Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

STH renewal poll

STH are you going to be renewing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad that people are cancelling because of var. Please send an email to the club stating that's the reason, then just maybe the club can use this to put pressure on the powers that be.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of snide comments here. ‘People say they won’t renew the they will’, ‘some don’t even have a season ticket’ etc. Why is it so hard for some people to believe that some fans have had enough? Apart from about five seasons where I lived away from the area, I’ve had a season ticket since 2004. This is the first time I’ve lived locally, been able to afford it, not had any family commitments and won’t renew purely because the enjoyment is not worth it now. I will still go to some games, ideally about 5-10 of them, but obviously that depends on availability.

The waiting list numbers are *******s anyway, it’s easy enough to put your name down but when it comes to it how many people would actually get one if offered? Less than 50% on the list I reckon. I think the waiting list started under Nuno when we looked like we were going places.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not renewing. VAR and the terrible standards of the on-pitch refereeing is the main reason, it's not financial at all in my case. Also as you get older the whole business becomes a lot more effort. The unsocial hours of the kick offs, changed at short notice to suit Sky, is another reason in my case to call it a day.
I think you will renew, and I hope you do too

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home games are not even in question...off course I will renew...Away games are becoming a chore though....not so much the football...kick off times , expense, travel chaos and hassle...recovery time...ive already cut back in a few this season and to be fair can see it getting less next season..

I feel for all the people who have to travel etc for home games...
I gave up away travel nearly 20 years ago. At the time it seemed like a huge decision but now, I look back and can’t believe the time I wasted, that I could’ve been doing something else. I also had to use half a days holiday to go to the evening matches down south. Driving to Wolverhampton to then get the supporters coach. I have every admiration for the away following but I think I was totally screwy. Thank heavens for streaming.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I gave up away travel nearly 20 years ago. At the time it seemed like a huge decision but now, I look back and can’t believe the time I wasted, that I could’ve been doing something else. I also had to use half a days holiday to go to the evening matches down south. Driving to Wolverhampton to then get the supporters coach. I have every admiration for the away following but I think I was totally screwy. Thank heavens for streaming.
It's just the social aspect for me though....the chance to see a few mates, who you probably wouldn't see if it wasn't for the games.....still love an away game but it has to be the right time, decent city etc....its the only time you get to see a few mates....

I give up a few years ago the going up town for a drink before and after home games as it takes a hit on your finances and health etc....so for me and away game every month or so, and a good day out is my release.....but as I said the aggro with travel etc it's becoming a chore....and spoiling the day.....you can't have a beer on trains cause they are packed and toilets not working etc...yiu are standing up all the way and paying through the nose to...

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lying ....but the club can't do any wrong in some eyes :)

Let people have a view flump that's the whole point of a forum isn't it . Or we restricting content like in certain Asian countries they do by blocking Google and certain Eastern European countries.

Freedom of speech #have a view
Two things,

Who things the club cant do any wrong? There's some on here who refuse to criticise every little thing the club does, there's a measured difrerence.

Secondly, blind loyalty means some will still renew regardless.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not renewing. VAR and the terrible standards of the on-pitch refereeing is the main reason, it's not financial at all in my case. Also as you get older the whole business becomes a lot more effort. The unsocial hours of the kick offs, changed at short notice to suit Sky, is another reason in my case to call it a day.
Sad that you feel that way BSK, and it would be a pity if you did after all the years of being a ST holder, but I do get it, especially with all the ongoing travel issues and TV screwing up the Saturday 3.00pom kick off.

Last Saturday felt quite surreal as there was total apathy around me with many chucking the towel in after the second penalty. I hung around, not through blind faith that we might rally and win 3-2 but having got out of bed and done the bus and train thing I kind of owed to myself to support the team even though it was a fruitless exercise.
Perhaps like some I'm just knackered after a long season of home and away attendance and now need a Summer off to enjoy that big orange thing in the sky (when it finally rocks up!).

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before Fosun there were rows of empty seats
Then during Nuno a 10,000 waiting list .

Last year it was below 3000

Things change
You have to have a membership now to stay on the waiting list.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our group are late 50’s and totally hacked off with VAR.

I never thought I’d even consider giving up my ST. But, for the first time ever, I’ve come pretty close to knocking it on the head. However, after a good chat amongst us, we have decided to renew … for one reason and one reason only… the social match day craic.

Love the Wolves but hate what football has become.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it is a change in family situation which means the person I go with won’t be going next season. Nothing to do with VAR but currently not likely to renew. Will look to get to odd games when I can.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two things,

Who things the club cant do any wrong? There's some on here who refuse to criticise every little thing the club does, there's a measured difrerence.

Are you saying anyone that renews is blind loyalty?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two things,

You've seen from the replies NWW that some value the pre-match meetup with others, so there's many reasons why folk may renew. Plus for some, it's a lifetime passion irrespective of division or status.
It might seem a crazy thing to say, but I enjoyed the old 4th Division as much as I do now (probably more so with some of the crap that's been rolled into the modern game).

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go down the club will be begging us loyal fans to go back! But I’m so ****ed off with the stewards, facilities in the Bully upper and VAR, I’m up for someone taking my season ticket on for a season and I’ll go travelling the lower leagues. As my mates mate is a coach at Northampton I can get tickets at loads of grounds I’ve not been too as well. The club are treating us like Sky treat their long standing customers, shabbily. Thing is Sky are guaranteed a top 4 finish (in football terms) wolves are most definitely not! One bad season and the crowds will drop off again

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've seen from the replies NWW that some value the pre-match meetup with others so there's many reasons why folk may renew. Plus for some, it's a lifetime passion irrespective of division or status.
It might seem a crazy thing to say, but I enjoyed the old 4th Division as much as I do now (probably more so with some of the crap that's been rolled in to the modern game).
Oh please don’t think i was criticisng buddy far from it! much more enjoyed 3pm saturday kick offs every other week.

i’d classify myself as blindly loyal..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Blind loyalty is what football fans are all about isn't it? I mean loyalty is blind by definition isn't it? If we were objective we'd probably all just **** off down the Villa for a couple of years, if not Man City. That's just not how it works, because we aren't customers.

I guess the thing is loyalty means that everyone on here will still be a Wolves fan next season, just some will decide not to get a season ticket. I used to make the decision purely financially and if there were half a dozen games I couldn't get to in a season it wasn't worth it. Then it became that you couldn't get an away ticket and then a home ticket! A membership would get you into any home game now though and how much joy has there been away in the last two seasons? I guess I'm in for the away tickets still, but the cost and VAR might mean I'm on my own, at which point I'll probably decide it's not worth it for away games, we can all talk about cost and VAR, but really it's about value and losing more than you win kills that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the poll is at 76% yes/undecided and 24% no. If Mixers are representative it'll most probably finish about 70/30. Not sure how many ST holders there are but say about 25k so about 7k will not renew. I expect there are 7k on the waiting list so no worry for the Club. VAR or no VAR the ground will still be full next season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the poll is at 76% yes/undecided and 24% no. If Mixers are representative it'll most probably finish about 70/30. Not sure how many ST holders there are but say about 25k so about 7k will not renew. I expect there are 7k on the waiting list so no worry for the Club. VAR or no VAR the ground will still be full next season.
The ground hasn't been full all season....empty seats everywhere.....culminating in nearly 6k empty seats at Bournemouth ....VAR isn't the only reason but to say it isn't having any effect at all is not right... it's definitely not helping current attitudes towards top flight football.....

VAR is the hot topic off conversation from all top flight football fans...We lose 7k season ticket holders they is zero chance our ground being full next season...

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cons:
VAR
stupid handball rule
domination of the sky 6
long travel time (200 miles each way)
stupid kick off times like 7.30 sat night
potential season of struggle
wolverhampton is getting steadily worse sadly

Pros:
I like the way Oneil has us playing overall
been going 55 years
see friends
we win now and then

then there is the price which to be honest is less important than my time.

will probably renew but its a closer call now than for many years

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in my mid-70s and mindful that before too many more years have passed advancing years and/or failing health will prevent me from continuing my attendance at games, which dates back to 1958. Fortunately finance isn't an issue and I've been lucky enough to go to every game this season, home and away. I hate the joy-killing monstrosity that's VAR with a passion but I still derive enough enjoyment from following the Wolves to persuade me to renew my ST. Memories like our win at the Albion, the victory over Man City at Molineux and the doubles over Chelsea and Spurs still make it worthwhile for me. Besides, it would be just my luck to call it a day and then we go and win the FA Cup!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in my mid-70s and mindful that before too many more years have passed advancing years and/or failing health will prevent me from continuing my attendance at games, which dates back to 1958. Fortunately finance isn't an issue and I've been lucky enough to go to every game this season, home and away. I hate the joy-killing monstrosity that's VAR with a passion but I still derive enough enjoyment from following the Wolves to persuade me to renew my ST. Memories like our win at the Albion, the victory over Man City at Molineux and the doubles over Chelsea and Spurs still make it worthwhile for me. Besides, it would be just my luck to call it a day and then we go and win the FA Cup!
Good for you, keep going my mate

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Will renew but I fear for football - having the same 6 or so at the top year after year is no fun - not having the ability to take my son to away games (never come up in ballot) means that football’s demographics are changing - soon the average age of the away end will be 75 !

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top man, Mr. Baboon.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I would hazard a guess that the Mixers are not representative of the fan base

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ground hasn't been full all season....empty seats everywhere.....culminating in nearly 6k empty seats at Bournemouth ....VAR isn't the only reason but to say it isn't having any effect at all is not right... it's definitely not helping current attitudes towards top flight football.....

VAR is the hot topic off conversation from all top flight football fans...We lose 7k season ticket holders they is zero chance our ground being full next season...
We had 10k on the ST waiting list not that long ago? If we'd continued our push for Europe and had beaten Coventry the ground would have stayed full. VAR may be hurting football but attendances do not reflect the anger.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had 10k on the ST waiting list not that long ago? If we'd continued our push for Europe and had beaten Coventry the ground would have stayed full. VAR may be hurting football but attendances do not reflect the anger.
I think you’re probably right. There’ll be enough waiting on the sidelines that are ready to buy into the greed league.

However, for those of us that were lucky to watch most of our football pre VAR, I suspect that there might be more than a few that will fall by the wayside.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been empty seats everywhere all season...loads more than normal....the match day prices haven't helped but it's been a lot more noticeable this season...sways of empty seats in most stands...way before we lost to Coventry...

It won't all be down to VAR ....but I bet it's playing a big part..

Last edited:

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Like Baboon, am mid-70s and finances (fortunately) not an issue. My son has ST too and we enjoy seeing him - especially as he lives on south coast. That's why we keep AST - cos London games (and there are LOADS) are actually easier for both of us than home (I am in Cotswolds). But will we keep going? Like many there are several things I REALLY dislike:
- VAR (- it has completely destroyed the game we loved. SCRAP it. Nuff said)
- fixture changes to days and times make proper forward planning impossible (I play in 3 music groups, plus have other commitments and interests and never know until a month before whether I am at football open Saturday ... or Friday, or Sat night, or Sunday, or Monday...)
- media total obsession with about 7/8 clubs - the rest of us are completely ignored
- Premiership players cheating - diving, falling, arguing, feigning injury, time wasting....
- Premiership referees who think THEY are the story
- the idiocy of corners/free kicks where everyone is allowed to do anything (as long it is a BIG club doing it to a LITTLE club, of course!)
- the away fans who think it 'clever' to shout and gesture obscenely for no reason at all, and especially those who cower in the corner of a toilet having a cigarette and think they are somehow 'real men' for doing so!

Last year, I said I would have been happy to be relegated. Again, I like the occasional 'glorious victory' of us 'little folk' over our 'betters'. I feel much the same. Yes - a place in the Championship MIGHT mean we never again see a Moutinho, or Neves, or Jimenez, or... (add your own), but we can surely be a 'nursery' club for such players when coming through the ranks?

I have a feeling I would ENJOY my Saturday afternoons in the Championship, aspiring to get to the Premiership.... I would love KO mainly 3.00pm Saturday. No refs who are 'household names', honest endeavour from MOST players, less (not no) cheating, no 'prima donnas', no managers who think they can do and say what they like cos they are 'Global Superstars'. No Arteta standing PERMANENTLY outside his designated area because 'no-one is going to tell me where to stand. No Klopp, etc etc sprinting down touchlines, screaming at refs and instantly demanding the TV time to explain that the world is against them, and the ref was rubbish, and they didn't get a penalty every time Saka, Palmer, Salah, etc etc fell over his bootlace, or was breathed on by a centre half.

So will I renew? Probably. but the Away ticket only because of the convenience of meeting up with my son. It tells you enough that whenever I can't go and try to 'give my ticket' to a family or friend, they ALL say no - why? Because of the prospect of standing next to a brainless idiot with a foul mouth. Hey ho!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think you just need to read the comments on the live game thread, also there is no way that 30% of ST holders will not renew
I'm sure this is true. However the club also need to see that there's a tipping point, where STs don't sell out, people realise they don't really need one to get into the game, and then the sales drop a lot further.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes I will be renewing my season ticket - but only because I might miss something by giving it up. This season will be my 60th season and I want to see the FA cup paraded around Wolverhampton I was -2 months when we last won it -I go with my son who has never seen us win a trophy at Wembley I've seen 3 - 2 League Cups and a sherpa van. People say winning the Premier league is the ultimate but I'm old school the FA cup is everything to me - is that wrong?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3rd bottom of the last ten game form guide…….

We were second bottom till we played Luton who were third before that game……

Be brave to put it up too much if we get the United treatment from palace……..

Don’t forget all prices include free VAR controversy and some ticket cash for a cup gamee!

Back
Top Bottom