Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sellars has fallen into a job he has absolutely no right to be in. He wouldn’t have a chance in hell of getting the same role at another PL club.

I have question marks over Bruno too.

Basically it has the potential to go extremely badly.
we all know Shi is in charge and he tends to pick people who do as he wishes. thats not going to change unless fosun change him

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the two that couldn't see the good value in Vitinha but thought they had to rush in Hwang.
But for all we know, Nuno didn't want Vitinha - he rarely played him, after all - and Bruno did want Hwang signed up.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we have no choice but to rebuild. i agree it is very risky but the following are probably leaving"
neves
moutinho
ruddy
marcal
jimenez
saiss
boly (maybe)

thats a rebuild regardless of any other changes and of them only neves is what you might describe as young at 25. the others are all 30+.
You can surely add Traore to that list. I also think we will unload some of the younger players who are unlikely to make it here but could bring in some money such as Sanderson etc

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can surely add Traore to that list. I also think we will unload some of the younger players who are unlikely to make it here but could bring in some money such as Sanderson etc
Sanderson and Giles, I would imagine.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically we are selling the best players to buy more Hwangs.

The project is dead.

That Hwang transfer, and the Silva one to be fair, just make me so ****ing angry given the budget we have to work with. Throw in giving away Adama for free and just about sums up what an awful job we have made of things since lockdown.
But still 10000% than the days of selling Robbie Keane with no sell-on and continually buying rubbish with no future re-sale value.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be gutted to see Neves leave, absolutely gutted. But at the same time, I recognise a great fee gives is a platform to actually move forward.

My issue is, the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep at night, and the first thing I think about when I wake up, is that our recruitment team took a look at on loan Hwang and thought, yes, that would be a great use of 14m we don’t even have.

Same people who thought Adama would be better warming Barcas bench instead of ours.

I have absolutely zero faith in these people to oversee a rebuild. Unless Jorge is going to do us favours on the level of 18-19 we are in grave danger of things turning south very very quickly.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

But do we not think its these leaders that are dictating our style of play. Backwards backwards, side to side because of their own shortcomings. Moutinho and neves play exactly the same way for portugal. Not many people would say portugal are a great watch after the last euros and scraping qualification for the world cup this time through the play offs.

I would love it if neves stayed, but i also think he is part of the problem currently with our style of play.
Disagree with the Neves part as I think he would really flourish with lots of movement in front of him imo

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is going to be something else this summer it seems
It's something else already. To save new readers checking earlier posts -

Shi is rubbish.
Sellars is rubbish.
Silva is rubbish.
Hwang, well I'll be amazed if he doesn't start World War 3.
Bruno hasn't a scooby.

Even Doris forgot to buy some sugar.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Shi is rubbish.
Sellars is rubbish.
Silva is rubbish.
Bruno hasn't a scooby.

You forgot "We'll be relegated next year" "I fear for us next season" " -------- is ****. (insert player name in the space)

Reaction score
I feel the same as many posters here....
I have literally zero faith in Sellars and Shi directing a summer rebuild!
ZERO!!!!
(Opinion based on the overwhelming evidence of recent transfer windows).

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be the Summer that ruins all the good work of the last 5 years.

Clear that some big hitters are going to leave and who knows what the clowns in charge will replace them with.

A few more Hwangs and we'll go down.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You forgot "We'll be relegated next year" "I fear for us next season" " -------- is ****. (insert player name in the space)
You also forgot —————— (insert other team in space) is doing bits with the obligatory ….. ‘we should have been all over that‘

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically we are selling the best players to buy more Hwangs.

The project is dead.

That Hwang transfer, and the Silva one to be fair, just make me so ****ing angry given the budget we have to work with. Throw in giving away Adama for free and just about sums up what an awful job we have made of things since lockdown.

Clear that some big hitters are going to leave and who knows what the clowns in charge will replace them with.

Thought we were going down this year? Curse those.clowns. Run the club into the ground.

Be good to give Norwich a round of applause at the weekend to see what a truly successful club look like

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shi is rubbish.
Sellars is rubbish.
Silva is rubbish.
Bruno hasn't a scooby.

Brilliant!

I'm also looking forward to 'Fulham have overtaken us'

Just league Championship bound Leeds had.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think there could be a horrible degree of truth in what you say. For some reason I keep thinking back to the summer we signed Johnson and O'Hara and everyone thought everything was going to be wonderful. We need to be careful what we do. Things can go into meltdown very quickly.

Reaction score
The clowns that oversaw neves, moutiniho, boly, Jimenez ait nouri, semedo, Rui, jota, sa, and all the rest of the rubbish players that got us two 7th place finishes not to mention quarter finals of europa league
Except that there have been major changes behind the scenes during that period, the clowns now aren't the same clowns as then

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Except that there have been major changes behind the scenes during that period, the clowns now aren't the same clowns as then

Shi has been in charge the whole time. Sellars has been at the club since 2014. Are you longing for the glory days of Kevin Thelwell, who was universally regarded by all on here as doing a brilliant job?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be gutted to see Neves leave, absolutely gutted. But at the same time, I recognise a great fee gives is a platform to actually move forward.

My issue is, the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep at night, and the first thing I think about when I wake up, is that our recruitment team took a look at on loan Hwang and thought, yes, that would be a great use of 14m we don’t even have.

Same people who thought Adama would be better warming Barcas bench instead of ours.

I have absolutely zero faith in these people to oversee a rebuild. Unless Jorge is going to do us favours on the level of 18-19 we are in grave danger of things turning south very very quickly.

We all knew Neves one day would move on to bigger and better things. I'm very concerned judging by some of these club comments they think a fee of about 45-50 million is enough for him. I'd shut the door and wouldnt even negotiate with any club unless a minimum 65 million bid came in. Its not over dramatic to say we could lose our 3 first choice midfielders in the summer and how do you build a quality midfield these days for under 70 or 80 million? If that happens, plus we need probably 2 new attackers ( striker and a wide player ), at least one quality center half, you are talking a fortune for a rebuild. I cant remember how much i said i thought it would cost a few weeks ago, but you would have to pull off some genius moves in the transfer market to achieve that for under 120 million.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we all know Shi is in charge and he tends to pick people who do as he wishes. thats not going to change unless fosun change him
I find it really bizare the way that people blame Shi but not Fosun?!?! He is their puppet. Its like you are in denial, and Shi is the easy one to blame.
you really think they give one guy total autonomy on one of their investments?! That's not how China works

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it really bizare the way that people blame Shi but not Fosun?!?! He is their puppet. Its like you are in denial, and Shi is the easy one to blame.
you really think they give one guy total autonomy on one of their investments?! That's not how China works
100% judge the club after this summer big things are boiling.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no way we’ll be able to afford to pay the kind of fees that players ready to hit the ground running usually command. Last year we balked at the £25m for a centre half and its likely we will need about 4 or 5 players to step into the team. Consequently I think we could well bring in a couple of Moutinho type signings, players towards the end of their career available on a free, or for a low fee, but obviously commanding higher than average wages. If not the money available will be spread very thinly and given recent transfer windows the likelihood of unearthing four players at bargain prices is very low. I just hope Fosun realise that this window could have a massive impact on the value of their asset and don’t keep trying to do things on the cheap. It certainly is time to focus on the here and now rather than buying players that might be ready for the first team in three years time.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh, I’m quietly excited by the prospect of the club having to rebuild the squad - regardless of who is in charge. Bruno’s position can/has been discussed at great length across different threads but I’m at a point where I’m indifferent to whether he stays or leaves.

But in terms of the team, I think most of us would agree that this squad have had some tremendous highs and some damaging lows with plenty of cheer and frustration along the way. Things have probably crept up to a natural end and the moving on/parting of ways is as inevitable as it is necessary.

I think this summer is huge and I’m just excited to see what happens for this great club next. WWFC is my passion and whatever the next steps on the journey, we will all continue to support the team, enjoy the new highs and despair at the things that we feel are not quite right. Ultimately I think this will be a summer of lots of movement in and out, and I really do think that this will be a period of intrigue and nervousness as none of us know which direction the club are going to be going. I for one will be looking on trying to be positive about the changes coming, but always being grateful and thankful to the departing/departed players and managers for their part in the most successful period in my lifetime.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn’t really be in the position of facing a major rebuild to be honest, it’s extremely risky. This should’ve started last summer at the latest. It’s poor planning.
Planning for a centre half should have started four years ago. Gomez has done quite well but he is clearly nowhere near ready if he can’t get in ahead of an out of form Saiss and past it Boly. Mosquera looks very raw and again is nowhere near ready.. There’s a lot of talk about moving to a back four and the only player at the club who might be able to play in a back four at the moment is Kilman which would necessitate at least two new CHs. The same applies in CM and up front, players that have been first team fixtures for years are on a downward trajectory and we’ve got nobody waiting in the wings good enough to step into their shoes.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think there will be less major change than people expect. I don’t see us letting eg. Ruddy, Coady, Neves, Moutinho & Raul all go at the same time.

I could see it being staggered over the next two to three windows.

Maybe Neves goes, Mouts stays another year or until Jan to bed in the replacement.
Same with Coady if eg. Saiss or Boly go.

We can’t just replace majority of defence, entire midfield and attack in one go and expect to stay up.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this summer is huge and I’m just excited to see what happens for this great club next. WWFC is my passion and whatever the next steps on the journey, we will all continue to support the team, enjoy the new highs and despair at the things that we feel are not quite right. Ultimately I think this will be a summer of lots of movement in and out, and I really do think that this will be a period of intrigue and nervousness as none of us know which direction the club are going to be going. I for one will be looking on trying to be positive about the changes coming, but always being grateful and thankful to the departing/departed players and managers for their part in the most successful period in my lifetime.

great post. who knows what'll happen - maybe it'll go pear-shaped but maybe not. going to be interesting for sure

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Planning for a centre half should have started four years ago. Gomez has done quite well but he is clearly nowhere near ready if he can’t get in ahead of an out of form Saiss and past it Boly. Mosquera looks very raw and again is nowhere near ready.. There’s a lot of talk about moving to a back four and the only player at the club who might be able to play in a back four at the moment is Kilman which would necessitate at least two new CHs. The same applies in CM and up front, players that have been first team fixtures for years are on a downward trajectory and we’ve got nobody waiting in the wings good enough to step into their shoes.
It all seems so reminiscent of the late 1970s!
The majority of the League Cup winning team got “old” together…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom