Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marcelo Gallardo

NordicWolf

Reaction score
I still have a little bit of hope that he’s our next boss.
Perfect fit for both club and Head coach.

Seems to be the current first choice by many molmixers.
Deserves his own thread.

Discuss!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly has a brilliant CV with plenty of trophies, the only question would be whether successes in Argentina are in any way a benchmark for the top standard competition that is the Premier League, especially at a club whose resources are limited in comparison to many other clubs in the league. In addition, how are his language skills?

Having said all that I don't believe he would be interested in us in any case. I expect he will turn up in La Liga or Serie A at a pretty big club, which is why I've never voted for him on the polls on here. He would have to be a Mendes client for us to have even the sniff of a chance imo.

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly has a brilliant CV with plenty of trophies, the only question would be whether successes in Argentina are in any way a benchmark for the top standard competition that is the Premier League, especially a club whose resources are limited in comparison to many other clubs in the league. In addition, how are his language skills?

Having said all that I don't believe he would interested in us in any case. I expect he will turn up in La Liga or Serie A at a pretty big club, which is why I've never voted for him on the polls on here. He would have to be a Mendes client for us to have even the sniff of a chance imo.
I guess our only hope is that your initial statement is the catalyst for the second statement.. in that, maybe the top clubs see him as too much of a risk before he’s proven himself over here.

Probably wishful thinking though as there are many clubs on the scale between us and Barcelona in Europe.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good CV, very good coach, did extremely well at River

So of course he's not on our list

NordicWolf

Reaction score
As a manager I think he is destined for greatness.
We are a perfect first step for managing and coaching in Europe.
After 4-5 successful seasons with us he can move on to Real Madrid or whatever.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he cheap?
Does Mendes know him/ act for him?

I suspect that’s the bar that’s been set.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
He's the one I'd be happiest with of all. He seems to be tactically aware and has obviously had great success at River. But obviously working here is very different to the biggest club in your country and one where you are already a legend beforehand from your playing days.

Wouldn't be disappointed with Jardim either but feel a little meh about the 3 who have the most noise about them.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think MolMix would be full of people who've watched River Plate enough to know this guy's style of play and that he'd be great, and in fact is not managing in 'a farmer's league' like most other managers outside of England are told on the internet.

But this place never fails to surprise.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
The usual next destination for Argentine players and managers is Madrid; with a similar lifestyle and common language - although Gallardo may speak English after his time in the MLS, I can't see how he would adapt from living in Buenos Aires to moving to Wolverhampton. It's hardly a quick flight over to Lisbon from Birmingham either when it comes to visiting family.

That's leaving to one side the more obvious point about him having far bigger admirers than a team fighting against relegation.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Didn't think MolMix would be full of people who've watched River Plate enough to know this guy's style of play and that he'd be great, and in fact is not managing in 'a farmer's league' like most other managers outside of England are told on the internet.

He is the most successful manager ever for the most successful club in Argentina. He also won the league with Nacional in his first ever season as a coach. The guy is a serial winner.

Rumoured with Barcelona, Juventus, Inter and actually available, it doesn't take a lot of effort to read about him and see his style of play etc.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly has a brilliant CV with plenty of trophies, the only question would be whether successes in Argentina are in any way a benchmark for the top standard competition that is the Premier League, especially at a club whose resources are limited in comparison to many other clubs in the league. In addition, how are his language skills?

Having said all that I don't believe he would be interested in us in any case. I expect he will turn up in La Liga or Serie A at a pretty big club, which is why I've never voted for him on the polls on here. He would have to be a Mendes client for us to have even the sniff of a chance imo.
I'm more impressed with his continental successes. It's a glowing CV.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

theyll make an immediate judgement based on his wikipedia or some random blue tick on twitter whos never posted about him before

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was my first choice before Bruno departed. Has an exceptional record as coach, was a 'galactico-brand' player so would have no issue relating to the players, has shown repeatedly he isn't afraid to do something different (moving to Europe, moving to the MLS) and plays superb, fluid football with lots of tactical flexibility.

No reason he should be out of our reach unless he's already been sounded out for a bigger job. I believe he was on Brighton's shortlist but his decision to stay at River until the end of the season excluded him from further exploration.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now this down the Molineux would be ok by me!!!!
We already hint at trying to play similar lines, but it all goes to pieces when Ait-Nouri gets involved, partly down to his decision making, partly down to crossing to an empty box!

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt Wolves have someone in South America recently , perhaps this guy has already been spoken with hence his lack of interest in Brighton ?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
theyll make an immediate judgement based on his wikipedia or some random blue tick on twitter whos never posted about him before
Either that or they know Gallardo very well because they enjoy world football and thus regularly watch other leagues, or anywhere on the spectrum between those two points

Back
Top Bottom