Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. W

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

I'm really glad O'Neil has the latest technology. Perhaps the software needs an update
  2. W

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

Dropping sa, experimental formation... catastrophic tactics from O'Neil
  3. W

The Death of Football, R.I.P.

Not quite sure about how subjective decisions are. Pre-VAR it seems to me that there were far fewer contentious moments, as the parameters for decision-making worked better in the sense that there was more allowance. PUt simply, attackers got the benefit of the doubt for offside, defenders got...
  4. W

I think you are missing how getting rid of VAR would actually work. Yes there would be more mistakes on big calls, such as penalties, but the question of bias would tend to show up more obviously and more quickly than before, where it can semi-hide behind the technology as "objective". Refs...
  5. W

U18 & U23 news and info...

I have followed him closely since he broke into the first team, (indeed previously when he was in the Academy). The problem is that he is showing little sign of development, and little sign of correcting some structural faults in his play. Mostly these stem from an extreme over-reliance on...
  6. W

The refs have had their role massively increased, with 7 refs now to every premier game. The nerds have the power!! The old adage the best refs are the ones you don't notice has been eliminated!! We have to clean the stables completely and reclaim the game.
  7. W

When all is said and done, a consistent and powerful rejection of VAR in the Premier stadia every week, will soon see it removed.
  8. W

The second penalty was always going to be given as Haaland made sure he protected the ball with his feet quite cleverly. Semedo did make a great effort, but inevitable that VAR would be able to slow it down and see the trip. Pre VAR it might have not been given, of course.
  9. W

Good summary. I would only add that it seemed to me he got the go-ahead over the headphones before he changed his mind.
  10. W

MoTD tonight

That's a good point. Accepting terrible decisions has now become normalised amongst many pundits. MOTD is a bit of a holdout in that respect. It does seem that instructions have gone around to not overly criticise decisions, again the MOTD is a part exception to this. But Wright is retiring...
  11. W

The system of bias is designed and modified precisely to ensure that exposure of that nature is very unlikely. The incident yesterday with Pawson was actually a classic example of how the system works. He hesitates to award the penalty, as it is clearly a very soft decision. He then changes his...
  12. W

Success this year of the Academy section across the board is something remarkable. And seems to involve a huge, coordinated effort by very many people, from the scouting up to the coaches themselves. The U21's would have done even better, imo, if the first team squad had not been so cut down...
  13. W

Manchester City v Wolves comms thread.

Game is bent. A 50-50 challenge where the attacker got his shot away already. Truly pathetic.
  14. W

Manchester City v Wolves comms thread.

If we get slaughtered it might turn out to be a clever decision.
  15. W

Today’s Games 2023-2024

It's bent.
  16. W

Swedish fans stop VAR dead in its tracks

Same thing can happen here.....just needs the crowds to make it clear they want rid...won't even take long
  17. W

noticed that Ojinnaka is 19. Does that mean a substantial fee if he is transferred??
  18. W

You need to drop this line of argument....because you are contaminating the discussion about VAR. The argument about fosuns scandalous failure in January is a separate discussion. The popular reaction against what happened on Wednesday feels like s breakthrough moment for wolves fans and...
  19. W

I'm not so pessimistic......get the crowds singing **** VAR every match and I can't see how it can survive.. We have more power in general than we realise. Curious situation....paying public hate part of what the pay for. That is not sustainable.
  20. W

Interesting to see so many decisive comments. That's just how I feel. Having argued for years that VAR could be salvaged with reform, I can suddenly see that it is not possible. Of all the complaints, its the ruination of the joy and ecstasy of the goals scored that is top of the list. I cant...
Back
Top Bottom