Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you expect them to put out today if it’s believed they’re in talks?

“right boys and girls we’re just discussing sacking the head coach, but we might not be able to afford it so we’ll let you know either way later on”

You misunderstand my post in your desperation to get a dig in at me. I was commenting on the total silence on Wolves twitter about anything today, which is unusual. You have had a mare there SteveBullsKnee.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

“right boys and girls we’re just discussing sacking the head coach, but we might not be able to afford it so we’ll let you know either way later on”

Has Jimmy Savile joined our PR team?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just reflecting on a few things here.

Firstly, Chinese investment in football clubs hit the West Midlands like a tsunami, on a real wave of enthusiasm. One by one the others have gone wrong, but thought Fosun, were different. They were just given more time and have now been told to get out without losing face.

Let's be fair, Julen, Hobbs, the players, and all of us thought that after surviving last season that this would be a summer of transformation, but it started slowly, then expectations were lowered, then Neves was sold and for a brief moment there was hope, but with each passing week expectations are lowered and lowered. Just when you thought they couldn't sell any more there's still three and a half weeks to go.

If I'm honest I can't blame Lopetegui, asked to commit when the club won't reciprocate, I wouldn't blame Hobbs either if he resigned, Fosun have turned him into a second hand player salesman.

If O'Neill comes in, instead of that fresh start we were all craving, another season of tedium and scraping results is what we can expect at best. Add that to the last three seasons and you won't find it hard getting a ticket if you want one.

Grasping defeat from the jaws of victory the Wolves Way.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
yeah very foolish. a bit like believing a manger who has been angling to get out the club since the end of the season is or ever has been commited to wolves
I'll take Tring's bit of ITK over your thought Shi might be in China to ask for money like Oliver with a bowl.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been stirring up **** for months, he's hardly helped the situation has he. Fosun, Lopetegui and this ******* are all culpable for the situation we are in now.

Not one of them thinking about the fans or players, all got their own interests at heart, nevermind the fans who make the club what it is.
I get that but it is Shi that has ****ed up the financial planning so we can’t ****ing buy anyone now, even after selling assets worth circa £90M ****ing quid.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, if we somehow get Potter, I wouldn’t give a toss about JLo now. He’s almost certainly never wanted to be here. Poor millionaire hostage of the Chinese now wants his compo and will absolutely ruin a portion of our season if we’re not careful. The whole thing is unbelievable at an elite level of sports.

Fans need to stop thinking we’re shopping at the level of Potter.

It will be O’Neil, or an otherwise unheard of Portugueser. But I suspect we’ve cut our ties with Mendes now.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi has already been over to China this summer and told the club won't be getting any investment....not sure why he'd be over there again. Not outside the realms of possibility by any means but what would be the point?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO JL has no one to blame other than himself.

Assuming he goes, it could hardly have been at a worse time. That lies with JL.
You are typing these sentences in a way that suggests he cares. He’s not bothered about timing and, assuming he’s paid off, he’s not bothered about blame either (other than deflecting it for the sake of future roles).

Last edited:

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
The day England got knocked out. Good way to bury the news.
Remember it now, Germany World Cup, just lost to Portugal on pens. Waiting for a portable toilet in a fan park in Gelsenkirchen when some guy in a Wolves top told me the news.

Monswolf

Reaction score
It's going to be really interesting to see how the players react for the first few games of the season. On one hand they have looked good in pre-season, fit, motivated and seemed to be taking on Lopetegui's ideas really well. On the other he's been telling everyone they aren't good enough to compete in the premier league
Sorry but this is complete and utter bull**** made up to make JL the bad guys in all of this. Please show me any quote either direct or indirect where JL has stated that the team is not good enough to compete in the premier league.

Not once has he said this what he has actual said is the squad needs help and improving which from my point of view is absolutely spot on. there are hundreds off posts on this very forum where people say if your not improving and standing still in the prep then in reality your going backwards.

So again what is wrong in wanting a better SQUAD to help the other players over the term of a pre season??

Just look at the centre half we have 3, with the 4th Alfie Pond. Now you tell me that JL is wrong to ask for another experienced centre half to help the SQUAD over the season

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
If I'm honest I can't blame Lopetegui, asked to commit when the club won't reciprocate, I wouldn't blame Hobbs either if he resigned, Fosun have turned him into a second hand player salesman.
But he did commit in June. So did Fosun lie in June about the funds available? Or has this entire summer been JL trying to force the clubs hand in order to get the severance package he wanted?

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what he's been promised so if Shi has said there's a war chest and he's not been given it then that's fair enough, but I am edging towards he should have just got on with it. I think with a couple of loans we have enough to stay up and be competitive and look to invest more next summer when the finances should look better.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah SBK, I was hoping you would arrive.
I've decided to cast you as Dandini. :)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One last effort to get funds? Or crap scared of JL, and wanted to escape the crunch talks?
I am going he is a coward who has asked someone to do the dirty work for him!

This will be two great managers in Nuno and JL we have lost because Jeff is a massive control freak and incompetent ****.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi has already been over to China this summer and told the club won't be getting any investment....not sure why he'd be over there again. Not outside the realms of possibility by any means but what would be the point?
Maybe he is getting his P45, too?
I can hope.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
What a disaster.

No leader in the camp. Will affect players morale.

More importantly will the players respect the new manager and want to play for him, and will some want to leave.

Thought last season was a s...t show this takes the biscuit.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple I know but the role of a CEO is to have the ability to run whatever organisation he has. This involves handling problems when they occur or better still heading them off before they happen. There is no way Shi has ever shown he has the ability to do this. He has let this issue get out of hand.
One grovelling and meaningless letter. Sometimes this happen in life where certain people step forward with posititvity and this is missing in abundance.
JL when he came here in theory made a commitment to the club, the players, the fans, his staff, etc. But where was the skill of anyone in this club to be able to show him this side of things and see the challenges ahead and motivate him in this way. I have heard from many that Wenger had a very good relationship with David Dein and when Dein left Arsenal Wenger had lost a lot of his strength.
If Fosun want to get over this massive bump they need to bring in Consultant to override this negative situation and turn things around. Saving face is key to being able to get the best out of difficult situations.
If we believe Jl is more important to overall success for this club he needs to come out of this with Kudos. It can be done. If not he can be a negative influence on us.
I believe that would be a harder job as far as Shi is concerned but may be needed if only for a short period.
Maybe we should bring in a marriage guidance counsellor if only for the sake of the children. :D
Yep agree with what you are saying
What a horrible horrible mess we are in

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
So are these 'talks' going to be Shi saying get on with it or leave but you're not getting a payout? Why would we pay his contract off?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When do we expect white smoke from this meeting?
When he’s squeezed an extra few euros from us and sees this as the acceptance point of his long game plan?

As in to fleece us?

I can only imagine him laughing in Spanish with the warmness of his staying up bonus fresh in his bank.

I’m actually seething now. Lopetegui can **** off now.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he’s squeezed an extra few euros from us and sees this as the acceptance point of his long game plan?

As in to fleece us?

I can only imagine him laughing in Spanish with the warmness of his staying up bonus fresh in his bank.

I’m actually seething now. Lopetegui can **** off now.
I hate to break this to you but the Spanish laugh the same as us.

Back
Top Bottom