will need a run of games to see if they are good enough, because we are in the $$$$ and don't have time for that!

FRAZ-WOLF
01-02-2012, 08:04
did alright first half looked lost in the second was like a rabbit in the headlights last night should of kept guedioura... mad mick strikes again!

Bend It Like Dennison
01-02-2012, 08:09
as usual many fans had made their minds up before he'd kicked a ball

You're wrong.

He was a bit part player for an average SPL team, so we had an idea he might not be up to it.

He was then over run not once but TWICE by a Blues midfield with who in it exactly??

Then he walks straight into our team ahead of Milijas and Gued who is sent out on loan who for all their faults have at least looked like Premiership players at some stages of their fleeting Molineux careers.

Jonsson never was, nor will he ever be.

North West Wanderer
01-02-2012, 08:11
He wasn't that bad! Looks like a tidy player if lacking physically. Hardly an easy game for him.

wallace
01-02-2012, 08:14
why expect a player from the scottish league to come into a championship side, that we are and shine against a liverpool side who are playing well. the way we played last night said championship all over it as we lay down and let the other team have its way.

Akaman
01-02-2012, 08:15
He wasn't that bad! Looks like a tidy player if lacking physically. Hardly an easy game for him.

By tidy player I presume you're referring to his haircut.

Treswolf
01-02-2012, 08:18
Not his fault but how the **** can he be considered better than gued?

Two mediocre performances against blues and straight into the prem team, a case of MM justifying the purchase..joke

JR's Boots
01-02-2012, 08:31
Who ever scouted this bloke should be sacked.

I can only presume Mick picked him to allow Henry to walk back into the team. I can't believe any other PL club are as badly run as we are on the playing side.

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 09:37
Mick bought him to make Henry look good?

TheRetroChief
01-02-2012, 09:53
Anyone know how Guediourra got on?

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 10:11
Anyone know how Guediourra got on?

The general Forest view of his first game for them, in summary, is this:

Looked lively
Worked hard
Didn't track back, kept getting caught too far up the pitch
Gave the ball away too easily
Wanted to shoot at every opportunity
A pretty mixed bag all in all, but think they thought he looked ok.

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 10:32
The general Forest view of his first game for them, in summary, is this:

Looked lively
Worked hard
Didn't track back, kept getting caught too far up the pitch
Gave the ball away too easily
Wanted to shoot at every opportunity
A pretty mixed bag all in all, but think they thought he looked ok.

A good summary of what we all think of him really!

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 10:45

A couple of particular quotes I liked were:

Wolves lad looked pretty good first half, very random second half
and

Guedioura seems to like shooting a little TOO much. As the game wore on he was shooting from increasing distance with decreasing accuracy.

mikic
01-02-2012, 12:07
I feel sorry for him. I'm $$$$ at football, but if i was given the chance to play for wwfc i think id cry and run myself into the ground, swiftly before being subbed on 40" with fatigue. I think he was played to justify his fee by MM, which is a shame as he needs time to develop in to our team

StefanWolves
01-02-2012, 12:08
I thought he was eggcelent last night

mikic
01-02-2012, 12:12
When he was subbed MM looked like he had egg on his face

Bend It Like Dennison
01-02-2012, 12:54
Straight from the frying pan and in to the fire eh??

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:05
It was not a good Premier League debut by any means however he was up against a good Liverpool side and he did look nervous.

I for one will give him some more games before he is given to the Wolves as many on here have already done but I conceed he did not have a good game.

That said there were others in the Old Gold and Black shirt with much more experience who also had poor games:

Foley
Johnson

Players who were OK but not as good as they were against Villa

Frimpong
Kites
Jarvis
Ward

Only Fletcher, Hennessey, Berra and Edwards had decent games so to judge the guy on one game is harsh

Come on the Wolves

goldeneyed
01-02-2012, 13:15
I feel sorry for Jonsson - he is being made a scapegoat and should never have played against Liverpool. Weird signing altogether. I only wish McCarthy would give Guedioura a chance but he sends him off on a season long loan. Incredible. Incompetent.

bridgnorthwolf
01-02-2012, 13:19

Here's another quote:

Reserve judgement too much given that he's only just got here - certainly looked keen, but also like a headless chicken. A few nice tricks but ultimately running in the wrong direction and awful finishing / decision making. Might come good though, who knows?

I'd be amazed if he doesn't get a red card with the way he flies into tackles completely uncontrolled. I was surprised he didn't pick up at least a booking today.

Again, echoes many of our thoughts about him. Also just been told that he was given their man of the match last night, but also told that didn't really mean a lot.

General consensus is "an above average player in a the middle of a shower of $$$$e"

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:26
I actually feel a little sorry for Jonsson. He has come to the club with all the usual waffling BS and hype, Icelandic international, plays a few positions, played in the SPL blah blah blah.

Come on folks and be honest who really thought he would be that good taking into account the awful level he has been playing in the SPL. Even the so called top two sides would struggle in the N Power league against the better sides.

He was against a top side on a high and Mick, again, has to accept a large chunk of blame for even thinking of playing the bloke in such a game.

How many more times does it need saying that quality is needed over quantity.

Japan Wulf
01-02-2012, 13:28
Didn't see the game.
Didn't witness how well or badly he played.
But I did see this board when we signed him and I got the distinct impression that the knives were out before he ever kicked a ball and now the poor bugger's probably got Andy Keogh's old job. He might be $$$$e but I wouldn't wish that on him or anyone else.

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:32
Didn't see the game.
Didn't witness how well or badly he played.
But I did see this board when we signed him and I got the distinct impression that the knives were out before he ever kicked a ball and now the poor bugger's probably got Andy Keogh's old job. He might be $$$$e but I wouldn't wish that on him or anyone else.

Agreed but the writing was on the wall before the ink dried on his contract.

The club desperately need quality and a player who has plied his tried in the SPL was not it.

He may turn out a very good player in time but Wolves don't now and didn't then have that luxury.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:36
You're wrong.

He was a bit part player for an average SPL team, so we had an idea he might not be up to it.

He was then over run not once but TWICE by a Blues midfield with who in it exactly??

Then he walks straight into our team ahead of Milijas and Gued who is sent out on loan who for all their faults have at least looked like Premiership players at some stages of their fleeting Molineux careers.

Jonsson never was, nor will he ever be.

He was our best player at St Andrews!!!

Mick wants to play with two defensive midfielders, so guediora and millijas weren't options, the creativity is meant to come from Jarvis and Kightly and they created one decent ball between them all night.

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:39

Mick wants to play with two defensive midfielders, so guediora and millijas weren't options, the creativity is meant to come from Jarvis and Kightly and they created one decent ball between them all night.

Problem there QB is that if the midfield is overrun, which it is regualry and was again last night, the creative players don't get much chance to create a thing. They spend much of the game having to cover.

I have said a few times before now that Mick seems to send his teams out not to lose as opposed to looking for a win. When they go a goal down which is often the team struggles.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 13:53
Problem there QB is that if the midfield is overrun, which it is regualry and was again last night, the creative players don't get much chance to create a thing. They spend much of the game having to cover.

I have said a few times before now that Mick seems to send his teams out not to lose as opposed to looking for a win. When they go a goal down which is often the team struggles.

Perhaps we should play 6 in midfield then, I just think it's a joke to single out Jonsson when Jarvis and Kightly were just as culpable,

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 14:00
Jarvis was woeful, simple as that, Johnson isnt that good a RB, iv seen Jarvis terrorize better defenders than him, no end product, constantly running into players, predictably always cutting back onto his right foot and never beating the 1st man.

As for Kightly, ain't the messiah most on here thought eh? couldn't trap a bag of cement last night, ball kept bouncing 5foot away from him, 1st touch of a rapist.

Hunt was just $$$$e when he came on, couldn't even control the ball on the byline, the little midget gypo $$$$ makes my $$$$ing blood boil.

How Hammill is 4th choice behind these 3 is beyond me, least the $$$$ can control a ball.

Essex Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:13
Perhaps we should play 6 in midfield then, I just think it's a joke to single out Jonsson when Jarvis and Kightly were just as culpable,

Oh don't get me wrong QB they were awful as well but they are the players Wolves rely on to create something and they failed massively last night.

But you need the central midfield players to provide some sort of service to the creative players and they did not. I don't blame Jonsson but Mick for buying and picking him. He isn't good enough and whilst he may improve throwing into such a game was just rank bad management.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:17

I thought he was poor at St Andrews.
You have just stated in the above why McCarthy is such a limited premiership manager. Relying on two plodders in the middle over flair so it all falls down to plan a the wingers, with no plan b cominng through the middle.

Wulve5
01-02-2012, 15:23
You have just stated in the above why McCarthy is such a limited premiership manager. Relying on two plodders in the middle over flair so it all falls down to plan a the wingers, with no plan b cominng through the middle.

Spot on

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 15:25

Nobody covered themselves in glory but Jonnson was the worst of our midfield by a distance. As soon as he had the ball it was a panic pass sideways, and on one ocassion as a Liverpool player bore down on him, he hoofed it anywhere then tried to pretend it was a pass that hadn't come off.

Everything about his performance reeked of a player that knows he cant hack it at this level. I'm not saying it is his fault, and to some degree I feel sorry for him... but we don't have time to be sorry, understanding or touchy feely when the club is staring at the Championship next season.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:31
Nobody covered themselves in glory but Jonnson was the worst of our midfield by a distance. As soon as he had the ball it was a panic pass sideways, and on one ocassion as a Liverpool player bore down on him, he hoofed it anywhere then tried to pretend it was a pass that hadn't come off.

Everything about his performance reeked of a player that knows he cant hack it at this level. I'm not saying it is his fault, and to some degree I feel sorry for him... but we don't have time to be sorry, understanding or touchy feely when the club is staring at the Championship next season.

I don't agree, I thought he passed the ball well, particuarly in the first half, it's about keeping hold of the ball as much as anything at the level, which is why guediora is now at Forest, I thought both Kightly and Jarvis were worse. now I'm not saying Jonsson is brilliant or the answer, as I say I just think it's unfair to single him out.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:33

Mmm I think you probably thought he was poor the day he signed.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:34
Jonsson was woeful in the first half and should have been replaced at half time. An utter liability!

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:35
Mmm I think you probably thought he was poor the day he signed.

I did and I have not changed my mind after seeing his performances against Blues and last night. A very limited player who is most certainly not premiership class.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:36
I did and I have not changed my mind after seeing his performances against Blues and last night. A very limited player who is most certainly not premiership class.

Maybe, much like the rest of the midfield with the exception of Frimpong.

JOSWolf
01-02-2012, 15:37
Maybe, much like the rest of the midfield with the exception of Frimpong.

I agree it wasnt just Jonsson but he looks a poor player to me and this thread is about Jonsson.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 15:40
I don't agree, I thought he passed the ball well, particuarly in the first half, it's about keeping hold of the ball as much as anything at the level, which is why guediora is now at Forest, I thought both Kightly and Jarvis were worse. now I'm not saying Jonsson is brilliant or the answer, as I say I just think it's unfair to single him out.

But he never passed to anyone more than three feet away and even then it was always sideways or backwards, anyone can do that. It was the same pattern all night, sideways, sideways, sideways, back then hoof by Hennessey or a panic belt up the pitch by a centre half as they were closed down....ninety percent of the time straight to a Liverpool player so they could have another go at us.

If all Wolves midfielders are available how can you seriously justify picking him in front of any of them?

We have just let an Algerian international (who has at least played prem football a few times) go on loan and a Serbian international sitting on the bench in favour of a Heart of Midlothian reserve who looked terrifed and overawed.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:45
I agree it wasnt just Jonsson but he looks a poor player to me and this thread is about Jonsson.

Oh right can someone start the "Is Kightly still in Enrique's pocket?", and "why can't Jarvis find a gold shirt in the box" threads please?

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:47
But he never passed to anyone more than three feet away and even then it was always sideways or backwards, anyone can do that. It was the same pattern all night, sideways, sideways, sideways, back then hoof by Hennessey or a panic belt up the pitch by a centre half as they were closed down....ninety percent of the time straight to a Liverpool player so they could have another go at us.

If all Wolves midfielders are available how can you seriously justify picking him in front of any of them?

We have just let an Algerian international (who has at least played prem football a few times) go on loan and a Serbian international sitting on the bench in favour of a Heart of Midlothian reserve who looked terrifed and overawed.

All Guediora has done all season is run into blind alleys and lose the ball and shoot wildly. I'm a big fan of Millijas but he looks like a shadow of the player he did when he first arrived.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 15:50
Oh right can someone start the "Is Kightly still in Enrique's pocket?", and "why can't Jarvis find a gold shirt in the box" threads please?

Difference is we know they can do it....and have done it. In the first games they played for Wolves we saw enough to know that we had decent players / exceptional player on our hands.

3 games in and you know Jonnson aint never gonna do it for us.

Sandwell Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:53
All I will say is, by God, did we miss Henry or what.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 15:57
Did Henry play in the corresponding fixture last year and what was the score?

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 16:04

To be fair iv yet too see a winger get the better of Enrique, pure class & the best left back in the League in my view.

QB Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:06
To be fair iv yet too see a winger get the better of Enrique, pure class & the best left back in the League in my view.

Which is a fair point and to be honest Liverpool as whole were a class above our championship team!

Hatch End
01-02-2012, 16:07
Ah Henry, yet another player who improves when he's not on the pitch!

Wolves have lots of those! Unfortunally, as soon as they get on the pitch they become carp again.

Still, Karl Henry will be eternally grateful to Mick for signing Jonnson, in comparison to Eggbert KH is quality!

Tarcisio Mifsud
01-02-2012, 16:09
In my opinion, no matter who plays, we are the worst team in the premiership, and this includes Wigan, who thought they have 3 less points than us, I still see them playing much better football than our team.

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 16:10
Ah Henry, yet another player who improves when he's not on the pitch!

Wolves have lots of those! Unfortunally, as soon as they get on the pitch they become carp again.

Still, Karl Henry will be eternally grateful to Mick for signing Jonnson, in comparison to Eggbert KH is quality!

Thats the trouble, i so wanted Eggert to be ok last night, just so Mr Crab wouldnt walk straight back into the team.

Mick hung Jonnsson out to dry last night, and as you say, in comparison he makes Henry look a world beater.

Super Ted
01-02-2012, 16:16
I think he was played to justify his signing. He has not looked PL quality in any of the matches he has played, in my opinion. I don't like knocking the lad as he's a Wolves player but I cannot see the logic in us signing him, he wasn't even a regular for Hearts!

I can maybe see the logic if we were back in the 80s when 2 subs were allowed to be named (or even earlier when just 1 was allowed) as he can cover a number of positions. But now when there are numerous sub it does not make sence.

I hope he improves and proves everyone wrong. I just cannot see it. He's a Championship level (at best) sub - I suppose that sums up our ambition.

ice cream head
01-02-2012, 16:19
Who's fault were the acres of space that Liverpool (and Bellamy in particular) exploited time and again in between the back four and midfield?

Was it the wingers fault for failing to show for the ball forcing Jonsson and Frimpong further forward?

Was it the defenders fault for not pushing up?

Was it Frimpong and Jonssons fault for failing to hold their position?

Was it Edwards and Fletchers fault for failing to show for the ball or make intelligent runs?

Or is it a mixture of all of these so ultimately the managers fault for failing to organise his team correctly?

Personally, from the first time I saw him play (and there are posts on here to prove it) it was obvious to me that Jonsson isn't up to PL standard. Last night he was poor again, however his team mates didn't help him out at all and neither did his manager.

luckyjim
01-02-2012, 16:25
To be fair, dodgy dave edwards had a stinker and was possibly worse than jonsson. Yet again a gilt-edged chance and what does he do? Straight at the $$$$ing goal-keeper again! Apart from that, all he did was run around a lot and just laid or flicked the ball off without doing anything with it. For me alongside Mick building a team around Karl Henry, this is another reason we haven't scored enough or failed to create chances from midfield.

Didn't see jonssons mistake for their goal from my position - yes a bad error and should have done better covering against carroll. Yes he's not good enough but no worse than the collective crap that was on display last night.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 16:41
To be fair, dodgy dave edwards had a stinker and was possibly worse than jonsson. Yet again a gilt-edged chance and what does he do? Straight at the $$$$ing goal-keeper again! Apart from that, all he did was run around a lot and just laid or flicked the ball off without doing anything with it. For me alongside Mick building a team around Karl Henry, this is another reason we haven't scored enough or failed to create chances from midfield.

Didn't see jonssons mistake for their goal from my position - yes a bad error and should have done better covering against carroll. Yes he's not good enough but no worse than the collective crap that was on display last night.

Do you really think Edwards was as poor as Eggert????

arctic rime
01-02-2012, 16:42
Why sign him , a complete waste of money surely fotheringham for nowt couldn't have done any worse ? :eek:

Mark Rankines Lovechild
01-02-2012, 17:21
To be fair, dodgy dave edwards had a stinker and was possibly worse than jonsson.

Absolute tosh - no way could you have been at that game last night if you really think that.

Edwards isn't a great finisher (although he does have three this season) but he was easily the best Wolves midfielder on show last night. He is the only Wolves player that makes intelligent runs and gets into positions to score...

Edwards apart, the whole team is so static it is just untrue....Frimpong when he has the ball, must be so $$$$ed off that no-one even bothers to move into space.

Liverpool at times had three runners last night, they always had an option.....and the sadder fact is that it was not even their strongest team.

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:27
Absolute tosh - no way could you have been at that game last night if you really think that.

Edwards isn't a great finisher (although he does have three this season) but he was easily the best Wolves midfielder on show last night. He is the only Wolves player that makes intelligent runs and gets into positions to score...

Edwards apart, the whole team is so static it is just untrue....Frimpong when he has the ball, must be so $$$$ed off that no-one even bothers to move into space.

Liverpool at times had three runners last night, they always had an option.....and the sadder fact is that it was not even their strongest team.

I did not want to get into an argument with Lucky Jim but this sums up what I felt too hence my question :D

306NOTOUT
01-02-2012, 17:33
If Jonsson/Johnson can play for Wanderers so could I

Edgmond Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:35
If Jonsson/Johnson can play for Wanderers so could I

I know my knees are shot but so could I, Rodge the Bodge should give his wages to berra the amount of times Berra bailed him out last night

GoldForever
01-02-2012, 17:42
Edwards epitomizes our whole team. . graft, work rate, little else.

Skonsengwolf
01-02-2012, 17:45
What I don't understand is why we waste money on a player like Eggert, when we could have played David Davis. But no, he is loaned out to Chesterfield, and earlier this season he was at ICT, a club in the same league as Hearts, Eggy's old club. This don't make sense to me at all, why buy Eggert when we have a player who is just as good in our youth ranks?? I fully understand why some of our players air their disappointment on Twitter, on the lack of first team opportunities they get.

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:47
Edwards epitomizes our whole team. . graft, work rate, little else.

and in years to come when we sign big name players who stroll around the park we'll all start crying again about wanting players with the above attributes ... happened after the Turner era & will no doubt happen again

Surrey Wolf
01-02-2012, 17:48
What I don't understand is why we waste money on a player like Eggert, when we could have played David Davis. But no, he is loaned out to Chesterfield, and earlier this season he was at ICT, a club in the same league as Hearts, Eggy's old club. This don't make sense to me at all, why buy Eggert when we have a player who is just as good in our youth ranks?? I fully understand why some of our players air their disappointment on Twitter, on the lack of first team opportunities they get.

what like greg halford?

306NOTOUT
01-02-2012, 17:49

I watched David Davis on Monday night and I thought he looked terrible, afteer watching Jonsson I now think he looked like Xavi