Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kevin Costner was almost 50 when he married wife Christine Baumgartner

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Disha Kandpal

Kevin Costner and his wife Christine Baumgartner share a large age difference like many couples in Hollywood, but the pair were married for 18 years. However, in recent developments, Christine has filed for divorce.

The actor‘s marriage to Christine was his second one. The pair tied the knot in 2004 and welcomed three children – two sons Cayden, 15, and Hayes, 14, and a daughter, Grace, 12.

Commenting on the divorce, Kevin Costner‘s representatives told People that “circumstances beyond his control have transpired.” The actor’s team also asked fans and media to respect Christine and their children’s privacy at this time.

Kevin is one of Hollywood’s most successful actors. He has won numerous awards and accolades thanks to his excellent acting roles in Dances with Wolves (1990), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), and most recently, Yellowstone.

In January 2023, Kevin took to his social media to share his 2023 Golden Globe acceptance speech after winning an award for his Yellowstone role. He won the Best Performance in a Television Series – Drama in the Actor category.

Photo by Michael Tran/FilmMagic

Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner’s age difference​

Kevin and Christine have an age difference of 19 years. The Waterworld actor is 68 years old in 2023 while his wife Christine is 49.

When the pair tied the knot in 2004, Kevin was 49 years old, while Christine was 30.

Marriages with a big age gap such as Kevin’s and Christine’s aren’t uncommon in Hollywood. The stars began dating in 1999. However, after four years of togetherness, the couple briefly broke up. Then, they got back together.

Talking to Closer Weekly in 2018, Kevin revealed that “fear” was the reason why he didn’t marry Christine sooner. “Fear kept me from marrying Christine. She wanted a child, but I was afraid I couldn’t be an effective father,” he said.

He then shared how he overcame his worriesL “I woke up and thought, ‘Am I going to lose a beautiful woman who is willing to be with me to my very last breath because I am afraid to say yes to a child? That’s all it took. Sometimes you learn the thing you’re most afraid of will save your life.”

Christine is a model and fashion designer​

Christine is a model and a fashion designer specializing in handbag design. Along with her friend Tamara Muro, she launched her design business Cat Bag Couture in the early 2000s.

In a 2005 interview, she told the Denver Post that her actor husband is very “supportive” of her career.

“When I came up with some samples, I showed them to Kevin, and he said they were beautiful and amazing,: Christine told the outlet.

Christine has kept a very low profile following her marriage to Kevin. The star does not have a known Instagram account or a Twitter handle.

Photo by Kypros/Getty Images

Yellowstone actor was married before​

Kevin’s first marriage was with Cindy Costner. The former couple were married for 16 years between 1978 to 1994.

The exes share three children – Lily, 36, Joe, 35, and Annie Costner, 39.

Following his split from first wife Cindy, Kevin had a brief relationship with Bridget Rooney, who is now married to American billionaire Bill Koch.

Kevin and Bridget welcomed a son – Liam Costner – during their brief relationship.

The post Kevin Costner was almost 50 when he married wife Christine Baumgartner appeared first on HITC.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom