Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno or Beale.

Nuno or Beale.

• Total voters

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A straight choice, Nuno or Beale, to be the new Wolves manager.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale. Nuno's style would probably get us safe but it wouldn't bring the long term playstyle that Wolves fans or board want. Beale is a bigger risk short term but has a better outlook long term imo. Plus this team needs shaking up, a different management style is needed, not the same as we've had before.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Championship, 2x7th in the Premier League, Europa League quarter final and FA cup semi final, against someone who has won 8 matches in the Championship.
Beale could be a good manager, nobody knows, he has managed 15 matches in the Championship and is a huge risk.
Nuno is the best manager in 40 years at Wolves. He gave £250,000 to the poor people of Wolverhampton. He is a safe pair of hands and bleeds Wolverhampton. When other clubs wanted him, he always said he was happy at Wolves.
There is no comparison.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Choices are not that simple in real life.

However, Nuno, and it pains me to say it, is not the man Wolves need right now.

We need someone to take this squad by the scruff of the neck and get them playing football.……that is, a ZEST to win.
Nuno can’t do that.

Can Beale?………NOBODY knows…..

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale. Nuno's style would probably get us safe but it wouldn't bring the long term playstyle that Wolves fans or board want. Beale is a bigger risk short term but has a better outlook long term imo. Plus this team needs shaking up, a different management style is needed, not the same as we've had before.

If we go down Fosun have basically just written off the last 5 years of work.

Neves, Traore, Semedo, Guedes, Nunes, Raul, Moutinho, Coady, Sa - will almost certainly leave. We unearthed a rare mix of gems in Nuno’s first season, we will highly unlikely be able to sign another Boly, Jota, Neves etc to romp the league again. Look at the success rate of recent signings!

If we go down the ramifications are significant, and will take years to rectify.

Give me the more likely stability under Nuno any day, than the potential exciting football Beale might bring. 85% of the matches under the former were actually very fun to watch.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale and it's not even close. And I'm not even a huge fan of Beale.

Nuno couldn't adapt. That's why he's gone. He didn't score a ton with a striker who performed. Do you really think he'd get something out of Costa or Guedes asa striker?

I'd rather Nuno's legendary legacy live on forever. Coming back to potentially taint it doesn't interest me.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We need someone to take this squad by the scruff of the neck and get them playing football.……that is, a ZEST to win.
Nuno can’t do that.

A safe pair of hands against nobody knows, is an easy decision for me.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A safe pair of hands against nobody knows.
Fair comment but I don’t have your confidence that Nuno can lead us out of this……..and there’s a reasonable chance that the players who were with him in his last season share my view too. Some might not want him back.
As the saying goes…..”been there with Nuno, done that”.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously a legend but I’m not sure he was a safe pair of hands by the end. We were shipping goals and losing to Burnley and West Brom at home and I remember scraping through plenty of others.

I’d marginally take Beale but it’s like asking which nut you’d prefer to be kicked in. Beale is the right.

I’d rather they were kissed by the likes of Amorim or Lop. Proverbially of course.

Last edited:

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously a legend but I’m not sure he was a safe pair of hands by the end. We were shopping goals and losing to Burnley and West Brom at home and I remember scraping through plenty of others.

I’d marginally take Beale but it’s like asking which nut you’d prefer to be kicked in. Beale is the right.

I’d rather they were kissed by the likes of Amorim or Lop. Proverbially of course.
We were 13th in the league and 2x7th.
I find it difficult to understand you saying you aren't sure about Nuno's safe pair of hands, but then select Beale, who has almost no experience in management.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Safe pair of hands’ appears to be a metric which you’re using to determine suitability of candidate, it’s not for me.

But I was challenging the assignment of that tag to Nuno, although I can see why you’d think it. For me it was going the wrong way.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair comment but I don’t have your confidence that Nuno can lead us out of this……..and there’s a reasonable chance that the players who were with him in his last season share my view too. Some might not want him back.
As the saying goes…..”been there with Nuno, done that”.
A reasonable chance that the players share your point of view?
A manager that took them to the quarter finals of the Europa League an FA cup semi final and 2x7th in the Premier League against someone with almost no experience.
The best manager who has brought the most success to Wolves in 40 years, against someone who fancies himself on YouTube, but has almost no experience.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno can’t do that.

How can you say with any conviction that Nuno can't get them playing football and have that "zest" to win when he's already done it? and it lasted until the pandemic hit

Passing off opinion as fact

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted this is currently 50-50. A week ago Beale wouldn't have got 10% of the vote. People are willing to gamble the house on someone they didn't know the first thing about last week on the back of a couple of YouTube videos

It's preposterous that we're even looking at someone so inexperienced. I'd rather we appoint someone with pedigree and watch Beale get promoted with QPR and get his big move to a CL club in a couple of years than risk everything on an unknown quantity

But hey, what do I care, I only worry about the future of the club and about seeing all the hard work of the Fosun era up to now getting undone

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted this is currently 50-50. A week ago Beale wouldn't have got 10% of the vote. People are willing to gamble the house on someone they didn't know the first thing about last week on the back of a couple of YouTube videos

It's preposterous that we're even looking at someone so inexperienced. I'd rather we appoint someone with pedigree and watch Beale get promoted with QPR and get his big move to a CL club in a couple of years than risk everything on an unknown quantity

But hey, what do I care, I only worry about the future of the club and about seeing all the hard work of the Fosun era up to now getting undone
Should be neither really. It’s where the club have left us because they are doing things on the cheap.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A reasonable chance that the players share your point of view?
A manager that took them to the quarter finals of the Europa League an FA cup semi final and 2x7th in the Premier League against someone with almost no experience.
The best manager who has brought the most success to Wolves in 40 years, against someone who fancies himself on YouTube, but has almost no experience.
You don’t think that some of the players were fed up with Nuno by the time he left?
I do……but neither of us knows for sure.

My point is ….would the squad respond to a Nuno return in a positive manner? Some might…..some mightn’t.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you say with any conviction that Nuno can't get them playing football and have that "zest" to win when he's already done it? and it lasted until the pandemic hit

Passing off opinion as fact
Ok…fair enough. I should have said I don’t think Nuno can get the team going again.

But in the past and in the future have you or will you pass off your opinion as fact?
You EVER done that?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok…fair enough. I should have said I don’t think Nuno can get the team going again.

But in the past and in the future have you or will you pass off your opinion as fact?
You EVER done that?
I'd normally back it up with evidence from somewhere before passing it off as a fact

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd normally back it up with evidence from somewhere before passing it off as a fact
Facts?…..

“A week ago Beale wouldn't have got 10% of the vote. People are willing to gamble the house on someone they didn't know the first thing about last week on the back of a couple of YouTube videos”

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Facts?…..

“A week ago Beale wouldn't have got 10% of the vote. People are willing to gamble the house on someone they didn't know the first thing about last week on the back of a couple of YouTube videos”
A couple of weeks ago it's safe to say that most Wolves had never heard of Beale let alone wanted him as our manager.

I understand seeking potential but rather too many posts smack of desperately clutching at straws for positives when there are precious few. A Beale appointment would really risk crash and burn.

Last edited:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The disrespect on here towards the greatest manager of our modern era just blows my brain.

A relatively iffy few months during the height of a global pandemic, and it’s like the best 3-4 years of most of our Wolves supporting lifetimes never happened.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The disrespect on here towards the greatest manager of our modern era just blows my brain.

A relatively iffy few months during the height of a global pandemic, and it’s like the best 3-4 years of most of our Wolves supporting lifetimes never happened.
Personally, loved the guy and still so but I don’t think , at this moment in the season, he can help us.
Just an opinion……I could be wrong.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who’d have thought it would come to this?!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Championship, 2x7th in the Premier League, Europa League quarter final and FA cup semi final, against someone who has won 8 matches in the Championship.
Beale could be a good manager, nobody knows, he has managed 15 matches in the Championship and is a huge risk.
Nuno is the best manager in 40 years at Wolves. He gave £250,000 to the poor people of Wolverhampton. He is a safe pair of hands and bleeds Wolverhampton. When other clubs wanted him, he always said he was happy at Wolves.
There is no comparison.
Why ask then?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not even against Beale. I am one of those who is quite encouraged by the prospect of him and what he could potentially bring.

Key word in that however, potentially.

Nuno would quite easily be a better appointment and i think that is a matter of fact.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno gave us premier league football, many tried before. Under Nuno we went from just visiting the top league to becoming an established member, it’s only in doubt at this point in time because of Jeff Shi’s decision making, why would I think anything has changed. People compare this bloke to Arteta, I guess working with Gerrard at Rangers is almost like working with Guardiola at City.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This reminds me of the transfer threads. The new shiny expensive object so much better than what we know in many posters eyes. Then they join and they are quite quickly rubbish in the same posters eyes {guedes, trincao, nunes etc etc) Beale may be ok but he has a 16 game managerial record. 16 games. I wouldvtake nuno all day long. He built something strong and positive very quickly. It has been almost totally lost as we have dismantled his squad. Only neves and moutinho cling on to the old ways. And it shows. So, for me nuno. I want wolves to stay up

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s not disrespect, I just thing most people feel that Nuno had his time and are getting sick of a section of posters constantly going on about him, as if he’s going to wave a magic wand. I know I am.

He did great here, under very good circumstances, playing a defensive, counter attacking game, with Raul and Jota up front, no injuries, Moutinho a few years younger, then -

Less than a goal a game at Wolves for over 12 months,
Less than a goal a game in 10 games at Spurs,
Playing, apparently, dull football in Saudi Arabia.

Is this really the bloke to get us scoring goals again? Honestly?

Some posters act like he’s some kind of Wizard. Remember the bottle job at Wembley? Otasowie as a false 9? Choosing to sign Podence over Olmo? Failing to use Vitinha? The **** performance against WBA? 4-0 at home to Burnley? Going to Chorley and having one shot?

He will rightly go down as a great manager in our history and I have huge respect for him, but some folk need to get over it.

(And when the inevitable pelters arrive replying to this, yes, I am well aware we finished 7th twice it was great. I also remember Koeman finishing 7th then 6th with Southampton in 2015 and 2016. Wouldn’t want him either.)

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Must admit, I’ve never seen so many fans refuse to accept that it’s time to move on from
Nuno.

The bloke did wonders apart from his last season. But also remember the same bloke tactically threw away the FACup semi final too with 10 mins to go.

Nuno’s teams don’t score lots of goals. What do
We need? Commitment, energy and bodies in the final third.

Nuno isn’t the answer and I find it pretty astonishing that Wolves fans are refusing to get over their old partner. A lot of you need counselling because this is becoming silly.

Beale isn’t my first choice, but who is. I don’t have one per day.

Any manager coming in isn’t guaranteed success, and just because they are a name, doesn’t guarantee it either.

We have a board that doesn’t regularly shell out 100 million each summer. We have a board who want to be self sustainable. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong but other clubs have flung big cash around in recent years and are in no better position than us at the moment, besides a few points. Everton, Villa, Fulham to name a few.

Nuno was an unknown really, and his CV may have been slightly better than Beale in his game experience but he had no idea what to expect of the English game really. Beale has worked in the English, European and South American leagues earning knowledge.

I personally feel more enthused about Beale than I did about Lage, and he won a title with a big team in Portugal.

The sooner fans realise that Nuno isn’t the right option for this club moving forward and leave your ex partner emotions at the door the better

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it’s who you think will keep us up, on the balance of probabilities its Nuno.

T

TheConcourse

Idiots. Absolute idiots.

Have never seen such high levels of stupidity condensed into one platform.

T

TheConcourse

Nuno can’t do that.

A zest to win huh. What does that mean?

Cardiff away, Bristol City away, Man City at home, United at home, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs at home.

Steadied the ship and lead us to safety in one of the most complex sociological periods in history with 20+ men who were probably feeling a range of uncontrollable emotions.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago it's safe to say that most Wolves had never heard of Beale let alone wanted him as our manager.

I understand seeking potential but rather too many posts smack of desperately clutching at straws for positives when there are precious few. A Beale appointment would really risk crash and burn.
I would never denigrate what Nuno did, but am also massively against him coming back. 2nd time managers never reach the heights of their previous reign and he'd quite probably ruin his legacy here if he tried and failed.
I also think Beale is a massive risk but if given the choice would opt for him over Nuno.
People are complaining about others using opinions as facts, but its what we're all doing about this appointments chance of success. If(and its a massive one) Beale was to come in and succeed we're all going to be eating a big slice of humble pie.
I would honestly much rather someone with at least a few years management experience, but it doesn't look like we're going to get it. So will get behind Mick and hope to whatever deity is looking down that he at least doesn't get us relegated this year!

Back
Top Bottom