Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are assuming that those players you list want to stay and play for Gary sodding O'Neil. Methinks Jorge will be getting lots of calls wanting out by the end of the window.
or if the players dont realise they are unhappy yet....I am sure Jorge wont miss an opportunity like this to persuade them that they are. Every one of his players he gets to jump ship is cash in his pocket

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's on a negative net spend.
We're the only premier League club with no funds.

Can't even afford 5m for Aaron ****ing Cresswell, but the problem is Lopetegui.
I for one won't miss his moaning about cash, moaning on the touchline and constantly complaining. The manager equivalent of starting a fight in an empty room

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think the club should have just done nothing with regards to Julen constantly running to the press? Seems fairly clear to me that Julen has wanted out for months and he is now getting his wish. Guarantee he rocks up in Saudi in the very near future.

Should've been sorted one way or the other at the start of pre-season, not the end.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why folks are in a spin over O'neil. Not the first choice for me either but we have to be realistic. We have little money, even less now paying off the rat so we have very little option really. Potter is zero chance as he has tasted proper money now at Chelsea.
We’re getting ONeil because hell be a yes man who won’t believe his luck at getting another premier league job. He’ll be gone by Christmas and hopefully Shi and Hobbs with him.

Reaction score
Not sure why folks are in a spin over O'neil. Not the first choice for me either but we have to be realistic. We have little money, even less now paying off the rat so we have very little option really. Potter is zero chance as he has tasted proper money now at Chelsea.
Because he’s no good that’s why we might as well have appointed Doris the tea lady as Gary sodding O’Neil.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think the club should have just done nothing with regards to Julen constantly running to the press? Seems fairly clear to me that Julen has wanted out for months and he is now getting his wish. Guarantee he rocks up in Saudi in the very near future.

Thought all the blood money jobs had been taken tbh

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Praying they’ve interviewed Michael carrick, but that’s just me living in my safe circle of delusion
Why would you take Carrick over O'Neill? Didn't see him get Boro promoted did you? At least O'Neill has some prem experience

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or if the players dont realise they are unhappy yet....I am sure Jorge wont miss an opportunity like this to persuade them that they are. Every one of his players he gets to jump ship is cash in his pocket
And presumably Fosun will cream off their share of the profits too?... assuming they still have the reported 20% shares in Gestifute, that they acquired shortly before taking on the club!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genuinely furious. To move the goalposts once was bad enough. But having been given a second chance to deliver backing in a modest manner (within a financial framework publicly stated by the club), to move them again was always going to lead to this.

I don’t actually attach any blame to Lopetegui in this scenario. It’s awful planning and communication from the club, especially for someone who was such a long-term target.

To then compound this with a move for Gary O’Neil would be one of the most astounding pieces of illogical thinking I’ve seen from a Premier League club in years…

…and my in-laws are Watford fans…

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you take Carrick over O'Neill? Didn't see him get Boro promoted did you? At least O'Neill has some prem experience

I’d take Carrick over O’Neil, but absolutely no chance he leaves Boro for Wolves in our situation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like we've been on a messy downwards trajectory for a while, so I imagine that'll continue... Felt like we'd built something amazing with decent foundations, now we've got more in common with the Crooked House pub...
Re your first sentence accelerating hard l suspect.

Methinks what our friend in the Channel lslands heard from Scott's granddad was spot on.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And presumably Fosun will cream off their share of the profits too?... assuming they still have the reported 20% shares in Gestifute, that they acquired shortly before taking on the club!
Yeah, people forget that dodgy arrangement.
I am an auditor and would volunteer to 'follow the money'. It stinks

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth fans were pleased he was fired.

We need an established manager to go with the **** ton of moneys worth of players we have bought, along with some staff, as they will no doubt all be gone as well.

Instead it looks like its Gary O'Neil, who has done less than Bruno Lage, with some school leavers to help out around the place.

O'Neil will be gone by Xmas, and we will be repeating last season all over again, with probably a much worse outcome.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I have got to the point where emotionally, I just don't care anymore

After what they did to Nuno, a man who brought everyone at the club, including players, staff, fans together - literally uniting the city and creating something so unique in the 60 years I have supported this club, I have lost the emotional attachment I had for the club.

Still support them, obviously, still want to see us do well. But fosun have destroyed something which was at one point so special, potentially amazing.

The events since have just compounded it all.

But it all goes back to 21/05/2021

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jorge is the agent of many of them. Jorge was linked to, at the very least, JL's agent. The players know exactly what has gone on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re getting ONeil because hell be a yes man who won’t believe his luck at getting another premier league job. He’ll be gone by Christmas and hopefully Shi and Hobbs with him.
We will be bottom three by Christmas, utterly skint, and with no prospect of a JL style rescue.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The infamous Interview JL gave while in Portugal for pre-season was the catalyst for Wolves looking for replacement they realized that JL would not commit and he was given a number of times during the Summer to commit ..
Not blaming JL as he wanted assurances on signings looks as though Wolves could not give
Not blaming Wolves as we have chosen to comply to financial restrictions.. will it prove correct we will know when Everton receive their sentence for overspending
But Gary O Neil? Binned by Bournemouth as not able to achieve Bournemouth's ambitions, in the opinion of the board who appointed him.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The club are briefing the press daily. You think Phillips just came up with the £50mill figure on his own? Percy was in a Wolves sponsored podcast! Balague was the only outlet Julen had to get his side of the story across.

It's Jeff that got his wish- all Julen wanted was some new players!

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely furious. To move the goalposts once was bad enough. But having been given a second chance to deliver backing in a modest manner (within a financial framework publicly stated by the club), to move them again was always going to lead to this.

I don’t actually attach any blame to Lopetegui in this scenario. It’s awful planning and communication from the club, especially for someone who was such a long-term target.

To then compound this with a move for Gary O’Neil would be one of the most astounding pieces of illogical thinking I’ve seen from a Premier League club in years…

Awful stuff from China who have ****ed the club over

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

100%

Back
Top Bottom