Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Martin Odegaard

D

Deleted member 3573J

See transfer thread, that's what's it's there for :)

Why's it there for though? Why do we have all players linked put on a single thread? Surely the forum's feng shui sufferers can handle an individual thread about a player? After all, we had a lengthy thread about David Jonathan, Canada's most prolific striker since the guy from Due South protested about his Mountie job being made redundant in series 5 episode 16.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
for pitys sake...let people put something on if they want...it annoys me more when we have a thread for a player but someone starts a new thread just to say something about the last game they played in

so is he any good? anyone seen him play ? will now check out rumours thread !! lol

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why's it there for though? Why do we have all players linked put on a single thread? Surely the forum's feng shui sufferers can handle an individual thread about a player? After all, we had a lengthy thread about David Jonathan, Canada's most prolific striker since the guy from Due South protested about his Mountie job being made redundant in series 5 episode 16.
And the Crash Test Dummies did the theme tune...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very much a type of player that would suit us, forward thinking, young, certainly talented. Would r suitably chuffed should this come off.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The sort of player we need, similar to Dani Olmo.

An attacking midfield player who comes deep and can also go wide. He's a ball user who can keep the ball under pressure - the inability to control and carrying in the centre is the reason our midfield is unable to hold up well enough when stressed.

We can be looking but it will be a difficult task to hook a player like that if we aren't 'attractive' enough with our situation....there will be many suitors.

R

reanswolf

Are we setting ourself up to fail in the transfer market again?
End up with nowt?

D

Deleted member 5962

An attacking midfield player who comes deep and can also go wide. He's a ball user who can keep the ball under pressure - the inability to control and carrying in the centre is the reason our midfield is unable to hold up well enough when stressed.

We can be looking but it will be a difficult task to hook a player like that if we aren't 'attractive' enough with our situation....there will be many suitors.

He might not be as attractive as people seem to be thinking. Hes been on loan mid table dutch teams for 3 years before going to sociedad. He seemed a good player but not exactly the exceptional talent he was made out to be when Real Madrid signed him. Might be wrong but IIRC Mason Mount had around the same level of stats for the same eredivisie team Odegaard was last loaned to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please get him, think he still has the ability to be great after a slow start to Madrid and his ego outgrown his ability for a few years. But is now back on track and since last season he has been fantastic. Could play him in the midfield in a 532 and outwide on the 343.

Since his loan move to Vitessse, 41 game, 11 goals and 13 assists and creating on average of 3.5 chances a game. To put into context Joao Moutinho creates 1.7 and Adama creates 1...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can only echo above. Just the kind of attacking midfielder we are crying out for and seems to be re-discovering the form that made him a hot property
in the past. Olmo would be even better but will probably go to one of our top six or big European team in January. So encouraging rumour but 3 months to go before we can sign anyone and the squad is going to be stretched to the limit in the meantime.

RobB

Reaction score
Someone like Odegaard or Olm who can play RW or as a ten must be a priority signing. Give us some attacking options both player and formation wise.

D

Deleted member 4099

We were quietly linked with him in the summer I remember asking my nephew who he was.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Oh screw it, there's loads of 'media outlets' reporting this and having a Martin Ødegaard thread is just too good to miss. So I'm taking the discussion from the transfer rumour thread and making this.

Once again linked in tomorrow’s Mirror with a 20m move to wolves

Amazing if we can pull this out the bag

:D It's not even October yet! January transfer rumours starting early.

I think, after this summer, very few fans will be getting their hopes up. Reality well and truly checked. Always fun to dream though ;)

Would lift the spirits immediately.
Martin Ödegårds talent is undisputed,and now he seems to be set to bloom.
Would be a great transfer for us this..with todays crazy market in mind,the 20 mill talked about is a bargain price according to me.
The potential upside in an Ödegård transfer for those sums is huge IMO.

IIRC he's played mostly as a winger in recent years mate. He has 90 appearances as a right winger, around 59 as an AM and I thin 4-5 as a cm.

I saw him for Vitesse and Heerenveen in the eredivisie, where he played often as a left footed right winger. Havent really seen him centrally except against Ajax, where he didnt really impress me, but I cant judge him there from 1 game.

Fair enough. In my head I had him down as an attacking central midfielder, Maddison-type role.

He could be. According to transfer markt, hes started the season at Sociedad as an AM and is doing well, but in the 3 years he was in the Eredivisie, he played mostly on the right, so thats the only real knowledge I have of him.

ManSolo

Reaction score
There is absolutely no chance of Martin Ødegaard coming to Wolves.
Last season he was streets ahead of his teammates at Vitesse. 6th best player in Eredivisie, not playing for a top side.
At La Real he excells in the no10 role. Originally Real Madrid loaned him out for 2 seasons to Sociedad, but it might be cut short due to his stellar performances.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£45m and won't get out of bed for less than £100k.

Wolves can afford him but that would be a chunk of next summer's budget gone when that sort of money needs to be spent on one of the back three replacements.

Unless Neves is being moved on for a similar amount. United and Liverpool will be keeping their powder dry in the press but January will see bids from both.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I always find it curious when links start appearing so early...

When that happens it's usually:

1. A press hack (in this case Tom Hopkinson) getting a snippet from a scout watching a game, (or putting two and two together on who the scout is watching) and then writing a speculative story to earn their money.

2. The agent putting his player in the shop window - in this case Björn Tore Kvarme at NSKY. Maybe the kid isn't liking life at Real Sociedad?

3. The selling club putting their player in the shop window. He joined in July 2019. Does anyone know if Real can terminate his loan early and sell him? He's supposed to be there for a year...

4. From what I've learnt over the years, buying clubs do sometimes want to tie up deals very early but in this case I honestly can't see why putting it in the public domain would help.

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
...and his ego outgrown his ability for a few year.

Really? Think I never seen a player with less ego than him. He was 16 when he went to R. Madrid, and the media was quick to dismiss his talent when he didn’t play for the first team for a couple of seasons. But he never complained and told everyone that he wasn’t in a hurry to make an impact. Now he is one of those who run the most during a match.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned already but exactly the sort of player we need. Someone who can carry the ball out of midfield and is comfortable playing a more fluid formation where you can easily find yourself midfield/wide/up top depending on how the game seems to be going at any specific moment.

Biggest issue will be competition for him, he's really showing promise this season and if he keeps doing this well Madrid might not even want to sell him.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I always find it curious when links start appearing so early...

When that happens it's usually:

1. A press hack (in this case Tom Hopkinson) getting a snippet from a scout watching a game, (or putting two and two together on who the scout is watching) and then writing a speculative story to earn their money.

2. The agent putting his player in the shop window - in this case Björn Tore Kvarme at NSKY. Maybe the kid isn't liking life at Real Sociedad?

3. The selling club putting their player in the shop window. He joined in July 2019. Does anyone know if Real can terminate his loan early and sell him? He's supposed to be there for a year...

4. From what I've learnt over the years, buying clubs do sometimes want to tie up deals very early but in this case I honestly can't see why putting it in the public domain would help.

ALL parties can have valid cause to be poking the fire early - especially us.

Sometimes it's about creating leverage for negotiation where there might not have been as desired.....if Olmo hasn't been acceptable value, then 'Odegaard noise' can help create it.

Which one or similar do we really want. ;) :)....

Back
Top Bottom