Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please Guo can we have a new management team asap

T

TheConcourse

Eddie Howe turned Newcastle around but he had investment in the January window. Appointing a new manager and telling them the cupboard is bare until at least next season may not be enough.
Exactly.

Looking at their team at Old Trafford, it isn’t even that impressive.

Jacob Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff, Joelinton, Schar, Burn.

I wouldn’t be jumping up and down if we signed any of these players tbh. But they work hard. We don’t.

Same as Palace. Their front 3 have a really good work ethic. They track forward and back. Ours are entitled little pansies who demand the ball to feet and lose it just as quickly.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe we haven't appointed a new manager. yet.

Faffing about as usual!!!

Due diligence don’t you know. Taking their time. Got to get the appointment right. To fit in with the club’s ethos, it’s vision and, er, goals.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bingo.

We're a basket case of a club and any sane manager would wait for a better opportunity. I can see both Saints and Villa hiring better managers than us.
We are where we are because of mendes and we are where we are because of mendes , what i mean by this is without him the board have no clue and we would still be a championship side , but now we have long since hit our ceiling with this model and now we are completely stumped…..

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much a third of the season completed by Sunday - most of the pundits & bookies will have formed their opinions on who is likely to go down. As much as it is an overused cliche, Sunday's game between two very poor sides is pivotal. No more so because I have a sneaking suspicion that Leicester will beat Leeds on Thursday night.

The reality is that a loss on Sunday is highly likely to leave us in 19th position - 9 points from 12 games - without doubt this is statistically relegation probability. I am certainly not naive enough to think or rely on:
  • This team is too good to go down - Our performances do not lie.
  • There are 3 worse teams than us - From what I have seen there are only 2.
  • A new manager can turn this around - Possibly.
  • We can buy our way out of this - Notts Forest/Fulham anyone?
I cannot believe that Shi & Sellars are not thinking the same as me and all of us that have equal levels of concern. Really worrying times for me at least.
9 from 12 is relegation form, you're correct. Hopefully we have 12 from 12 which is sometimes relegation form although I doubt it will be this year...

However a three point differential does not set the scene for the remainder of the season. The right coach taking over with us on 9 points is far more preferable to the wrong coach taking over with 12 points...

By far the most pivotal moment of our season is the selection of a new head coach and not the result v Leicester.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sooner we get THE RIGHT manager, the better.

However, looking at the last 2 games, Davis has picked the right line ups (judging by the pre match comments on here) and there has been a visible togetherness in our players (the way the goals are celebrated, players on the touch line cheering them on etc).

Playing Nunes further forward - who else could he have played there (and subsequently drop B Troare or Nunes to fit them in)?

Taking B Traore off - yellow carded and lacking match fitness and they were just playing through our lines.
Taking Adama off - needs to be managed for game time
Taking Nunes off - head injury and was not effecting the game at all. They were playing through our lines.

In conclusion - Yes we need a new manager ASAP, but don't expect a new manager bounce - I actually think we are seeing a new manager bounce now, having got rid of the clown. It will be more of the same most probably until the new coach can at least get a transfer window and the world cup break, as these players and this side are what they are and there are obvious deficiencies no matter who stands in the technical area

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sooner we get THE RIGHT manager, the better.

However, looking at the last 2 games, Davis has picked the right line ups (judging by the pre match comments on here) and there has been a visible togetherness in our players (the way the goals are celebrated, players on the touch line cheering them on etc).

Playing Nunes further forward - who else could he have played there (and subsequently drop B Troare or Nunes to fit them in)?

Taking B Traore off - yellow carded and lacking match fitness and they were just playing through our lines.
Taking Adama off - needs to be managed for game time
Taking Nunes off - head injury and was not effecting the game at all. They were playing through our lines.

In conclusion - Yes we need a new manager ASAP, but don't expect a new manager bounce - I actually think we are seeing a new manager bounce now, having got rid of the clown. It will be more of the same most probably until the new coach can at least get a transfer window and the world cup break, as these players and this side are what they are and there are obvious deficiencies no matter who stands in the technical area
I think this is bang on

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn't terminal but my word, make no mistake, we are red hot favourites with Leicester to drop back down, in which case we are fully back to where it all began, I don't think there is the same appetite for a return.
It'd be worse than going back to where we began. Much worse. Fosun didn't inherit a Championship club with a £140m p/a wage bill (the average Championship wage bill is around £33m), and who'd made a £100m+ expenditure on transfers only a year before. There'd be parachute payments true, but the new Championship FFP laws would become an instant glass cage with our massively reduced TV income. I don't mean to be hyperbolic, but relegation with this group would represent a momentous, unprecedented and dark crossroads for Wolverhampton Wanderers; the bomb squad of the McCarthy era on steroids.

The first action of the (preferably new) chairman would be to oversee a fire sale of players to bring that wage bill down and keep losses on big transfer fees to a minimum. I'd be surprised if we got back 50% of the combined ~£200m we spent on Nunes, Guedes, Collins, Semedo, Jonny, Podence and Fabio should they wish to leave, or we decide to move them on. Our captain, with one year left on his contract? We'd do well to break even on the £16m we spent on him, which would be a crime when considering the sort of fees touted for him in the past.

The chairman would no doubt be tempted to offset these losses by selling the few appreciable assets we have, such as Kilman, Sa, Toti and RAN (who has a 50% sell on clause). What would be left after all that? An inexperienced patchwork squad mainly comprising youngsters, and no leadership. It would require very canny and experienced management from that point to steer clear of another double dip relegation, let alone eye a promotion bid. We think this appointment needs to be spot-on? A managerial appointment in those circumstances would be much larger still in its magnitude.

Doomer rant over.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
t would require very canny and experienced management from that point to steer clear of another double dip relegation, let alone eye a promotion bid.

Christ, cheer up, nuclear war might break out before then anyway.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could this be why no one wants to work at wolves? They see the writing on the wall. Nuno likely saw it before most. Trading has been halted...

20221018_215551.jpg

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An experienced manager being told at the interview that incoming players need the approval of……. Scott Sellars.
Hold that thought a minute.

Hi guys! Bye guys!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An experienced manager being told at the interview that incoming players need the approval of……. Scott Sellars.
Hold that thought a minute.
Almost all managers will be used to others having approval for signings - who would you rather have to get approval from, SS, John Rudkin, Kyriakos Dourekas or John Alnwick?

Could this be why no one wants to work at wolves? They see the writing on the wall. Nuno likely saw it before most. Trading has been halted...
To be honest, I'd be surprised if many managers are up to date on the Chinese bond market!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like Wolves have ever double dipped twice before...

It's a bit early to be having wet pants about it when we're not even in the relegation zone of the PL, let alone the chump though! As long as we hire someone other than Saunders in 2 managers time, we'll be fine anyway.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a bit early to be having wet pants about it when we're not even in the relegation zone of the PL, let alone the chump though! As long as we hire someone other than Saunders in 2 managers time, we'll be fine anyway.
Your pants aren't wet enough, mate :p We've seen this movie many times. Many of us were derided the last couple years for sounding the alarm about dodgy transfer and ownership decisions and were called pant wetters. Yet our fears are being realised. Here we are, I can't believe you would type "not even in the relegation zone of the PL" as if we weren't just there and aren't close enough to still smell it.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your pants aren't wet enough, mate :p We've seen this movie many times. Many of us were derided the last couple years for sounding the alarm about dodgy transfer and ownership decisions and were called pant wetters. Yet our fears are being realised. Here we are, I can't believe you would type "not even in the relegation zone of the PL" as if we weren't just there and aren't close enough to still smell it.

We're a very comfortable 24 places clear of Chump relegation!

And yes, you've got me - I did deride the people who said we'd be relegted because we didn't have any PL experience/ Fulham were doing bits/Nuno was taking us down in his last year just as soon as Fulham win 10 games in a row/Bruno was taking us down last year due to inexperience.

And regardless of what happens, even if we get relegated, I'd much rather sit here with comfortable dry pants for now, given the destination is the same!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reason I'd speculate it's taking so long, the failure of the executive team to 'sell' the project aside, is the fear of getting it wrong due to lacking sufficient expertise to effectively prioritise the candidates based on their interviews.

We are looking for prospective managers to enlighten us on how they are going to get the best out of a lopsided but expensively assembled squad who can't score and lack fitness, athleticism and intensity. How on earth are Shi and Sellars, with their limited/questionable knowledge of the question, equipped to mark the answers?

Any manager is a risk, and 'marking' the interview isn't the only step that needs to be taken to establish the the best candidate, but it's a big part of the process. I'm not confident in them, and having repeatedly chosen duffers, I'd be astonished if they lack confidence in making a decision, too. Fear of getting it wrong will be very high up the list of risks in Jeff Shi's peripheral vision right now.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if it ends up being Nuno.. they’ve sure done a good job of dampening the whole situation. We know he wasn’t first choice.. he knows it.. I just can’t see it being the energy injection I had hoped for a week ago.

For me, someone needs to go for this public mess.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Martins and Sean Dyche still available.

At this stage I’d go for either until end of season and then review

Back
Top Bottom