PDA

View Full Version : Why Mick should stay

Dorset DeWolf
31-01-2012, 21:04
I am $$$$ing furious, disgusted and sickened that we have not brought in (yes there is an hour left) any more signings in this window.

But with the window closed what is the point of getting rid of Mick

a) Any new manager would not be able to bring in any new faces
b) The current crop of players do work hard for Mick there is no denying that, there is no guarantee that this would be the same under someone else
c) The disruption caused by somone like Mick who has been at the club now for a number of years would imo be unsettling
d) He has got the best out of these players before so he clearly knows how to
e) I cant really think of anyone who is unemployed at the minute who could do a better job
f) If we do go down I blame Moxey and Morgan more than Mick, I'm sure he would have loved money to spend, what manager wouldnt!!!

Nobody spout off or get aggressive this is just my opinion and i am not in the mood for someone calling me a $$$$ or something like that just because they do not agree with something I say

wolf97
31-01-2012, 21:05
I am $$$$ing furious, disgusted and sickened that we have not brought in (yes there is an hour left) any more signings in this window.

b) The current crop of players do work hard for Mick there is no denying that, there is no guarantee that this would be the same under someone else
c) The disruption caused by somone like Mick who has been at the club now for a number of years would imo be unsettling
e) I cant really think of anyone who is unemployed at the minute who could do a better job
f) If we do go down I blame Moxey and Morgan more than Mick, I'm sure he would have loved money to spend, what manager wouldnt!!!

Nobody spout off or get aggressive this is just my opinion and i am not in the mood for someone calling me a $$$$ or something like that just because they do not agree with something I say

Same old $$$$ing $$$$ I'm afraid mate.

Monkey Man
31-01-2012, 21:05
I'm afraid that tonight we saw a Mick team who finally gave up. I agree it's probably pointless sacking now as it will make the club look even more stupid.

sedgwolf1980
31-01-2012, 21:06
Unbelievable.

UEAwolf
31-01-2012, 21:07
Sensible post - who is available at the moment? Curbishley perhaps? Sacking Mick would alienate the players who all seem to be behind him and would virtually guarantee relegation.

EdwardLoxdale

Good post, I agree with you.

BoltonWolf
why just look at unemployed managers...mick has two games to save his job...on the dark side if we are going down a new manager would have time to get his playing style and mentality this season ready for a (hopefully) promotion push next year...

wolf97
Relegation IS guaranteed UEA!!

Bostin
31-01-2012, 21:08
Anyone who brings on Stephen Hunt when we're chasing a game needs to be checked into a nut house

Hoganstolemywife
I think Mick's done a fantastic job for our club and I certainly don't buy into the 'Mad Mick'/Mick is an idiot mentality that prevails at the moment.

Yet, things have gone very very stale and, in a results business, we're doing very poorly at the moment.

I think tonight has been a tipping point for me in that I think a new manager might be able to galvanise the players in a way that they clearly haven't been since August.

Your points all ring true, I just think a change would be healthy all round. There's a lot of anger surrounding Wolves at the moment and I really don't like it.

Surrey Wolf
no point in sacking him at the end of a transfer window for the reasons above & if we do go down he should be given the chance to get us back up again

UEAwolf
31-01-2012, 21:09
Relegation is looking increasingly likely - but there is no manager who is out there (and who would be willing to come to a club in our position) capable of changing things around without the use of a transfer window and in a dressing room which is still pro Mick.

Pengwern
31-01-2012, 21:09
We need to plan for the future as well as for the rest of the season and we need a complete break now. Yes, it would be unsettling, but it might also freshen up the players' approach on and off the pitch at a time when their confidence in themselves individually, as a group, and possibly in Mick as well, is at an all-time low. Its sad that there is no time left to sign anyone (well, there is 50 minutes, actually), but that is to do with the club's wages policy.

SmokeyGB
31-01-2012, 21:10
Mick has failed, BUT Wolves have failed him and us.

SanFranWolf

Mate you usualy talk sense but I disagree with your list, the only reason Mick should still be in a job is that it's too late to change and that's Morgan's fault.

Mick should have gone in November before Martin O'Neil went to Sunderland.

JOSWolf
No thanks. Just go now McCarthy and take clipboard with you!

Skonsengwolf
31-01-2012, 21:11

See d) above: if he knows how to get the best out of these players, why the $$$$ doesn't he start doing it then?? What is he waiting for?

Stafford Elvis

Good post but shouldn't we give a new man time to develop a team that can compete in the Championship?

Yes i know people will say he's the best to get us back up but what's the point for more of this!

JOSWolf
no point in sacking him at the end of a transfer window for the reasons above & if we do go down he should be given the chance to get us back up again

Just get rid of him now to save us more humiliation!

North West Wanderer
I'd accept relegation lose Mick and take our time getting the right man

That was not good enough

wolf97
I think Mick's done a fantastic job for our club and I certainly don't buy into the 'Mad Mick'/Mick is an idiot mentality that prevails at the moment.

Yet, things have gone very very stale and, in a results business, we're doing very poorly at the moment.

I think tonight has been a tipping point for me in that I think a new manager might be able to galvanise the players in a way that they clearly haven't been since August.

Your points all ring true, I just think a change would be healthy all round. There's a lot of anger surrounding Wolves at the moment and I really don't like it.

:eek: :eek: :eek: I am dreaming. NWW and Hogan want Mick out?? Join the $$$$ing club!!

306NOTOUT
It wouldn't surprise me to see him sacked tomorrow morning.

Boss Hogg
31-01-2012, 21:12
Doing nothing is always the easy option. Closing your eyes doesn't make the problem go away.

Hsvwolf

Is this a $$$$in wind up

He is failing on every level of his job

......He signs the players, he appoints his staff who train and coach them, he picks the team, he decides the tactics, he is supposed to motivate them to perform to the best of their ability, he makes the substistutions, he gets paid a bloody fortune, .....

For what.....abject failure........now tell me he should not go

asleulv
You have got to be kidding me........

Bugsy911
31-01-2012, 21:13
Wtf are you guys for real ?

if he stays we will be in the same mess in a years time.

Sack him now and give the new manager time to access and rebuild the squad ready for our return to the championship.

bod101
All nonsense the very idea professional players would refuse to play for a new manager. If we stay as is I see us dropping two divisions and don't say it can't happen. There was nothing on show tonight and I mean nothing.

There needs to be change now, I firmly believe many of the players are good enough.

hollo

He isn't good enough as a PREMIERSHIP manager. End of story.

HowfenWolf
We need a complete change - some of our players have had any skill they possess 'trained' out of them. They looked drained,tired,short on confidence & lacking in ideas.
With the right manager to organise them & help build their confidence again, we could still turn this crap season around.

Hoganstolemywife
31-01-2012, 21:14
:eek: :eek: :eek: I am dreaming. NWW and Hogan want Mick out?? Join the $$$$ing club!!

:D

In my quiet and considered way, I think a change is best.

I still preach stability but sometimes a huge dosage of impetus is not to kickstart an obviously stalling...erm...thing.

I'd get Curbishley in for what it's worth.

He's been a huge success - overall - at Wolves but not this season.

oldgolded
31-01-2012, 21:14
The only hope we would have is if we brought in a manager who would have an instant impact. Keegan until the end of the season for me, with a brief to keep us up. Then review things at the end of the season.

mister-t
31-01-2012, 21:17

but if he gets us back up,will they sack him then?he really is not a premiership manager,he should do the decent thing now and walk.we aint going to win many matches from now untill the end of the season,
as for who should replace him,to tell the truth aint got a clue,but who ever it will be can not be any worse than what we have now

Hsvwolf
31-01-2012, 21:18
Mick is morphing into a real life Mike Bassett.......

MonkeySpanner
31-01-2012, 21:22
We have an owner that is convinced that a Championship side can compete in the Preniership. He also believes that his stance on not paying the going rates on both salaries and wages is not going to effect the quality players so needed at Wolves from coming here.

Jez, I don't know, you work within the framework set by Morgan and try to do the best you can.

Mick, you have done wonders early on with Wolves and you also have had to work within the framework set from above but I'm sorry, in my opinion you are not the manager to take Wolves anywhere but down now. A good shift is fine by one or two players but you only have to look at Frimpong to see what quality in your midfield could achieve and you have gone out of your way to show your dislike for any player coming in with an iota of flair in the past. We're stuck with you as no one else is going to want to come here now, but who do we go for when relegated? Oh yes, Morgan has said Mick. Ho hum.

Tring Wolf
31-01-2012, 21:25

You actually raise a number of valid points K4E. As many posters have said, our policy with signings should have been to bring in players who would immediately improve the first team and are not merely squad fillers. The same principle should apply to the manager.

I have always been in the 'Mick In' camp but concede that if a better manager is available and willing to come to us then we should at least be considering that option. The problem is I can't think of anybody who fits that criteria (possibly Curbishley) and as such, I wouldn't want us to throw away five years of development and stability for the wrong man. Mick has kept us up before and as hard as it is to believe after tonight's performance, he probably is our best chance of staying up again...

...have to admit though, keeping the faith is getting harder and harder!

MK Panther
31-01-2012, 21:28
I was going to write a long wordy post but in the end settled for "Mick, just go!"

Super Ted
31-01-2012, 21:47
If Wolves go down MM must go. I've heard the arguments that he's the best man to take us back but what happens if he does.....er yet again another relegation battle.

If Wolves go down we need a new era with a new manager. There are managers out there who would come to Wolves who have taken teams into the PL. It's not only MM that can do it!

MK Panther
31-01-2012, 21:52
OMG! no Managers that are better than Mick, are you having a laugh. Has anyone not noticed we do not win any matches, this is a $$$$ poor excuse used lamely by people who do not care about our abject humiliation on the pitch every matchday. Do not mention stability, or "in Mick we trust," to me.

JW
31-01-2012, 21:53
To change our style of play

Pessimistic Wolf
31-01-2012, 21:54
Agree with OP.

Some posters are under the delusion that there are good managers out there that want to come to 19th place Wolves. There aren't. He is the best we can get for now.

Tring Wolf
31-01-2012, 21:58
OMG! no Managers that are better than Mick, are you having a laugh. Has anyone not noticed we do not win any matches, this is a $$$$ poor excuse used lamely by people who do not care about our abject humiliation on the pitch every matchday. Do not mention stability, or "in Mick we trust," to me.

Not saying that there aren't any managers out there better than Mick as there obviously are. If, for example, O'Neill would have been prepared to come to us then I would have happily seen him replace Mick.

I just don't think we should throw away the progress and stability of the last 5 years unless there is someone better available and willing to come to us.

Bostin
31-01-2012, 22:09
Agree with OP.

Some posters are under the delusion that there are good managers out there that want to come to 19th place Wolves. There aren't. He is the best we can get for now.

I don't buy that. What would any manager coming in have to lose? If we get relegated, they wouldn't be blamed. If we stay up, they'll be the saviour

Ponty
31-01-2012, 22:10
If we don't change manager we're destined for the Championship. I'd be inclined to bring in a manager until the end of the season and see how they do. Curbishley or Bruce. See how they do - if things improve keep them on, if not there's more chance of attracting a manager from another club in the summer.

Mark Rankines Lovechild
31-01-2012, 22:12
Chris Hughton please. Pay the money, get a man who can motivate and build a team.

hollo
31-01-2012, 22:15
Now we have got bassong can we **** him off

SmokeyGB
31-01-2012, 22:15
Please can somebody explain to me WHY Mick is the best man to get us back up ???
He's only won the division 2 times *Sunderland & Wolves*, I just don't get it.

Burlton Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:16
i don't buy this line that we could get nobody better, well anyone would be an improvement on the current dross being served up. He has to go, why wait?

MonkeySpanner
31-01-2012, 22:17
Chris Hughton please. Pay the money, get a man who can motivate and build a team.

Not a bad shout

Rhoswolf
31-01-2012, 22:29
i don't buy this line that we could get nobody better, well anyone would be an improvement on the current dross being served up. He has to go, why wait?

"Nobody better" hard to think of anybody who could be worse! But lets not just blame Mick what about the other 2 "M"s? No doubt Morgan is happy tonight as he watched his beloved reds win and Moxey, well enough said!

wwfc9
31-01-2012, 22:36
Not saying that there aren't any managers out there better than Mick as there obviously are. If, for example, O'Neill would have been prepared to come to us then I would have happily seen him replace Mick.

I just don't think we should throw away the progress and stability of the last 5 years unless there is someone better available and willing to come to us.

What progress and stability ? Have you not realised we are going $$$$ing backward ? This time next year we will be back in the championship playing in front of 17 k exactly where we started under Mick ffs

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 22:40

Agreed, good post.

Only thing I would add is that the manager and the players need to shut themselves in a room together and sort this out. They need to come out fighting and keep us up.

The display tonight was unacceptable and it needs to get sorted.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:40
To have this Eggy playing tonight and send Guedioura, who is a far better footballer, out on loan is a sackable offence in its own right!

wolf97
31-01-2012, 22:41
Agreed, good post.

Only thing I would add is that the manager and the players need to shut themselves in a room together and sort this out. They need to come out fighting and keep us up.

Have you got an excuse?? You're one of the Mick lovers aint ya?

bod101
31-01-2012, 22:43

just tonight?

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 22:43
Agree with OP.

You are joking arent you?
I would take Poyet like a shot over McCarthy or a manager who wants to actually play football the right way. If McCarthy is the best we can hope for now then we are screwed!
I would even take someone like Keegan now. Something has got to change as we are only going one way with McCarthy and his tactics and style of football, if you can call it football!

Henry Palfrey
31-01-2012, 22:51

Why would CH leave a team on the up to come here?

He would be on a good wedge at Blues & we would have to pay hefty compo.

Pay the money? That's laughable. I reckon Zigic is on more than any of ours.

Thank you Sir Jack
31-01-2012, 22:53
Any decent 2nd in commands that might make the step up to run the show? Kevin Bond from Spurs?

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 22:54
Have you got an excuse?? You're one of the Mick lovers aint ya?

No, and I didn't hear Mick making any excuses either.

The players and the manager know that the performances have been unacceptable, but when we can play like we did against Villa in the first half there is hope there.

The people who do not recognise what Mick has done for this club in the last 6 years and want to just change the manager don't recognise the progress. Someone posted on another thread that this is the best Wolves team in 30 years.

You don't have to make excuses, you contriburte nothing constructive in any comment you post whether its about the team, manager, the owner, the stand, the academy.

It's all too easy to criticise because you don't have to believe, you don't have to think beyond the obvious. Too easy, too trite.

The club is progressing and has in 6 years. Any Wolves supporter offered this 6 years ago would have snappe off your hand.

My excuse is that I believe...what's yours?

Clapham Wolf
31-01-2012, 22:56
The only hope we would have is if we brought in a manager who would have an instant impact. Keegan until the end of the season for me, with a brief to keep us up. Then review things at the end of the season.

Thank God you're not on the Board! Seriously? Keegan?

wolf97
31-01-2012, 22:56

The players and the manager know that the performances have been unacceptable, but when we can play like we did against Villa in the first half there is hope there.

The people who do not recognise what Mick has done for this club in the last 6 years and want to just change the manager don't recognise the progress. Someone posted on another thread that this is the best Wolves team in 30 years.

You don't have to make excuses, you contriburte nothing constructive in any comment you post whether its about the team, manager, the owner, the stand, the academy.

It's all too easy to criticise because you don't have to believe, you don't have to think beyond the obvious. Too easy, too trite.

The club is progressing and has in 6 years. Any Wolves supporter offered this 6 years ago would have snappe off your hand.

Can't be arsed to argue, you just spout the same $$$$ over and over again. A Wolves fan offered 19th in the Prem, in our 3rd season in it, with 2 wins in 21, would NOT have snapped off my hand.

My excuse is get the $$$$ing manager out.

Hollywood_wolf
31-01-2012, 23:00
Can't be arsed to argue, you just spout the same $$$$ over and over again. A Wolves fan offered 19th in the Prem, in our 3rd season in it, with 2 wins in 21, would NOT have snapped off my hand.

My excuse is get the $$$$ing manager out.

What I thought!

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:00

How has the club progressed this season?
We have gone backwards if you ask me!
I am glad you believe and fair play to you but mark my words McCarthy will take us down this season. A change is needed whilst we still have a chance of surviving as 2 wins in 21 games is just totally unacceptable along with the mainly dreadful style of football we play and would probably have got any other manager in the premiership sacked.

Barnet Wolves
31-01-2012, 23:01

we're headed over the falls and we can't change course?

chasman62
31-01-2012, 23:40

Hes had well over 30 million since promotion to spend on transfers plus HE decided to offer current players renewed and improved contracts. How much do you think he would need to change his neanderthal approach to football? Take a look at what some younger and more progressive managers are achieving with far less than us.

No coaching, no managing, appalling scouting, several worthless signings and that was before this year.

Difficult to see the gain to be made from changing now but irrespective of where we are at the end of the year this has to be the end for MM

luckyjim
31-01-2012, 23:49
I was calling for Mick to go in the autumn of 2010. I think by that time it was becoming apparent he didn't have the attributes to become a genuine Premier League manager. However, it's not necessarily Mick's fault in spite of the useless tactics, team selections and signings; I could accept that he would have done what he thought was right within his limited talents.

This is where Bob the Builder becomes culpable in not recognizing that Mick lacked the temperament and talent as a manager to progress Wolves within the Premier League. Of course, many posters on here through blind faith, sentiment and possibly the influence of illegal substances continued to laud Mick despite the bleedingly obvious evidence to the contrary, but on the whole, Bob the builder and his corpulent sidekick Moxley, lacked the decisiveness and courage to put Mick out of his misery.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:52
I was calling for Mick to go in the autumn of 2010. I think by that time it was becoming apparent he didn't have the attributes to become a genuine Premier League manager. However, it's not necessarily Mick's fault in spite of the useless tactics, team selections and signings; I could accept that he would have done what he thought was right within his limited talents.

This is where Bob the Builder becomes culpable in not recognizing that Mick had the temperament and talent as a manager to progress Wolves within the Premier League. Of course, many posters on here through blind faith, sentiment and possibly illegal substances continued to laud Mick despite the bleedingly obvious evidence to the contrary, but on the whole, Bob the builder and his corpulent sidekick Moxley, lacked the decisiveness and courage to put Mick out of his misery.

I agree. The fact that Mick is still here is one persons fault and that is Mr Morgan. Mick should have gone before Christmas but it is Morgans fault he is still here. He should have taken the bull by the horns as other premiership owners have done both this season and last season, to great effect and said thanks for the memories Mick but its time for us to make a change.

luckyjim
31-01-2012, 23:53
I agree. The fact that Mick is still here is one persons fault and that is Mr Morgan. Mick should have gone before Christmas but it is Morgans fault he is still here. He should have taken the bull by the horns as other premiership owners have done both this season and last season, to great effect and said thanks for the memories Mick but its time for us to make a change.

Yep, Jeremy Peace has never talked stadiums and grand plans but on the footballing front he did exactly what mattered as a chairman in recognizing a change of management was required.

JOSWolf
31-01-2012, 23:55
Yep, Jeremy Peace has never talked stadiums and grand plans but on the footballing front he did exactly what mattered as a chairman in recognizing a change of management was required.

You can also add the Sunderland owner and QPR owner to the list.

MK Panther
01-02-2012, 00:06

This is where Bob the Builder becomes culpable in not recognizing that Mick lacked the temperament and talent as a manager to progress Wolves within the Premier League. Of course, many posters on here through blind faith, sentiment and possibly the influence of illegal substances continued to laud Mick despite the bleedingly obvious evidence to the contrary, but on the whole, Bob the builder and his corpulent sidekick Moxley, lacked the decisiveness and courage to put Mick out of his misery.

This has to be the quote of the year so far, I salute you! Although Mick has lead us to the promised land he seems to be incapable of keeping us there. The excuses after excuses, even Mick now realises he has nothing else to offer. We will be back in tomorrow and get some training done for what reason? He is going to be a lucky fella to keep his job if he starts to humiliate the club, the team and fans and unfortunately for him he looks like he has started.

Steve Kean at Blackburn was still playing football during his difficult patch, we are playing something not yet invented and its confusing the hell out of our players and fans! The pressure has been ratcheted up ten-fold something has to give!

Hawkins discuss
01-02-2012, 00:26
totaly ageree with the above 2 comments
but through all this cuffufall and previous managerial appointments
there has been (as your maths teacer told you)
one common denominator
Clipboard Terry Connor

Hawkins discuss
01-02-2012, 00:28
Cant spell teacher (must be too much Teachers)

Tring Wolf
01-02-2012, 06:46
What progress and stability ? Have you not realised we are going $$$$ing backward ? This time next year we will be back in the championship playing in front of 17 k exactly where we started under Mick ffs

In my lifetime supporting Wolves, this is the best squad of players we have had and the first time we have spent consecutive seasons in the top division. To me that indicates some sort of progress from where we were. I can't argue about results this season (although I do feel that in general performances have been better than the points tally suggests) but if we did go down, I still feel that we would be in a far better position as a squad and club than when Mick joined.

I do feel a sense of gratitude and loyalty to Mick (although as said on other threads, keeping the faith is getting harder) but my main loyalty is always Wolves so if someone out there is better and willing to join us then bring them in.

Some of the suggestions are quite interesting. Hughton I wouldn't be unhappy with and Poyet would be a decent shout if we decide to look for a long-term change of philosophy rather than a quick fix (I don't think he would have the time or games left this season to effectively introduce his style of play).

The Number 2's shout (I'm sure there's an easy pun there after last night's performance) is also interesting. Steve Clarke always seems to be very highly rated as a coach but would he leave to come and take the job here?

Whatever way you look at it, we're in a lot of trouble. I still (perhaps naively) believe we have the players to get out of it.

Woburn Wolf
01-02-2012, 07:10
Sensible post - who is available at the moment? Curbishley perhaps? Sacking Mick would alienate the players who all seem to be behind him and would virtually guarantee relegation.

Are you sure?

asleulv
01-02-2012, 07:17

But do we know this? What separated yesterdays game from out other "heroic defeats" was IMO the players looking like they had given up. It would be madness to continue like this and how can anyone see our team actually getting something at QPR?

Woburn Wolf
01-02-2012, 07:19

Welcome Hogan. I also think a new manager could give us a bounce and we have little to lose right now. I don't think we should limit our choice of next manager to those out of work as like you I believe in stability; it is therefore critical that Morgan et al select the right manager when they finally pull the trigger on McCarthy. Ideally we need a manager that can change our playing style over the next couple of years and emerge with a talented group of players that are capable of really pushing on. Of the up and coming managers outside the Prem that could regard the Wolves job as an attractive option I would go for Poyet.

Numpty
01-02-2012, 07:31
At the end of the day Mick Buys, Trains , and selects the team . There are teams in this league that have far worse squads of players on paper . But they are higher in the league because of good man mangement . Three years in and we have not moved forward if anything we are going the other way.

The club should have sacked him weeks ago, the writing was on the wall against Swansea which we were lucky to come back and get a point. I would prefer Wolves to at least try and get someone in and then Morgan could turn round and say I tried to change it . At the moment we are heading for the exit door and not prepared to change anything. I don't know if we have the right people at the top at our club, because Albion and Newcastle first season back in the prem ( not after 3 try it and see seasons) sacked managers and got new ones in to try and push them forward . people can say Albion have not moved forward but they have spent less than us and are still above us by 7 points . The appointments at the time were Roy Hodgson who had failed in his previous job and Alan Pardew who at the time no one would have given a second chance to really to manage a Prem team. Just shows something to me , Take a risk and a chance you may well be better off . Yes we may still go down but unless we try we will never know will we.

306NOTOUT
01-02-2012, 07:37
I can see Morgan getting rid of him now. It's the perfect time for him.

Look at QPR, Hughes has gone in there but you can guarantee he has said I want 15m to spend to keep you up plus more in the summer.

That can't happen with Morgan now as the window has shut, so he can get a manager in and say this is what you have to work with, keep us up.

Ponty
01-02-2012, 07:38
Most of us will have had to cope with a change of manager. We get comfortable with one and then they leave. In my experience people adapt to a new manager very easily and I see no reason why the Wolves players won't embrace a new manager. After all he may come in with tactics that go beyond passing to Jarvis or Kightly and hoping!

Taffywolf
01-02-2012, 07:46
Mick is poor in the transfer market, He doesn't seem capable of wheeling and dealing and finding the right players for Wolves, People will say what about Kightly, SEB, Jarvis law of averages say he'll get a couple right but it's the ones he's got wrong that have damaged us The Van Dammes, Hoffs, Shackells, Hunts, Moyokolos, E Jonnson, Guedioura, Friend + Hammill.
Mick was quoted at the time of Kightly's arrival on loan as saying that he hadn't even seen him playing, Taff Evans had been the one that spotted him also Mick said at the time of SEB's arrival that if it hadn't been for Ian Holloway he wouldn't of signed him because Holloway recommended him and made MM aware of a 1.5 million release clause in his contract, So you could say that those 2 signings were not mainly down to Mick.

Get him out NOW Steve and lets look at a young manager with fresh ideas and give him a chance of keeping us up and if worse happens we can start building a team to get us out of the Championship next year with a manger that can take us forward as a team.

Mugwump
01-02-2012, 07:52
I still think the biggest pile of rubbish posted about why Mick should stay is the " we wont get anyone better " line. Do people really think that nowhere on this planet that there is no better manager that Wolves could replace Mick with?

The simple fact is, Mick has had more than enough time and he isnt doing a good job. He should go now before everyone turns against him and he can leave with the dignity he deserves.

FRAZ-WOLF
01-02-2012, 08:03
id love to see mick go but wont happen. then you happy clappers will realise he has took us back to where we started next season 17k in the championship at home. so not done such a good job then has he?

North West Wanderer
01-02-2012, 08:05
To have this Eggy playing tonight and send Guedioura, who is a far better footballer, out on loan is a sackable offence in its own right!

No it isn't. Gued is a liability at the moment.

North West Wanderer
01-02-2012, 08:05
You are joking arent you?
I would take Poyet like a shot over McCarthy or a manager who wants to actually play football the right way. If McCarthy is the best we can hope for now then we are screwed!
I would even take someone like Keegan now. Something has got to change as we are only going one way with McCarthy and his tactics and style of football, if you can call it football!

Poyet the one season wonder?

OCD Wolf
01-02-2012, 08:06
I still think the biggest pile of rubbish posted about why Mick should stay is the " we wont get anyone better " line. Do people really think that nowhere on this planet that there is no better manager that Wolves could replace Mick with?

The simple fact is, Mick has had more than enough time and he isnt doing a good job. He should go now before everyone turns against him and he can leave with the dignity he deserves.

I very much agree with this, Mick should be the good, honest, straight-talking Yorkshireman that is his brand and hold his hands up and walk away with some dignity. He should admit he is not up to the job and give us a chance to at least try something to turn it around with 15 games of the season left.
A hopeless punt on someone like Keegan would give us at least some hope and galvanise the fans, who know if it would work bur under McCarthy we are down.

We also need change to preseve the Wolves 'brand'. We are a laughing stock in the World of football. We consitently find new ways to be humiliated. Losing on national TV to our championship rivals, letting our youth product bag a brace against us and now letting carthorse Caroll score against us all in the basy few weeks. It's becoming unbearable and now we have an army of rival fans mocking the #stickwithmick hashtag on Twitter.

In a year's time we are in serious danger of becoming the 4th team in the West Midlands and a total joke. The board needs to appreciate this, droves of black country youngsters will be off up to the Albion, or Villa or Birmingham. It will be too embarrassing to support Wolves.

FLEET WOLF
01-02-2012, 08:19

Keegan!? I suppose at least the football would be exciting to watch as we lose all our games 4-3. His ability to organise defences makes Mick look like a superstar in that respect!

OCD Wolf
01-02-2012, 08:22
Keegan!? I suppose at least the football would be exciting to watch as we lose all our games 4-3. His ability to organise defences makes Mick look like a superstar in that respect!

We let in three goals a week anwyay! ;)

Mugwump
01-02-2012, 08:24
Poyet the one season wonder?

How is Poyet a one season wonder NWW? He has done a good job to get Brighton to where they are. They are not really going to be challenging for promotion in such a short space of time.

North West Wanderer
01-02-2012, 08:25
How is Poyet a one season wonder NWW? He has done a good job to get Brighton to where they are. They are not really going to be challenging for promotion in such a short space of time.

He has done a good job. Not great or outstanding. Huge risk

Mugwump
01-02-2012, 08:28
I think a one season wonder tag is just a bit harsh tbh. If we are going to get rid of Mick i would like to see the likes of Poyet and Solsjkaer considered. We need fresh ideas as we have become a very poor football team. We have no style and no innovation. The younger breed of managers might change this.

OCD Wolf
01-02-2012, 08:30
I'd bite Solsjkaer's arm off. Exactly what we need, a new innovative approach and someone to get us playing.

jrpb-3
01-02-2012, 08:33

you make some good point and in th past he has managed to get us out of trouble. The run we are on at the moment is the worst since Mick has been here and the fans are now starting to turn on him and the team at matches which won't make things easier. In his time hee he's shown he can get teams working hard and battling, but we've seen little sign in any improvement in the quality of our play, they you see promoted teams coming up and playing better football than us, OK Newcastle and QPR have money to spend which makes things easier and yes we have shown in a few patches we can play that kind of football. For me Mick has taken us as far as he can. If we want to improve we need to get someone better, until we identify who that is and know we can get them ther'e no point getting rid of Mick we need to bring somone in to improve the club not just get rid of Mick because things are tough now. We need to be looking for Micks replacement now, when we make the change may be more difficult. We are 2 pts from being out of the relegation zone and have on paper 2 winnable games coming up. If we can get 4pts + from those Then we should probably keep Mick till the end of the season if not we need a replacement ASAP to give them a fighting chance to improve things