31-01-2012, 22:13
Going to Celtic

:wavey:

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:16
Unbelievable!

UEAwolf
31-01-2012, 22:18
Better than Fletcher or Doyle (when on form)?

Why sign a 3rd choice striker when we only play one up front?

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:22
Better than Fletcher or Doyle (when on form)?

Why sign a 3rd choice striker when we only play one up front?

Which of our other strikers apart from Fletch have scored goals for us this season?
What if Fletch gets injured?
I think you will find most Premiership sides have got four senior strikers. Why should we be different?

Black Coffee
31-01-2012, 22:23
Not happening It's been rejected

UEAwolf
31-01-2012, 22:24
We have three senior strikers - one of whom is badly off form, I accept.

I question the logic of (presumably) paying a loan fee and the wages of a player who would not be picked in the first eleven. I'd also wager that the player would be unhappy to come to a club to compete to be a second/third choice striker.

Hatch End
31-01-2012, 22:28
We've only got one striker.

If and when Fletcher gets injured the season will be over.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:33
We have three senior strikers - one of whom is badly off form, I accept.

I question the logic of (presumably) paying a loan fee and the wages of a player who would not be picked in the first eleven. I'd also wager that the player would be unhappy to come to a club to compete to be a second/third choice striker.

Will Cisse and Zamora complain if they dont go straight into the QPR side? Get the player down here and let him battle to get into the side.
Why do most clubs in the prem have at least four senior strikers and we only have three?

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:34
We've only got one striker.

If and when Fletcher gets injured the season will be over.

We'd be totally shafted if Fletch got injured. Then again we look shafted as it is!:mad:

Thank you Sir Jack
31-01-2012, 22:35
Going to Celtic

:wavey:

I am only interested in the destination of one person right now, and I trust that he is shortly to join the ranks of the unemployed.

UEAwolf
31-01-2012, 22:38
QPR play with two up front?

QPR have millions to play with and are happy to pay the likes of Zamora 90k a week?

I can understand the logic of signing Maynard - a player from a lower division club who would see Wolves as a step up (rightly or wrongly) and who offers a genuine alternative to our current strikers because of his pace. But to sign a reserve striker who is very similar to Doyle and who would not be guaranteed first team football? I can't see why either party would be interested.

bridgnorthwolf
31-01-2012, 22:43
Don't want Best, give me his mate Lovenkrands!