Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa vs Wolves. The Verdict.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady has a knack for being in good places at set pieces. Keep him going up for them I would. I mean he's not a finisher but probably alone will mean he will score eventually.

Poor game like the last time we played them but thankfully the ref didn't reward them with a dodgy pen this time.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical 1st half, better 2nd but nothing really from either side in open play. Draw fair result.

Can Boly please come back & sooner Podence comes back the better.

Good interview from Coady.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap first half....... players clearly doing the safe pass it back options because those are the instructions and tactics. As much as people scream at moutinho for it, he is clearly following a game plan as he is far more positive when he plays for Portugal.

second half, far far better and for me a sign that nuno only takes the shackles off once he sits with them in the changing room.
One decent save from Neto’s great run and the top class save to deny coady aside we missed two sitters in close succession with coady hitting the post and sais clearing the ball off the line for villa.....

Samedo is looking a lot better defensively as the season has gone on.

I think Jose has zero chance of staying even if he bags a hat trick against the ****!!!! Over the 90 minutes the worst player in a wolves shirt.

but can dendonker just be taken out of defence now........ he is a calamity waiting to happen and a better team would have punished him for that first half display.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As frustrating a game as we’ve played all season. Think Nuno got it wrong again tonight, I’d prefer Silva over Jose, who just doesn’t seem to have adjusted to the premier league. Traore wasn’t on it, Saiss was great with his head, awful with his feet, his passing was terrible and he’s cost us two points tonight with his one footedness, to get it over the bar from a yard is a pretty special trick.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the counter argument at this point?

We have a full strength team bar Jimenez. What’s the reason for being so negative.

I don’t disagree with you or the other post about Nuno out. I’m on the fence. But part of me thinks this journey may have run its course.

We really do have to get recruitment 100% right in the summer. If we don’t then he’s gone by Christmas and we’re in a relegation fight.
But is it just down to recruitment? As other mixers have noted, with the players we have we should be doing better and the second half performances of a game suggests we are a much better team when we play on the front foot and further up the pitch.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The definition of insanity is seeking the same solutions and expecting a different result.

If I was somebody on the season ticket waiting list, I would phone up the ticket office on Monday and asked to be taken off the waiting list.
But the solutions are in the squad haha

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really blame Nuno for Saiss putting the ball over an open goal from 2 yards...
Of course not. Can for the reserved first half period when we looked dreadful, when discussing the parallels between the 2 coady said we got forward more in second half, well why are we not in first?

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Draw fair result
First half God knows how were weren't behind
Second half God knows how we didn't win it
Overall we have got to stop playing so defenceive in first half and relying on a second half improment

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a game of football.

They were the stronger in the first half but hit the woodwork when it would be easier to score.

We were the stronger in the second half but contrived to sky it or shoot at the keeper when it would be easier to score.

Rui had one save to make in something like the 89th minute.

Roll on next season, and hopefully we’ll start playing like we do in the second half of matches. Because frankly there’s little else to say in that non event of a game.
non-event of a 'Derby'...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Cheers for everything Nuno but you’ve officially bored me too death. Kindly take your leave and go back to your family
You can have your opinion about the football we are playing and wanting a different manager but why choose to treat Nuno with such disrespect and disdain? It's been a hard season and we haven't been great but he's given us the most exciting times in our recent history.

From a footballing point of view, we're going to be safe in a weird season and I think Nuno has at least earned a chance next season after time to reflect and train in the summer. If things don't improve after a proper rest and preseason (the Euros aside) then maybe we will need to look at the managerial situation. I'm happy to stick with Nuno for now, he deserves our support and patience for the time being.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The standard Wolves covid world football game. Other posters are right. Its boring.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
First half shocking, nervous passess all over the place

Another clean sheet.
Dendonker better 2nd half but still lost the ball which nearly caused us problems.
Jose starting to look like Cutrone Mark 2.
Traore quiet again.
Saiss needs to be more careful with his passing.

A point towards 40 finish on a positive !!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno ball is officially more boring and predictable
Than Gattland ball that wales used to play in the rugby...... that took some beating but nuno has managed it

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love this team love Nuno but bored to death watching :(
That's basically how I feel.

I mean we are on a decentish run - 1 defeat in 7 (against the runaway champions) but it's dull now.
Then again, football in general is very dull now. I can't remember the last decent game I watched.

I just can't wait for this season to end. It's very very boring

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say our 2nd half was slightly better than their 1st half so probably should have won it; especially with the missed chances and saves.

Im sooooo frustrated tonight and I’m also starting to get really really annoyed at our first half displays. I’ve been fairly relaxed about only playing for half the game but it’s bothering me now as Villa were really bad and we’ve basically wiped our arses on 2 points and flushed them down the toilet.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you being serious? Can you honestly tell me you’re enjoying the football he’s serving up?

I'm not enjoying it at all. But it's keeping us out of the relegation battle. That's the only positive, though it is a big one. If Nuno leaves, Pulis could step straight in and continue with these team:)

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say our 2nd half was slightly better than their 1st half so probably should have won it; especially with the missed chances and saves.

Im sooooo frustrated tonight and I’m also starting to get really really annoyed at our first half displays. I’ve been fairly relaxed about only playing for half the game but it’s bothering me now as Villa were really bad and we’ve basically wiped our arses on 2 points and flushed them down the toilet.
And that is what makes out customary 45 minutes of sitting back in the first half even harder to take.

Reactions: Ned

Chiggy83

Groupie
Reaction score
First half continued our recent trend of awful first halves where we have been saved by bits of luck that we weren’t getting earlier in the season. Defensively all over the place, midfield giving the ball away continuously and absolutely no cohesion in attack.

Much more intent in the second half and probably should have gone on to win it with two poor misses from Coady (great save on the second to be fair) and an almost unbelievable one from Saiss.

Patricio 6
Dendoncker 5
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Semedo 6
Neves 6
Moutinho 5
Jonny 5
Traore 5
Jose 5
Neto 7

At the end of the last two seasons, I felt we just needed small tweaks in the Summer. Following on from the last 4 months, I think we need a far bigger overhaul.

The only players who I am convinced we need to build around are:

Rui
Semedo, ???, Boly, ???
???, Neves, ???
???, Raul, Neto
Scores bang on for me.
as for next seasons squad I’d have Johnny as LB. and think everyone else left in is correct.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sick of the laziness of it all. Ok, a better second half but same old no show first half is unforgiveable. A lot of questions, a lot of problems. No need to go over them over and over again. Just pick one of my previous post match posts. Enough said, gut nicht!

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Boring.
I've had enough and it's time up for Nuno unfortunately, aswell as half the starting 11 aswell.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the counter argument at this point?

We have a full strength team bar Jimenez. What’s the reason for being so negative.

I don’t disagree with you or the other post about Nuno out. I’m on the fence. But part of me thinks this journey may have run its course.

We really do have to get recruitment 100% right in the summer. If we don’t then he’s gone by Christmas and we’re in a relegation fight.

The counter argument is wait for things to get back to normal. Nuno at least deserves that.
We aren't the only team underachieving this season. Mainly teams with strong starting Xi's and who played alot of games last season.
See arsenal spurs Liverpool and promoted sides.

Back
Top Bottom