Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Aurum Lupus

Rumours from the pub

Expecting Dawson to play a full season as #1 cb is fanciful. You have to accept S.Bueno as his replacement. That would considerably alter the dynamics. Danso is replacing Toti in this scenario too, with Toti taking LB slot. So you'd still need a very good young addition for Danso/Toti cover...
  2. Aurum Lupus

Che Adams

Hwang is great at making a shooting opening in the box and a very accurate striker. They're his good points. Anywhere outside of the box he's a disaster. He couldn't trap the ball if his life depended on it. If it gets zipped in to him it always gives defenders a chance to steal the ball. Which...
  3. Aurum Lupus

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

I'd say £10m is fair. He scored here but wasn't prolific, and this is his first season ever in double figures for goals I think. There's not going to be any major clubs after his signature, so if we want him gone we need to price him reasonably
  4. Aurum Lupus

When I managed to get off the ground from laughing I did have £500 in my hand! He's got a 1:2 goal contributions this season. If they don't buy him it's probably doing us a favour. He's worth £10m easily
  5. Aurum Lupus

Almost as bad as my next door neighbour buying an old Merc off me for his son for £500 and taking out a roll of thousands and trying to barter from there :tearsofjoy:
  6. Aurum Lupus

Agreed, unless as is the rumour Saudi comes in for him, then we'll easily recoup what we paid and more. This is what's swinging me away from keeping him. But if he's effectively being given away I'd keep him as you're right we won't replace his goal contributions for the cost of his yearly salary.
  7. Aurum Lupus

I'm torn on Sarabia, I did support your view not too long ago, but having thought on it more, I really don't think we can have a top earner getting splinters most weeks.
  8. Aurum Lupus

Rumours from the pub

I get what you're saying, I just disagree with the likelihood is all. I think his history of almost joining before makes it less likely than any other manager that was in the same position.:)
  9. Aurum Lupus

Rumours from the pub

But this is about Lopetegui and his staff, not the rest of the club. They will have been on fixed term contracts, and the suggestion was we bought them on with the intention of removing once he's secured our prem position. I didn't say the effect would be marginal, just the chance that this is...
  10. Aurum Lupus

Rumours from the pub

It does, but not in an industry based on fixed term contracts, especially ones that would cost so much to get out of. Also we know he was close to joining years before, and that wasn't as a rescue job per se, it was to help build us. So while like you I don't dispute its possibility, the...
  11. Aurum Lupus

Che Adams

I dont think this looks good shape at all. Hwang can't play out wide, so he's pointless in this team. Plus Sarabia doesn't have the pace we want to play at either and is unlikely to be here next year going by the rumours. If there is a single new attacker in this scenario they have to be a...
  12. Aurum Lupus

Che Adams

I actually did type that in my previous reply, then decided to just name the recent striker I think Adams is preferable to
  13. Aurum Lupus

VAR to be SCRAPPED?!

Not but I'd count on them both to act in their own self interest, which getting rid of VAR is!
  14. Aurum Lupus

Che Adams

He provides a goal threat from the bench for no transfer fee and a reasonable salary. He's not a sexy signing for sure, but comes with Premier league experience and goals. I really don't think there are too many other better options when you consider it. He's preferable to Fraser, Fabio, Sasa...
  15. Aurum Lupus

If the Saudi rumours are true, I bet that's come from those. Loppers, I think you've logged in to the wrong account by mistake :grinning:
  16. Aurum Lupus

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

Yes I have, and the suggestion you're making carries the highest cost. That's why it's silly. Trying to say we're a laughing stock because of some overpriced kid we've got out on loan really is over stating things though. Yes he's devaluing himself, but you're suggesting we completely negate...
  17. Aurum Lupus

Sasa Kalajdzic

Agreed, I'm not that concerned about the financial aspect for that reason. Having one knee op is bad enough, he's on 3+ now. If he carries on he'll be on crutches or in a wheel chair before he's even middle aged. No one wants that
  18. Aurum Lupus

Sasa Kalajdzic

I dont like people calling for a sportsman's retirement, it really needs to be down to them. But someone close to him needs to have a chat and make him see sense and retire. His body just can't take the physical demands of football, even though he has the necessary skill.
  19. Aurum Lupus

Pogba is total pie in the sky based on him following Wolves due to Lemina. Having said that it would be the absolute coup of the century if somehow it happened! Gomes, Lemina, Pogba would be as good as pretty much any other midfield in the prem if Pogba was motivated. Barkley would be a...
  20. Aurum Lupus

Hwang has double figures this year, as a striker he is one of the most accurate in the prem. Adding Adams as his backup doesn't make us worse than having Fraser on the bench, and we're not 17th this year! We do still need to strengthen the forward line, but if we bring in another striker on top...
Back
Top Bottom